• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Capture the Shiny Victini! V1 - Fleeting Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the advantage of how Thunder becomes inexorable in Rain, the plumber sent out a Galvantula that proceeded to rain down unavoidable Thunders on Max, his Kecleon, the Kyogre, and MP until they all fell unconscious. With the Kyogre defeated, the Heavy Rain thankfully petered down to clear, cloudy sky before the place could've flooded. Snatching the Victini from Max's hands, he approached the fainted MP and remarked, "Good grief, you were much nicer back when you weren't human...." The plumber then proceeded to kick MP's unresponsive face a few times and threw him and Max into the river, where packs of Sharpedo, once again, emerged. The plumber went back to his somehow intact base and proceeded to participate Wonder Trade, where he ends up receiving a Shiny Kyurem.

"A shiny Victini? This can't be right..."
With a confused look on his face, a trainer from abroad looks at his Pokédex to see that he did indeed obtain a shiny Victini from a Wonder Trade. He decides to travel with it for a while to search for someone who may know more about it.

The pack of Sharpedo trying to munch me and Max jars me awake. I flail and fight desperately until we are both pulled out of the water by none other than Wolfrick. "Lemme guess," he asks, "the plumber?"
Wringing out my shirt, I respond, "Yeah. Where have you been?"
"Pssh, showing some damn Dusknoyer who's boss. How many times is it gonna try and drag me to the spirit world?" Before anyone can correct Wolfrick's pronunciation of "Dusknoir", he asks, "Hey, why don't you two form a new gang with me? We could go after the plumber and the Victini together!"
"Hmm..." I stand there pondering, until a Sharpedo suddenly breaches, biting my hand with the one remaining Dialglove off. The glove releases a final burst of temporal energy as it is destroyed, and the Sharpedo vanishes in a blue flash. I stare at the spot where my right hand was bitten off, screaming like an Exploud. Wolfrick, also shocked, joins the chorus, and we go on like that for a good minute.

Meanwhile, a mysterious hacker spies on a trainer from a room full of monitors. His Porygon-Z, equipped with a hidden camera, is tailing the person who ended up with the shiny Victini, and by no accident; it was the hacker who rigged the trade in the first place, setting up an ambush. Porygon-Z lets loose a Hyper Beam, KO-ing the trainer, then picks up the shiny Victini. "Come to me, my good luck charm," the hacker mutters as his Pokémon darts through some trees.

After a moment of stunned silence over somehow trading a Pokemon that wasn't even in a Poke Ball in the first place, the plumber, in a silent fit of rage, rode his Skarmory out of his base, ignoring the screaming, and flew far away, only to find a Porygon Z attacking a random trainer with the Shiny Victini then stealing said Victini, and quickly sent out a Mega Blaziken that proceeded to quickly outrun the Porygon Z and proceeds to deliver a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on the Porygon Z through Close Combat. Once the Porygon Z fainted in severe pain, the plumber returned his Blaziken back to its Ball, snatched the Victini, and flew away back to his home in Pyrite Town.

The travelling trainer wakes up in a Pokémon Center.
"Oh, you're awake? That's good to hear," says the lady. "That Hyper Beam did a real number on you."
"You're telling me," quipped the trainer. "Someone seems to want that Pokémon really badly... I think I might search for it."
"Will you, now? Well, we hope to see you again!" The Pokémon Center gradually leaves his eyesight as he calls for a Talonflame.
"So, what to do next?" The travelling trainer reasons that the best place to start would be asking around for information on this rare Pokémon in its home region - Unova. Landing on the port to the S.S. Anne in the Kanto Region in Vermilion City, he asks the sailor when it would be returning.
"You're in luck. It's returning in a couple of hours. Do you have an S.S. Ticket?" The trainer then shows his ticket, still sealed in a bit of plastic. "Okay, then! Guess you're good to go. Just wait in the lobby, will ya?"

Our travelling trainer has a couple of thoughts to himself as he waits for the ship to arrive...
"I could have just flown straight there, but I think I need a bit of time to think about this. So going the long way over to the Unova region will help me clear my thoughts. Hmm... Perhaps I could ask the people on board about this apple-coloured V for victory. The S.S. Anne travels the world, so surely the people who travel on it and the staff on the ship have heard a couple of stories in their time..."

Back in Pyrite Town, the plumber looks over at his Shiny Victini a couple of times, but no matter what happens, it never does anything other than bob its head up and down.

"'A noble town of rogues and ruffians,'" Wolfrick says to me after we land my Metapod airship in Pyrite Town. "That's what they call this place. I know I can gather up some top-notch gang material here."
"You go do that while I snag the Victini," I reply. I extend my right arm, now adorned with a metal hook, which Wolfrick shakes firmly before we part ways.

The plumber almost makes it into his home before my Dhelmise suddenly knocks him down with an Anchor Shot. Then, a rumbling in the ground below is followed by my Excadrill emerging and hitting the plumber in the stomach with Drill Run. While the plumber is down, I run over to him and grab Victini with my left hand. I immediately stuff Victini into my silver carrier, which is dangling on my hook. "Sorry," I taunt, jiggling the carrier, "but I'm hooked on this shiny Victini!" I run off into an abandoned mine with my Excadrill, and begin rolling down the tunnels in a rusty mine cart.

Last edited:
Suddenly, a part the railway and the ground below it bursted into pieces, with Flygon emerging from the rubble. "Gotcha, Pod!", Ibuki shouted, and in a flash, the Flygon attacked with Hyper Beam, leaving the opposing trainer knocked out. Seeing that Pod might wake up and catch up to her and the cave is long enough, Ibuki fled away, stashing the Victini.

Confused over how they managed to break into Pyrite Cave as it was permanently sealed off ever since Pyrite Building was converted to ONBS, the plumber sneaked into the cave nonetheless and used his Mawile's Sing to lull Ibuki and the Victini to sleep. The plumber then silently buried the unconscious Ibuki deep within the cavern, grabbed the Victini and sneaked out and went back to his house and ensured that all doors are locked, as he still remembers that one time Max somehow broke into his house. He also called up his own gang to come in and guard his home just in case Wolfrick plans another attack.

A few hours pass, and the Victini trades hands on multiple occasions during that time. Far away from all of them at the moment, the travelling trainer seeks out information while sailing on the S.S. Anne on the way to Unova...

"Yo, cap. Heard any stories about Pokémon number 0?"
Walking up to the captain's deck, he fires this question as his greeting.
The sailor's confused face greets the trainer as he turns to look at him. "Pokémon number 0? Ain't ever heard that being a thing, buddy."
The trainer then slides next to him with a sly smile. "Then would the name Victini happen to ring any bells?"
"Oh... Oh! Right. Yeah, I have heard of that thing a couple of times in passing," says the sailor. "I heard a trainer managed to find it around 6 years ago. I take it that your stop is the Unova region?"
The trainer spins and points. "You got that right! I'm searching for a particularly rare specimen, one that looks like an apple." He holds up his Pokédex to the sailor and shows him the data entry.
"Whoa, man. That thing is straight-up bright as a Swanna's feathers! You sure that this isn't a mistake?" The sailor turns his vision back to the sea before continuing.
"Well, even though I'm a bit of a collector of rarities myself, I couldn't believe it either," remarks the trainer. "I'm looking to see just what the truth is behind this thing."
"Hmm..." The sailor pauses for a moment before he turns back to the Trainer after adjusting the ship's course. "Well, it's the first I've heard of this... Nobody seems to tell me anything but rumours and fables. Sorry, bud, but I don't have any information for you there."
"Well, that's a shame..." The trainer looks on in slight disappointment before recomposing himself. "Heard any other rumours and stories lately?"
"Hmm... There's been stories of a Pokémon that everyone's looking to get, and they're destroying several areas in their pursuit!" The sailor laughs loudly. "Ha! Could you believe the youngsters these days? Mindless violence and destruction for one Pokémon! I miss the days where we sought after these Pokémon with our bare hands in the mountains and the forests!"
"Yeah..." The trainer grabs a single Beast Ball in his possession and looks at it before facing forward and continuing. "I do, too."

Back in Pyrite Town, the plumber waits in his abode, with Victini in his possession, his eyesight moving ever so slightly once he notices the silhouettes of his gang members turning around to face someone.

Calmly spying on his group's actions through a window while gripping the sleeping Victini tightly with his arms, the plumber decided to multitask and take a couple swigs of beer as he gleefully watches as his guards overpower what he presumes to be that Wolfrick guy and a newly formed gang. After the intruders were chased away, the plumber went to his room and played The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth while his Pokemon, one of them being his new Shiny Kyurem, guarded the Victini intensely.

As the plumber plays his videogame, neither he nor his Pokemon realize Max's Greninja is inside, hiding himself with Shadow Sneak. He quietly moved over to the Victini and breaks it free, quickly smashing a window to escape before anyone realized what was going on.

But the sound of glass was heard by the Pyrite Town police department, and Max was arrested for both breaking property and stealing property as well. He ends up imprisoned in Pyrite Town's jail, where not only does he get his Pokemon confiscated, but the other inmates harshly deride him for acting like a Team Snagem member. After repairing his window, the plumber ponders whether he should get a Mega Charizard X in case something like that ever happens again.

Last edited:
After digging for a while, Ibuki managed to break free from being buried alive. "Did he become a freaking psychopath thanks to watching creepy anime? Yeah, we might be rivals, but my heart says no. I just always think about this rivalry like a game to see who is worthy of the shiny Victini. Just, why would a person even try to kill me? From trying to slash my neck, turning me into a mummy, and then this?", she ponders while fleeing from the cave. "Time for searchin', Flygon!". The two of them went flying, and then they reached the place where the plumber lives. Ibuki then sneaked until reaching behind the plumber fixing his window, and then she shouted, "You MONSTER, trying to kill me and also killing MP's Braixen using your cousin! As Ibuki Mioda, the Ultimate Musician, you'll be needed to be knocked out!". *bzzzzttt*
The plumber was tasered to unconsiousness, and then the Victini was stashed away. Ibuki then fled to the Hoenn region, and she built a Secret Base in Route 119.

Little did Ibuki knew that the gang who guarded the plumber was trailing after her for attacking their leader. Just as she was finished decorating her Secret Base, the plumber's cronies then ambushed her and sent out a Mega Mawile, a Mega Lopunny, a Mega Ampharos, a Mega Heracross, and a Mega Sceptile that all proceeded to beat her down and destroy her secret base. Just as the group received the Victini, a Xatu owned by one of the members gave her a past vision just before the murder of Braixen; revealing to her that the "dentist" who killed the Braixen was actually her brother. The gang then flew away as Ibuki sat there in pain and in realization. Back at Pyrite Town, the plumber recovered from the pain as his team came back and gave him the Victini.

Before any of the plumber's cronies knew it, a Typhlosion, a Greninja, a Hydreigon, a Luxray, a Lucario and a Sceptile attacked and defeated their Pokemon, before the plumber is revealed to be Max in disguise, the real one still in the Pyrite Town jail, through a disguise put on in the confusion. Taking the Victini, he ran off.

Sitting in the Pokémon Center and watching the television, the travelling trainer catches news reports of a trainer who had just been thrown in jail in Pyrite Town. "Heh... This guy. Weren't Snagem done years ago? Though this could prove interesting if I decided to head there myself... I think I'd better hold out for now and wait for them to come to me. The location may change frequently, so I've made a couple of... precautions to track it. My little Premier Ball here is gonna be lonely for a while..." He then recalls his trip to Liberty Garden just an hour earlier.

"Wooo! Hellooooo, Unova! A sunny day in Castelia City and a clear sky of blue," exclaims the trainer upon landing on the seaport. In that same loud tone, he asks the curator seen in the distance if he's heard any weird stories.
"Oh, me? Well, nobody really comes here anymore..." The curator pauses for a moment to think before he continues. "... Oh! There was this guy who woke up here a while back after being thrown off a boat of some sort! Or at least, that's what I seem to recall."
The trainer perks up a bit when he hears this information. "Did you ever catch his name?"
"No, I did not," replies the curator. "I just saw some white thing be snatched out of his hands being wrapped up in a poncho while another guy ran off!"
The trainer freezes in place as he hears that sentence, then promptly rushes right to his side and holds out his Pokédex. "Did it look something like this? Like an apple of some sort?"
"Oh... Oh! I do recall a red V attached to a ball, but that's about it." The curator then steps in closely to whisper in his ear. "Listen. Between you and me, I think a guard that used to work here wanted that thing for himself!"
The travelling trainer's eyes flare up with excitement upon this news. "Sounds like my kind of challenge! Thanks for the info, old man!"
"No problem, you young whippersnapper! By the way, what's your name?" The curator halts the trainer for a brief moment. "Perhaps I could engrave your name in history if you come back to me later with more information?"
The trainer gives a smirk before speaking. "Engraved in history, huh? Well, if you're so curious... The name's Ryota. Some say I'm a bit showier than most!"
The curator laughs before continuing. "Ha ha ha! Ryota, what a fine name. Good luck on your travels!"
"You too!" Ryota then runs off and, throwing a Premier Ball revealing a Mega Pidgeot, flies back to Castelia City.

Back in the Hoenn Region, Max dashes through Lilycove City, making a quick stop at the Department Store to pick up some food and potions, while keeping some of his Pokémon on the roof to guard Victini.

After a line of explanations, the plumber was proven innocent and framed and thus was released alongside his own Pokemon. Seething with flaming anger at Max, he used his Skarmory to fly to Hoenn, until he notices Max's signature team of Pokemon standing in watch on the rooftop. After calmly entering the building through the first floor, he went into the elevator to make a quick shortcut before Max could catch up. While the plumber was inside the elevator, he sent out a Shiny Haxorus and told it to maximize its stats through Dragon Dance while in the elevator just before they attack. After a few purchases on the fifth floor of the mall, where no one seemed to notice or care about the dinosaur-like dragon that was walking alongside the plump plumber, the plumber sicced his reptilian warrior at the group of Pokemon and gleefully watched as the Haxorus bloodthirstily mauled the entire team of Pokemon through Outrage without breaking a sweat. The plumber then took the horrified Victini, returned the Haxorus to its Premier Ball, and flew back to Pyrite Town just as Max was about to enter the rooftop to find out what the commotion was all about.

Mega ninja.

I tail the plumber in flight, my Metapod airship having been cloaked from sight. I send out my Litten, who blasts fire at Skarmory through a small hatch. I then flip a switch on my hook, putting it into "grappling mode", and shoot it out at the plumber on a long cord. The hook snags the Victini, and I wind a metal crank on my right wrist, tugging against the plumber's grip. "Aw, and I was fantasizing about my meetup with Max! It was a vivid daydream, too. I had this whole 'ring of fire' tactic planned out."

Last edited:
The Skarmory withstood the Litten's puny attack, and while riding his armored avian, the plumber chortled at the weak strikes that did nothing to his sturdy bird. The fat plumber then shouted out to MP "The fuck?! What kind of dumbass would use an unevolved Pokemon against a Level 100 Pokemon?! Oh well, I'll just have to tell you to say goodbye to your fucking airship." The plumber then let go of the Victini as it was getting abducted by MP's pirate hook and sends out his new Kyurem which now had fused with a Zekrom that the plumber also obtained during a Wonder Trade. The Black Kyurem then unleashed a Subzero Slammer that then smashes the entire ship and crushes it down into the ocean floor, which then explodes into irreparable icy pieces. The Kyurem then plucked the Victini out of the frosty water and handed it over to the plumber. The plumber then patted his loyal dragon in the head and fed it a Poke Snack just before returning it back to its Master Ball. The plumber, now satisfied, flew back to Pyrite City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom