• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden travelling companion poll

Who do you want Satoshi to travel with again?

• Misty

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Brock

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Tracey

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • May

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Max

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Iris

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Cilan

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Bonnie

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Clemont

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Serena

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Souji

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Makoto

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Misty and Brock are my "for sure" picks. I firmly believe that the OS trio had the best dynamic of a group, and not just because they were together the longest. I always thoroughly enjoyed their interactions and liked the varying emotions and tones. There could be disagreements, arguments, teasing, but also friendliness and joking around and having a good time. It's been a long time since that whole group was together, and I still think there are lots of other adventures they could go on.

My third choice would be a little bit more open, but I would say that my top three choices would probably be Tracey, May, and Iris. I really like Tracey's character, but he wasn't around all that long. I'd love to see him get more development, more backstory, more Pokémon, etc. I do love when we get to see him working with Professor Oak...I think that's one of the best things the anime has done with a companion once their traveling time was up. But we hardly ever see them together anymore, which is so disappointing. Heck, I would so settle for a side series of Pokémon Chronicles-esque episodes that revolve around Tracey and Professor Oak's adventures around the lab!

May is for purely selfish reasons. She's my second favorite female companion and the one who I most closely relate to personality wise. I think she's super entertaining and her Pokémon, coordinator skills, and rivals are among my favorite in the whole series. She's got a fun, dynamic personality as well.

Iris for similar reasons to Tracey, though also somewhat selfish like May. I want to know more about her. She has an interesting backstory that I think could be fleshed out even more. I actually like Iris as a character, and I think seeing more of her actually battling and training and working towards her goal, in addition to more details added to her backstory, would amplify her character.

My top 3 picks were:

Brock
Misty
Serena

My number 1 pick is Brock, best companion of the whole series. Been dying for him to return since he left. He added a great source of both humor (absurd, clever, and romantic humor all were great) and was the group's rock (pun intended).

My least favorite companion of the whole series is definitely Iris. She just always tended to annoy me--she was often childish, rude, and hypocritical imo. Plus the entire BW series was horrendous imo.

I really want to see May again. I truly enjoyed her as a character and, even though her Contest arc wasn't as well written as Dawn's, I still liked it very much. She also had some of the most entertaining rivals in the anime's history.

For the rest, I don't know what to pick. I like Serena, Bonnie and Clemont, but it hasn't been that long since the XY(Z) saga ended. Dawn had a well written Contest arc and I like her, but not as much as others. I'd be happy to see her again, but I can also live with not ever seeing her again in the anime.

I might actually pick Brock just because I'm pretty cool with him, even if he became pretty stale and boring halfway through the DP saga. Misty is one character I never liked even when I was a kid. Her character just didn't work for me. The rest I'm neutral towards, though I wouldn't mind seeing Tracy again if it meant developing his character a little.

RESULTS! BULBAGARDEN TOP 10 MOST POPULAR CHARACTERS!

1. Brock
2. Misty
3. Dawn and Serena
5. Bonnie and May
7. Clemont and Tracey
9. Iris and Max

The only ones I'm surprised by are Tracey and Max also I would put put Cilan in Number 10.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom