• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Capture the Shiny Victini! V1 - Fleeting Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Beginning
Reaction score
Capture the Shiny Victini
shiny victini stamp.png

stamp by AnimePsyclone

I crawl ashore an island, spitting seawater out of my mouth. "I can't believe I fell off that boat, and not a single person noticed!" I shout to myself. Suddenly, I hear rustling. I turn and hardly believing my eyes I see a shiny Victini peeking through some bushes! Thinking about the rarity of such a Pokémon and what I could possibly gain in exchange for the Victini, I snatch it up and swing it around, doing a little happy dance. Realizing that I must be at Liberty Garden in the Unova region, I try my best to look nonchalant as I walk my waterlogged self over to the port, Victini wrapped up snugly in the poncho that I had in my pocket and should have been wearing on that boat.

Hello, mere mortals lovely forum-goers. This thread is inspired by a series of games I've participated in on another forum, so I thought I could bring life into it here! This game is a sort of story, where you play as yourself (or whatever character you imagine yourself to be) in the Pokémon world. The goal is simple: capture the shiny Victini from the previous poster. You can have whatever motives and use whatever methods you wish, as long as you follow some simple rules.
1) Follow the rules of the Bulbgarden Forums and Fun and Games section, obviously.
2) Try to minimize the controlling of other poster's own characters. No god-modding, basically. Characters from the Pokémon universe are okay to use, and pretty much fair game for anyone.
3) No auto-killing. Please let each poster decide whether his/her own character(s) is dead.
4) Keep it relevant to Pokémon, please.
5) The shiny Victini is very passive. It doesn't use attacks, communicate via telepathy, or give anyone a hard time. Plus, it technically counts as my own character, me being the topic creator, so, yeah.
6) To let me know that you've read the rules, package up a copy each of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon including a note with your Bulbagarden username, and mail them to this address:
Just kidding.
7)PLEEEASE try to preserve continuity in the game. If you don't, it bugs me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, too. It is IMPORTANT that your post shifts the possession of the shiny Victini from one character to another (in most cases, your own character), or at least restates who actually has it. We need to keep the game on track! ALSO IMPORTANT: When your post changes the status or location of any other characters or objects critical to the plot, try to state so CLEARLY, like with the Victini. We don't want to get confused!
8)Try to add at least something substantial to the story in your post. This is to prevent the thread from being filled with spammy, irrelevant, or inconsequential posts.
9)Don't make it impossible for the next player to post something relevant that continues the game. For example, no killing the Victini, no being too obscure about your character's actions, no stashing away the Victini where it can literally never be accessed, etc. If you make a post and think someone else might have a hard time figuring out how to get the Victini or "save" themselves from a dangerous situation, you might want to hint at how they can accomplish that.
10)Most importantly, have fun!

The next poster continues from my above story!

FORMER PHASES:

Divine Banishment: Whatever team of six Pokémon you have at this point are all you get! You're banished with me in a barren alternate dimension!

Paleokémon:
We're stuck in the prehistoric Pokémon World! As a rule of thumb, disallowed Pokémon are mammalian, avian, artificial or otherwise "modern."

The Future is Now, Thanks to Science:
We're in the future! You can use future tech, but not mechanical Pokémon, as they're being controlled!

Mystery Dungeon Mayhem:
We're in the universe of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon! No people here, just lots of talking Pokémon.
Yes, this special phase was my idea! So, I'm not sure if everyone will follow what I'm saying here, but here's how it's going to go down (on my end, at least). The bold parts are the most important things to read in each point, so read them well:
  • In this phase, everyone is turned into a Pokémon based on the player characters that are selectable in the Mystery Dungeon series. Choose one based on a personality quiz, or choose it directly! I don't mind, and apparently that's how it works in Super Mystery Dungeon - and besides, the selection is largely limited to starters and many basic, first-evolution Pokémon anyway. If you want a full list of every Pokémon ever available in a Mystery Dungeon game, I'll drop a spoiler down below. I imagine it'll make for amusing results with the more forceful characters trying to drag Victini with their smaller bodies.
  • The character's partner will join them shortly after they arrive, serving as their Partner Pokémon as they explore through the dungeons. The other Pokémon of their team have been lost in the dungeons and it's up to you to find and recruit them in a dungeon! For those with many partners, it won't be easy to gather them all, but if you can, it may give you a huge advantage!
  • Battles between other players will play out as normal, though obviously the trainers are now part of the fight too! Some things may change depending on the effects of the move in Mystery Dungeon itself...
  • It'd be hard to manage an inventory for every single one of your characters, so I won't push you to make it essential to monitor exact stocks and the like for 100% of the journey, but I would like to see references to items from this series every now and then in relation to exploration and battle! The race to find all your partners, as well as the Victini - you can't be catching up to the leader on an empty stomach, now! And stocking up on those Reviver Seeds may also help...
  • Should one faint in battle and not have a Reviver Seed, you'll be sent back to the main town that serves as the base for your team. In this case, I'd respawn back at Lively Town.
  • Major edit: Also, you're stuck without your original inventory from the original world. You were just turned into a Pokémon, after all! I'm not sure when I want to let players access their human inventory again aside from the end of the arc where we return to the original world, so put your feedback in! I will say this, however - Any knowledge that your characters have can be used to affect what they prioritise in items for the world of Mystery Dungeon. The Djinn's Bottle, for example, could be a prime target for the plumber once it comes into play.
ONGOING SPECIAL RULES: None!

Last edited:
As the guard takes the Victini, one of the other guards walked to him.
"If you don't mind, sir, I would like to see if this is a live Victini."
The moment the Victini is handed to him, he runs away.

Last edited:
"Hmm... I don't like the look of that guard," I mutter. I notice another person swipe the shiny Victini away from him. Ripping a special Klefki necklace off of myself, I toss it to the ground and send out a pair of Klefki from their Pokéballs. They dash forward, each toting an end of the extendable necklace, and stretch it out to trip Max1996! He falls face-flat in the dirt. One Klefki returns my necklace to me as the other seizes Victini. I run off, glancing behind me every few seconds.

Before the Victini reached ME, Max ran toward it, jumping up, successfully taking it with him.
"I'm counting on you, Kartana! Keep them busy!" he yelled, as he opened two Beast Balls, revealing a Celesteela and a Kartana.
Immediately, Kartana moved in to attack the others, as Max hopped onto Celesteela, Victini in hand, and took off.

Last edited:
While Maniacal is kept busy with Kartana, I slip away from the commotion and send out my Magnezone. Hovering after Max on Magnezone, I have it use Lock-on to hone in on Celesteela, then unleash a powerful Zap Cannon attack. As Celesteela weathers the hit, I send out a Sigilyph to blow Victini up into the air with Whirlwind! I catch Victini, then hop onto Sigilyph and begin flying towards Castelia City.

Right after MegaPod arrived in Castelia City, he's approached by "Burgh".
"Oh, my! That looks like something truly special!" he said. "May I take a look at it for myself for a few minutes?"
MegaPod nodded and handed the Victini over to "Burgh" before walking off to one of the streets.
After looking around to make nobody is paying attention, "Burgh" hid in a small back alley, where he took off his disguise, revealing himself to be Max's brother.
5 minutes later, Max walks into that very back alley.
"Thanks for the help, brother," he said, as he took the Victini and ran off.
"Don't mention it!"

Last edited:
*lands on the island, riding a Flygon with Fly*
Ooh, is this the correct island? Is the shiny Victini here?
*sees Max*
IBUKI SHOULD HAVE THE SHINY VICTINI!
*throws a flashbang with TM70 written on it, then smashes Max with a guitar*
*hides with the Victini*

"Ow..." Max muttered. "That really hurt, you jerk! Don't think you can get away for that!"
As he looked around, he opened Lucario's PokeBall.
"Hey, Lucario, can you try and find the girl that hit me on the head just now?"
Lucario nodded and stared at one of the broken guitar pieces, before checking the surroundings. It didn't take long for him to point in a specific direction.
Running in that direction, it didn't take long for them to find Ibuki. Before she realized the two found her, an Aura Sphere hit her in the stomach, causing her to let go of Victini.
Quickly picking up the Victini, Max and Lucario ran away, hiding in a nearby bush.
"Thanks for the help, buddy," Max said, returning Lucario to its PokeBall, after he smiled and nodded.

Last edited:
(Hey, just so you know, I did intend for this game to follow a sort of story format. Have fun with it!)

"This is OUTRAGEOUS!" I shout, shaking my fists like a madman. "You can't get away with this!!!"
"Sorry, sir, but we won't be selling Casteliacones for three months now," says a woman closing up the Casteliacone stand. "Come back in the spring!"
"Fine," I grumble. I walk away pouting, then go to where I left my shiny Victini with a trusted friend...or so I thought! I gasp at the shed Burgh disguise laying on the ground, realizing that I'd been hoodwinked. I send out my Sigilyph to get an aerial view. Sigilyph signals to me that he's spotted the shiny Victini. I run over and find a couple of people fighting over shiny Victini in the bushes. Thinking quick, I grab an Escape Rope from my pack and use it to lasso the Victini away! I dart off, sending out Magnezone to use Thunder Wave on Ibuki and Max.

Last edited:
Just then, Zoroark's illusion wore off.
At the same time, Max was close to the border of Castelia City.
"Just wait until he realizes he was seeing things...heh..." Max snickered, as he walked away, Shiny Victini in hand.

Last edited:
"Bribing the guards...Not on my watch!"
As those words left his mouth, Max sent out Hydreigon.
"Use Earthquake!"
Hydreigon hesitated for a moment, before using the attack, knocking the guards and ME out.
Taking the Victini from ME, he quickly jumped on Hydreigon's back, flying towards Nuvema Town.

Last edited:
After I help Burgh, who was tied up and thrown into the bushes, I go make some exchanges on my PC at the Castelia City Pokémon Center. My Staraptor whisks me off to Nuvema Town, where I disguise myself as Professor Juniper just in time to greet Max. In a pushy manner, I offer him four "Pokéballs", and I swipe Victini away as my quartet of Voltorb esplode in his arms. I send out my Abra, and teleport back to Castelia City with my Pokémon and the shiny Victini!

Not happy about Max's antics, the Castelia Border Patrol immediately pounces on MegaPod when he Teleports back, considering the Teleport spawning spot is right in front of the Pokemon Center, they can easily predict where he will appear.
They arrest MegaPod and, once again, confiscate the Victini as "evidence."

*ME hands over more money to the boarder patrol*

"Do not underestimate my disguise abilities!" Max's brother said, revealing himself, right before he takes Victini and uses Reuniclus to teleport away, leaving no clue as to where he teleported to.

Locked up in my cell, I cackle insanely and foam at the mouth for no real reason. Then, when the warden isn't looking, I form some bread crusts from my complimentary snack of stale bread into a lock pick, which I use to escape from custody. I retrieve my Herdier from Pokémon storage and have him sniff my poncho from before. Herdier picks up the shiny Victini's scent, and I find Max's brother after some journeying. I sic my Scrafty on him with a Hi Jump Kick out of the blue, and have my Koffing fill the air with poisonous mist as I snatch Victini and vanish into the shadows.

Max runs away with the real Victini, while MegaPod speeds off with the super-realistic looking plushie.
"Hmm, maybe I should prepare myself for battles that are to come..." he thought to himself. "It doesn't look like keep the Victini with me is going to be easy."
After healing his Pokemon at a nearby Pokemon Center, he walked over to the PC, putting Celesteela and Kartana in it, while taking out Sceptile and Greninja.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom