• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Community Battle Videos

OU replay: Xann5610 vs. TechSupportDitto - Pokémon Showdown

Here's a really good battle I just had that shows how important switching and predicting your opponent can be. Figuring out what to sacrifice and what to preserve along with predicting what his Latios would do in certain spots was critical to me winning. One wrong move and I likely would have lost.

Last edited:
...I don't know why, but I find the end of this replay hilarious. @HeroicFox;

If you are confused and are wondering what happened there...
When my opponent's Reuniclus lost its Magic Guard, which was the only reason it wasn't being damaged by Toxic or Infestation, it was screwed because said Toxic had built up under the Magic Guard. This meant that, once it lost its status protection, the damage from the super-powered Toxic hit it all at once, which, along with Infestation damage, was enough to KO it. At least that's what I think happened. Either way, I find it amusing.

Last edited:
VGC 2016 replay: Nightfront vs. VGC testing alt - Pokémon Showdown
I decided, after theorymonning Cherrim + Primal Groudon in Gravity, to make a team based around Gravity Sableye. This was the result, a fairly good match if I say so.

And in case anyone doubts Primal Groudon's insane power with Flower Gift, take a look at this:
252+ Atk Flower Gift Primal Groudon Helping Hand Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Harsh Sunshine: 241-285 (137.7 - 162.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Just using no bulk mew as a benchmark)
252+ Atk Flower Gift Primal Groudon Helping Hand Precipice Blades vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Breloom in Harsh Sunshine: 144-171 (105.8 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Can obliterate resists too, and Gravity fixes both the Flying immunity and its accuracy problems.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom