• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chapter 3: Pokémon Terastal Debut - Beginning April 12th

Ngl: As exciting this all sounds, part of me can't help but be cynical in feeling this might have been the result of some higher-up executives meddling in the production of the series, demanding they showcase the Paldea school smack right in the middle of the Six Heroes quest. Am I the only one here?
Tbf, the anime has to last untill gen 10, which might potentially be 2026 depending on when PLZA releases. Plus they are at the exact middle point of the Six Heroes, it's just good timing for a training arc, doubt there was any meddling involved.

Ngl: As exciting this all sounds, part of me can't help but be cynical in feeling this might have been the result of some higher-up executives meddling in the production of the series, demanding they showcase the Paldea school smack right in the middle of the Six Heroes quest. Am I the only one here?

That doesn’t make much sense. If they’re being forced to bring in the school, why do it now, when SV are for all intents and purposes, done? We’re setting up for Legends Z-A next year, too.

Even doing this when the DLC was coming out would’ve made far more sense.

Also, they’ve been setting this up for awhile now. Nemona and Iono both challenged Roy and Dot to battles.

Nah you’re not alone. This definitely feels like a story pivot that wasn’t part of the original plan. It’s only purpose seems to be promotion considering it goes against the current of what the RVT has been working toward so far.

It’ll probably help for some character development but I can’t help but feel this is misguided from a storytelling perspective.

I Expect it to come out in December 2024 initally only on CBBC and the iPlayer after the japanese airings in spring followed by Canal J/Gulli, Boing, Toggo/Super RTL and Cartoon Network/Teletoon until it comes out in 2025 on Netflix

I mean, it has kinda been built towards. Dot showed that she was interested in terastalization and their reasoning for coming back to Paldea is to learn more about Terapagos so what better way than by making use of the school while they’re here?

I Expect it to come out in December 2024 initally only on CBBC and the iPlayer after the japanese airings in spring followed by Canal J/Gulli, Boing, Toggo/Super RTL and Cartoon Network/Teletoon until it comes out in 2025 on Netflix
Knowing last year and this year, this can be accurate for the dub.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Let's just hope it goes better than in AG, BW, and to a lesser extent SM.
(though if the kids suddenly take a random trip to Kitakami or Blueberry Academy... <.<)

This Leaves us with the big Question, What is going to happen to the Explorers?
They'll probably just chill for a while. After all, the other villain teams would disappear for weeks or even months at a time and some took a few years for their stories to play out, so why not the Explorers too? Even if it DOES feel weird for them go on a long hiatus after showing up so often...

Alternatively, the Explorers and the RVTs could be having a conflict going on as a B plot while the kids are at school.

I think that's hard to say for sure when we don't know if being at Paldea will help advance that storyline yet. But executive meddling to promote a game that came out a little over a year ago doesn't really make much sense. Since they've seemingly had some foundation for this development with Paldea characters showing up and having Terapogos around, I think that makes it unlikely for this to be the result of some higher up demanding changes to the story.

Wow, it feels like forever since we got an actual arc, and it looks very interesting! It may be a little distracting from the main plot, but who doesn't want content from the games being adapted? Also, I'd definitely prefer this over another filler streak.

It will be great to see Liko, Roy and Dot forced to interact with each other and with other characters, that will help define their characters more. The focus on teracristalization also confirms it will be very-battle focused which will be nice to see. Like others I think the presence of gym leaders and Elite Four means some kind of tournament (rather than a badge quest), maybe with a Junior Division and a Master Division, or maybe they will pair the experimented ones with a student! So many possibilities! I think the teachers from the games could appear, as I doubt they would make Larry (being a salaryman is his whole deal) and specially Poppy teachers too.

Also this confirms seasons will debut every 6 months (in April and October) and that likely each one will come with its own opening. Why did they left such a great opening to the season with most fillers is a mystery.

Wow, it feels like forever since we got an actual arc, and it looks very interesting! It may be a little distracting from the main plot, but who doesn't want content from the games being adapted? Also, I'd definitely prefer this over another filler streak.

It will be great to see Liko, Roy and Dot forced to interact with each other and with other characters, that will help define their characters more. The focus on teracristalization also confirms it will be very-battle focused which will be nice to see. Like others I think the presence of gym leaders and Elite Four means some kind of tournament (rather than a badge quest), maybe with a Junior Division and a Master Division, or maybe they will pair the experimented ones with a student! So many possibilities! I think the teachers from the games could appear, as I doubt they would make Larry (being a salaryman is his whole deal) and specially Poppy teachers too.

Also this confirms seasons will debut every 6 months (in April and October) and that likely each one will come with its own opening. Why did they left such a great opening to the season with most fillers is a mystery.
Hey, if Poppy can be an Elite 4 member, she can be a teacher too, lol.

That poster looks promising and has made me the most excited I have been about Horizons to date. Scarlet & Violet have some of my favorite stories, locations, and characters in the franchise, so finally being able to give said aspects animated focus is wonderful. I just hope...we get better treatment than the Galar adapted story got. As for thoughts on the poster...
  • Roy and Dot look great in their uniforms! I actually think Roy looks really flattering; I love how his iconic dyed hair is still visible with the sun hat. It's weird that Liko isn't wearing the Naranja colors, but I suppose there's a reason? They could want her to still represent her anime adapted school (which I still think was a completely unnessary addition), but we'll see I suppose... I also hope this means the kids will be getting more focus. I always thought Horizons currently has too many main/supporting (?) characters and the kids have the strongest presence by far and are in need of more development (especially for Roy, if he still wants to fight Rayquayza...).
  • Sprigatito's going to evolve! I had wondered if it was going to be the new Pikachu for various reasons, but apparently not! There were several paths they could have gone, but committing to evolving Liko's partner nixes several of those... I guess I'm indifferent to it - I would have liked to see more of Sprigatito, but don't mind an evolution either; Floragato is one of the better received mid-stage Starter evolutions, as well. I just hope this means the Grass Cat will get more decisive battles in given its new strength. Speaking of which, why is Liko's partner evolving and not Roy's? When he has the more battle-oriented goal? Of course I know anything can happen, but man; my heart goes out to Roy fans.
  • So, all of the Elite Four are appearing along with Katie & Grusha. The former group makes sense as you can meet all of them before fighting them if I recall; I hope this means we get some neat time & battles with all of the Paldean Gym Leaders.
  • Everyone can Terastilize! It's my favorite "gimmick," so that's nice we're getting confirmation all three kids will be able to do it. Maybe they can even adapt the acquisition of the boon to be more meaningful, since it was stated in-game but then immediately contradicted by Nemona.
Dare I say, I feel like the series is going to experience a shift in tone or focus as Journeys did when they refocused about the Masters 8; I sincerely hope this means all the kids get to be more active with their battling, as that's my favorite aspect of the series (and has been since Day 1). If they pull this off right, I'll forgive them for the first 40 episodes or so.

Speaking of which, why is Liko's partner evolving and not Roy's? When he has the more battle-oriented goal? Of course I know anything can happen, but man; my heart goes out to Roy fans.
Probably as simple as it being the first starter to be owned. Plus while they are CO protags Liko is still the main one of the two so it makes sense she would get the first evolution imo.

Probably as simple as it being the first starter to be owned. Plus while they are CO protags Liko is still the main one of the two so it makes sense she would get the first evolution imo.
If that's the case, it makes me question why things were ever billed as dual protagonists. It still seems like an odd decision not to preview Crocalor (should it happen) and only Floragato; by that logic, Sprigatito would have been the only Starter to be promoted when Liko & Roy were before the series started, rather than all three together.

If that's the case, it makes me question why things were ever billed as dual protagonists. It still seems like an odd decision not to preview Crocalor (should it happen) and only Floragato; by that logic, Sprigatito would have been the only Starter to be promoted when Liko & Roy were before the series started, rather than all three together.
Based on some merch stuff it seems likely that Sprigatito is evolving before the terastal debut stuff. So Fuecoco is fuecoco simply because they haven't evolved as of the start of the... part/arc/whatever.

• Sprigatito's going to evolve! I had wondered if it was going to be the new Pikachu for various reasons, but apparently not! There were several paths they could have gone, but committing to evolving Liko's partner nixes several of those... I guess I'm indifferent to it - I would have liked to see more of Sprigatito, but don't mind an evolution either; Floragato is one of the better received mid-stage Starter evolutions, as well. I just hope this means the Grass Cat will get more decisive battles in given its new strength. Speaking of which, why is Liko's partner evolving and not Roy's? When he has the more battle-oriented goal? Of course I know anything can happen, but man; my heart goes out to Roy fans.
Liko has had Sprigatito for a few weeks more (as she studied her in a montage in the first episode) and the difference in battles isn't really that much. Also, evolving faster is not always a representative of the quality of a Pokemon's character arc, Chimchar evolved 30 episodes later than Turtwig but we know who turned out better.

Back
Top Bottom