• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW086: Pochama VS Yanappu! The Magnificent Battle!!

Wow at people think Dr.Zager is the reason the TRio lost their old selves. You do realize it's the writers' fault for that right?

Last edited:
Talk about Team Rocket's place in the show and whether or not their personalities have been ruined are not topics that are relevant to this thread. Stick to the episode.

My beef with this episode:Not even a mention or image of Lacunosa Town, Giant Chasm, Village Bridge, Village Bridge Restaurant, Berry Sandwiches, Abyssal Ruins, Undella Bay, Seigaiha City, The Riches, and/or White Forest/Black City.

Just straight to Undella via plane, and not even a fly-over/flyby of such places. A cheap cop-out if I ever saw or heard one.

Wonder which of these will show up first.

It wasn't exactly the most thrilling episode but all the Pokemon interactions were quite funny. Its a shame though that it's obvious the next few weeks will be the Piplup show while the rest of Dawn's Pokemon will be treated like they were in this episode.

Talk about Team Rocket's place in the show and whether or not their personalities have been ruined are not topics that are relevant to this thread. Stick to the episode.

Didn't Dr.Zager and TRio appear in this episode? I should be allowed to talk about them. Whatever. I am just tired of hearing people on here saying they hope Dr.Zager kills himself or drowns or gets murdered. People shouldn't be allowed to say that on these forums because I like Dr.Zager and so do a lot of other people.

Didn't Dr.Zager and TRio appear in this episode? I should be allowed to talk about them.

You should only talk about them in relation to the rest of the episode, not how much you like/dislike a character or the overall personality of a character. If you have any more questions regarding this, please PM me.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird that none of the characters show signs of affection. Like a simple hug. I really expected Ash and Dawn to hug like normal friends would do when they haven't seen each other in a while. But all we got was a simple hey.

I don't think it's so common for 10 year old kids to hug each other...
Ash and Dawn were both clearly happy to meet again, did their high five and had whole lot of cute scenes, that was more than he got to do when he met up again with the other girls

Don't you guys remember how Ash reacted when he saw Misty or May again? It was pretty much the same thing just with the lack of a high five.

Not true at all
Ash and Dawn were both much more excited to meet each other again than Ash/May or Ash/Misty ever were
In fact, with Misty's case, in her second visit (Pallet after Hoenn League) Ash even seemed kind of... annoyed/surprised-in-a-not-so-nice-way when he saw Misty (while Pikachu was the one who was really happy to see her again)

I am surprised Dawn didn't bring anything, at least May gave Ash and Brock gifts. I wonder what Brock did with his Teddiursa doll, we know Ash has his in his room in BW1. ;)

Brock probably did the same and put it somewhere in his room (lol I remember now how he reacted to that doll when she gave it to him, like "wtf am I supposed to do with that" XD )
Actually, it could be nice if Dawn had May's Piplup pendant on her... too bad they didn't think of that
And I don't think it's so important for Dawn to give something to Ash, but it may happen eventually before she leaves

It wasn't exactly the most thrilling episode but all the Pokemon interactions were quite funny. Its a shame though that it's obvious the next few weeks will be the Piplup show while the rest of Dawn's Pokemon will be treated like they were in this episode.

I think we saw Mamo VS Pignite in one of the previews, so maybe we'll get to see the other doing a little more than they did in this ep... though I agree they'll probably focus on Pip... the others might shine more in the tournament (I already suspect Dawn will battle Iris, Cilan AND Ash in the tournament, since they kind of hinted to it in this ep, so that's 3 battles for at least 3 Poké if not more)

My beef with this episode:Not even a mention or image of Lacunosa Town, Giant Chasm, Village Bridge, Village Bridge Restaurant, Berry Sandwiches, Abyssal Ruins, Undella Bay, Seigaiha City, The Riches, and/or White Forest/Black City.

Just straight to Undella via plane, and not even a fly-over/flyby of such places. A cheap cop-out if I ever saw or heard one.

Wonder which of these will show up first.

well some of these places could lead to fill up "three months time" by filler episodes and maybe having dawn come along to some of the places in the future.

Can anyone please translate what Dr.Zager said at the end of the episode?
"Meloetta's singing...it sounds just like the lullaby my dear mother used to sing to us back on the old farm. It must be caught at all costs! But enough prattle. The time has come to construct a poorly thought out plan and build equipment that will fail with little provocation. Prepare the helicopter! ....no...wait a minute...don't prepare the helicopter. It's fine as it is."

Can anyone please translate what Dr.Zager said at the end of the episode?
"Meloetta's singing...it sounds just like the lullaby my dear mother used to sing to us back on the old farm. It must be caught at all costs! But enough prattle. The time has come to construct a poorly thought out plan and build equipment that will fail with little provocation. Prepare the helicopter! ....no...wait a minute...don't prepare the helicopter. It's fine as it is."

Darth Vader: "I find your lack of faith disturbing" ;)

Not as disturbing as my lack of faith in BW. Oh, man. 1 opportunity that will never ever be touched again. Ever. BW2? Eh. Surprise me.

This was a great reunion episode. Loved the Ash/Dawn antics, Pikachu and Buneary reunited, even Piplup and Pachirisu screwing around with Oshawott amused me. Would have liked the results of the Dawn VS Cilan battle. They didn't need to have Meloetta interfere like that, but whatever. If this was a contest battle, the connoisseur probably will be far behind on points with the coordinator cancelling all those attacks. Wonder what tech was replaced now that Piplup knows Ice Beam?

I suppose we'll know Dawn's adventure in Hoenn soon enough, although that Dawn Special I've seen will probably reflect on this as well and says otherwise.

Not as disturbing as my lack of faith in BW. Oh, man. 1 opportunity that will never ever be touched again. Ever. BW2? Eh. Surprise me.

This was a great reunion episode. Loved the Ash/Dawn antics, Pikachu and Buneary reunited, even Piplup and Pachirisu screwing around with Oshawott amused me. Would have liked the results of the Dawn VS Cilan battle. They didn't need to have Meloetta interfere like that, but whatever. If this was a contest battle, the connoisseur probably will be far behind on points with the coordinator cancelling all those attacks. Wonder what tech was replaced now that Piplup knows Ice Beam?

I suppose we'll know Dawn's adventure in Hoenn soon enough, although that Dawn Special I've seen will probably reflect on this as well and says otherwise.

BW2 looks like it's gonna be a great season. I have high hopes for it. As for BW, I think the most disappointing thing for me about that season is that they couldn't air those TR vs TP episodes. I would have loved to see Team Plasma appear in the anime as well.

BW2 looks like it's gonna be a great season. I have high hopes for it. As for BW, I think the most disappointing thing for me about that season is that they couldn't air those TR vs TP episodes. I would have loved to see Team Plasma appear in the anime as well.

I'll crank up my hopes for BW2 just a little bit. Mostly due to what I like seeing so far compared to that mess from the start.

It appears that Team Rocket is replacing Team Plasma's role in Isshu/ Unova. But don't lose all hope just yet, because the two-parter will be released sometime this year. *Crosses fingers* This will probably tie with their Meleotta plot hopefully.

Best episode of BW? Best episode of BW.

It's me or there is something wrong with Shirona? She seems to obsessed with watching Satoshi and his friends...

Best episode of BW? Best episode of BW.

It's me or there is something wrong with Shirona? She seems to obsessed with watching Satoshi and his friends...
Actually, I noticed that too, she keeps watching from afar. Run for your lives, kids, run! But seriously, I don't think there's anything wrong with her XD

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom