• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden travelling companion poll

Who do you want Satoshi to travel with again?

• Misty

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Brock

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Tracey

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • May

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Max

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Iris

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Cilan

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Bonnie

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Clemont

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Serena

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Souji

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Makoto

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

marshiyanmisuta

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Based on this: NEWS: - Pokemon travelling companion poll

The protagonist Satoshi continues his journey aiming to become a Pokémon Master, but what keeps him going is the presence of his companions. And every time a new series starts, the companions that travel with him change. This led Anime Anime to hold a poll where we asked "Who do you want Satoshi to travel with again?". Since the travel groups up to this point has had a maximum of 3 members excluding Satoshi himself, we let people give up to three answers, so that they'd be able choose every companion from a specific series.

RESULTS!

1. Brock
2. Misty
3. Dawn and Serena
5. Bonnie and May
7. Clemont and Tracey
9. Iris and Max

Last edited:
My Favorites Are:

A. Serena, Because I'm an Amourshipper
B. Brock: For his Funny Running gag of being Dragged away from a Woman
C. Bonnie: For her Reverse Brock Routine trying to get Girls to marry her older brother, With Clemont dragging her away, Similar to how Max & Misty Dragged Brock away from the Ladies!!

My favourites:

Dawn
I'm biased to her due to nostalgia. She fits in well with Ash, and Piplup and Pikachu's antics were nice.

Misty
I like her arguing dynamic with Ash. She and Ash look nice disagreeing and enjoying themselves all the same.

Bonnie
The Zygarde plot really defined her, and others have mentioned her absence of bias towards normally dangerous/hideous Pokemon.

If I could select another companion, it'd be a tie between max and brock.

Anyone who knows me should already know that I'm BW trash.

1. Iris
Tbh, I absolutely hated her at first. She was annoying, preachy, and had bad hair. But seeing her struggle with every single one of her Pokemon was pretty fun. Both she and her team (bar Axew, most of the time) had vibrant personalities. And as we got to know Iris more, and as she developed more, she really became interesting and unique. (And she stopped being as bitchy.) She has one of the most compelling backstories of the traveling companions, and it's my favorite backstory.

I'd definitely like to see her come back, since her Pokemon could use some improvement, and she bounces off other characters well.

Sometimes, in the back of my mind, I can still hear her going "kodomo ne."

2. Cilan
He got annoying sometimes, but he was pretty fun. He was a breath of fresh air in the show, and he brought a lot of energy into episodes. I just wish he got more development, since he was lacking a bit in that department.

Bring him back, and let him spread his areas of expertise, and continue to explore what a Sommelier's role.

Always, all the time, I can hear him say "TASTING TIME."

3. Misty
Feisty and fun, with a lot of great, snarky lines. And even as she mellowed out, she was still interesting and spirited. It helps that she caught some of my favorite Pokemon at the time.

4. Bonnie
She's perky and adorable, and she brought a lot of fun to the XY group. One of my complains in the group is how they all sort of revolve around Ash. But it doesn't feel that way with Bonnie. Bonnie sees Serena as a big sister, she has a realistic relationship with her brother, and she wants to learn a lot from Ash. Even though she didn't battle and wasn't really a trainer, she still contributed to the show. And her bond with Squishy the best, non-League part of XYZ.

Plus she killed Lysandre.

5. Brock
As I get older, weirder and creepier, I find myself relating to Brock more and more. He's responsible, level-headed, and cares for the people around him. Plus he's hilarious; I still remember his flirty remarks fondly. He's suffered from a serious case of neglect on the writers' part, but that still doesn't negate how enjoyable he was when she spotlight fell on him.

6. Max
He was a little jerk sometimes. I liked that.

7. Clemont
He was neat. I liked how he gained more confidence over time, and his invention gimmick was cool. He also gets bonus points for having great scenes with Bonnie. Didn't like his team outside of Luxray, though.

8. Serena
She's nice, had good dynamic with Bonnie, and had great scenes with her Pokemon. I found her journey to be boring once she found her voice and chose to do that stupid Kalos Queen thing, since I preferred the quest for identity that made her try different things. And dear God, her second look was horrendous. This is why you don't let a 10-year-old cut her own hair. And her second outfit just looked like a bunch of tablecloths piled onto a cowboy costume.

But problems aside, I don't dislike her. I just think that she wasn't utilized as well as she could be. I'd love to see them explore her more, away from her and her crush on Ash. Please show us her Hoenn Contest adventures; you already showed us how creative she could be with her displays. If we got that, she'd easily shoot up to number 6 on my list, as minimum.

9. Tracey
I like him. I barely remember him outside of the second movie's dub, where he butt into Misty and Melody's convo and asked if they were talking about him. He was pretty funny in that movie.

10. Dawn
She's neat, I guess. I have no strong feelings for or against her. I like her.

Last edited:
May, Bonnie, and Clemont because they're my favorite characters.:D If I could have had 4 votes i would have added Max just because I want to see him with May again. Their dynamic was always fun :p

I voted for Tracey bc he had like 20 episodes only and he is a blank sale so they writers could do more with him. He is not my favorite at all but I feel like he is the one that should travel again because of his lack of screentime.

Misty, because she could be a kickass gym leader by now, but still itching to travel again after all this time.

Brock, because he should get to become a doctor and save lives during a quest.

Max, because he should grow up and become a trainer. He is less obnoxious than another kid.

1. Serena: She was made for Ash, so it's natural.

2. Dawn: Best written Pokégirl and my favourite with Serena. Unfortunately, her chances of appearing again are 0%. It would probably be a waste of money or not bring any profit to OLM.

3. May: Another Pokégirl I like. But given her VA can no longer perform and the target audience doesn't care about her, her chances of appearing again are -10%.

Serena <3

I like it when the cast members are all around the same age. Ash, Serena, Clemont, Lillie and Hau would be perfect. I'll let Dawn in as well.

Misty & Brock are the OT Gangstas. And Serena really grew on me, this past season. Also, given that she's a Pokemon Coordinator now, my favorite Pokemon career would still have representation in the group.

Serena isn't really a coordinator. She is merely using contests as a way to become a better performer... Her goal is still to become the Kalos Queen.

I don't see why anyone wants to see more of that storyline.

If she's taking part in contests then she's a coordinator no? And who doesn't want to be a performer. I always wanted to be an idol >.<

I don't want to be an idol, lol. Nor do I know anyone who does.

She's a temporary coordinator by her own admission.

I don't want to be an idol, lol. Nor do I know anyone who does.

Lol well the point is that there are people who do. :)

And I'm expecting her to get better at battling from her experience with contests, she would be more capable of holding her own when the next villainous group attacks. I mean I think she already has some decent skills going by that episode where she pretended to be Ash.

Seeing the competition is banned to 50% of the population, so, >50% people don't want/cannot be performers.

There should be a plot line, about a boy who wants to be a performer. And Serena can be the one who encourages him to break down these walls that are holding him back from his dreams.

There should be a plot line, about a boy who wants to be a performer. And Serena can be the one who encourages him to break down these walls that are holding him back from his dreams.

Those aren't walls which I don't think are possible to break down like that. That'd be like saying that a Pokémon should be allowed to compete as a trainer in the league.
If there were social causes for that, It'd be plausible and easy.

And from what we know about Serena's character, she seems too happy about the present system.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom