• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden VGC Tournament #001 (signups)

Reaction score
Same spiel as in the OU tourney, but in case you read this thread first!

We'll be trying to do regularly scheduled tournaments here in the Battle Center, in a variety of formats. While the more standard battle formats (OU and VGC) will be featured most prominently, there will also be tournaments for other formats so look forward to those as well!

We'll be keeping records of the winners for each tournament up on a sticky thread so do your best! The rules and tournament format may be adjusted on future iterations so feedback and suggestions are always welcome :)
-----------------------------
Rules:
  • The tournament will be a single elimination bracket.
  • This tournament will be using the rules for Video Game Championship Format.
  • All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.

• Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

• All items will be allowed except Soul Dew. Each Pokémon must hold a different item.
  • Once a battle has been done, post in this thread for verification. Having both sides verify the result is preferred but replays of the battle can also be PM'd to me for verification.
  • Players are allowed to make changes to their team throughout the tournament.
  • Any violation of the rules will result in disqualification from the tournament and possible actions against future participation.
-----------------------------
Participants:
Slife (ZyFlux)
2. Etrian Oddity (Etrian Oddity)
3. JustJeff (MarikaBestGirl)
4. Kirby4ever (Kirby4ever)
5. MachDragonX (Dr. Clay Forrester)
6. sharkshocker (sharkshocker)
7. Max1996 (Max1996)

Signups are on a first come, first serve basis.

*Tournament pairings will be announced once we reach 16 participants. If there are less than 16 participants by Friday midnight PST (June 24), then the tournament will start with the first 8 participants. Subsequent entries will be counted as substitutes, with priority ordered based on their entry time.

Last edited:
Same here, I am just as in as the OU one.

Oh, and, as I said in that thread, I go by Etrian Oddity on Showdown.

I'll give it a try! even tho i know very little about VGC!

username: MarikaBestGirl

I will try my hand at this, although I don't play much VGC (I'm pretty terrible at it). My Showdown username is Dr. Clay Forrester.

*Bump* We just need one more player! Does anyone else want to sign up?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom