• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create-an-Ability

Something on the practical side.
Say for a Audino, Chancy or some such:
Ability: Field Medicine
* Effect: Heals Pokemon in a players party
* * In-Battle: 10% chance of aiding a Pokemon in battle(including self) 5% healing Status Abnormality, 5% heal HP by 20% (qualities of Pick-Up)
* * Out of Battle: Recovers all of players Pokemon HP by 5 every 10 steps (Qualities pf Poison)

Toxic Body

All physical attacks made by the user have a 30% chance of poisoning the opponent. For Grimer, Muk, Trubbish, and Garbodor. Basically a reversed, poison version of Static. Instead of the user having to get hit, it has to attack.

Manic

All attacks have randomized targets. For hot-headed and hyperactive Pokemon like Primape, Basculin, etc.

Vengeful

Only in Double/Triple/Rotation Battles. If one of the opponent's Pokemon KOed one of your Pokemon, the Pokemon with this ability can only attack that Pokemon. However, its Attack and Special Attack are both boosted by 2 stages. For Pokemon that center around partners, like Plusle/Minun, or protective Pokemon, like Gardevoir.

Last Gift (Name change preferable)

Once this Pokemon is KOed in a Double/Triple/Rotation Battle, all of its partner's stats are boosted by once stage.

Re: ideas for 5th gen abilities

Exploder: "Exploding" moves will do double the damage and ignore immunities. Poison-type attacks will also hit Steel-type Pokémon. Would go good on a Fire/Poison bomb Pokémon.

How would this do any good if you don't use those moves?

Toxic Body

All physical attacks made by the user have a 30% chance of poisoning the opponent. For Grimer, Muk, Trubbish, and Garbodor. Basically a reversed, poison version of Static. Instead of the user having to get hit, it has to attack.

This ability already exists.

Dimension Bender

This Pokemon automatically creates a Wonder Room every time it is sent out.

How about some Eeveelution abilities?

Raging Fire (Flareon)
All fire-type attacks are 10% stronger and have a 45% chance of burning the opponent. Out of battle, more fire-types will be attracted to you.

Water Runner (Vaporeon)
This Pokemon's physical Water-type moves are given the same priority as Quick Attack. Out of battle, more Pokemon appear when Surfing.

Conductivity (Jolteon)
This Pokemon's electric moves never miss. Outside of battle, more electric-type Pokemon appear.

Moon Watcher (Umbreon)
All of this Pokemon's stats are increased by one stage at night. Outside of battle, this Pokemon attracts other Dark-types.

Psyshield (Espeon)
At the beginning of battle, Light Screen comes into effect for this Pokemon only. Outside of battle, this ability attracts Psychic-types.

Glacier (Glaceon)
At the beginning of battle, this Pokemon's Defense and Attack are increased by 6 stages. However, every turn they are decreased by one stage. Outside of battle, this ability attracts ice-types.

Leafy Camo
This Pokemon's evasion is doubled in forests and decreased slightly anywhere else. Outside of battle, less Pokemon appear in forests.

Indecisive (Eevee)
This Pokemon's type has a 25% chance of switching randomly between fire, water, electric, dark, psychic, ice, and grass every turn. This ability does nothing outside of battle.

How would stat advantage work?
At the beginning of battle, say a Porygon has this ability. The battle starts. Text shows up, saying: The enemy Pokemon's Defense stat is 83! Or something like that.

Re: ideas for 5th gen abilities

It's better than Serene Grace Sawsbuck.

There'd probably be more exploding moves.

But what advantage do exploding moves give you in battle? It merely keeps the balance of power the way it was.

Exploding moves almost always kill the opponent. What's the point of making it stronger then?

Tricker

This Pokemon switches items with it's item with the foe's item as soon as it's sent out.

Loud Mouth

Powers up noise based moves by 20%.

Resistor

When this Pokemon is hit by a move it changes type to resist the type of the move it was hit with.

Five Phases
Effect: Powers up Grass, Fire, Ground, Steel, and Water type moves by 1.5, gives resistance to those five types as well.

Constellation
Effect: Powers up Zodiac* Pokémon's stats by x1.2 each

*An ability I made up for a type of Pokemon I've always wanted.

Three abilities that tie together.

Sensitive
Effect: When Sunny Day happens, this Pokemon gains the Dry Leaves ability. When Rain Dance happens, it gains the Drenched Leaves ability.

Dry Leaves
Effect: Fire-type moves used against this Pokemon do double damage and always cause burns. However, once a fire-type move is used on this Pokemon its Speed goes up six stages (Because the leaves have been burnt off). Any move like Mega Drain or Ingrain, as well as it raining, changes the ability to Drenched Leaves.

Drenched Leaves
Effect: This Pokemon is immune to Fire-type moves and can never be burnt. However, electric-type moves are twice as powerful on this Pokemon, and its Speed is halved (Because wet things are heavier than dry things). If a move like Mega Drain or Leech Seed is used on this Pokemon, it changes the ability to Dry Leaves. If Sunny Day is used, the ability becomes Sensitive again.

---

For Pokemon like Bellsprout, Tangela, etc.

-Gray-: That's really creative and good. I think that'd be a great idea!

Guardless:This Pokemon take double damage from weather effects.

Also,did anyone see my other ability I made?

Special Reserve:When user's pokemon's hp drops to 1, the pokemon's stats will increase 3 times the original stats`were.
Taffy Skin:Makes moves like bite or crunch do only 1/4 of full damage. *Abilitie wears off when fire is used.*

*Just tell me what you think, I know, their kinda not much, in my opinoin.*

Last edited:
Distorted Space
Description: The User distorts the battle field
Effect: Effects of Trick Room, Magic Room, and Wonder Room take effect randomly. More than one effect can take place. Each effect has a 50% chance of activating each turn, giving a 12.5% chance of all three occurring at once, or none occurring at all. Like the move counterpart, if the ability activates the same room move twice, the effect is negated.

Power Surge
Description: Raises one stat and lowers the other of all Pokemon on the field.
Effect: Moody's effect, but every Pokemon is affected

Aura distortion
Effect: Randomly swaps the stats of all Pokemon on the field with each other

Power Leech

When a Pokemon with this ability K.Os another Pokemon it gains any stats boosts that the Pokemon they knocked out had.
(So say a Pokemon with this ability knocks out a Garchomp that used Sword Dance. The Pokemon would then gain the boost from Garchomp's Sword Dance)

Full Out Attacker
Both the Pokemon with this ability Pokemon and the foe's Pokemon is under the effects of Taunt when the Pokemon with this ability is sent out.

Mirror Skin
When a Pokemon with this ability is sent out it will change type to match the type of the Pokemon it is fighting.

Special Reserve:When user's pokemon's hp drops to 1, the pokemon's stats will increase 7 times the original stats`were.
Taffy Skin:Makes moves like bite or crunch do only 1/4 of full damage. *Abilitie wears off when fire is used.*

*Just tell me what you think, I know, their kinda not much, in my opinoin.*

The first one is impossible... a pokemon's stats can only be increased by six stages, lol.

Editted, my bad. Kinda forgot. I was zoned out for some reason when I was last online.

Neutralizer: Weakens both resistances and weaknesses.
Any 2x multipliers in the type chart are reduced to 1.5x, and any 0.5x multipliers are raised to 0.75x, when calculating damage for this Pokémon.

Target: Raises accuracy of moves directed toward this Pokémon.
Moves used against this Pokémon have an increased accuracy of 30%. Basically, it gives the other Pokémon CompoundEyes when fighting against yours.

Ghostbuster: Allows Normal-type moves to hit Ghost Pokémon.
When used, Normal-type moves are 2x as effective against Ghost-types, instead of 0x.

Last edited:
Neutralizer: Weakens both resistances and weaknesses.
Any 2x multipliers in the type chart are reduced to 1.5x, and any 0.5x multipliers are raised to 0.75x, when calculating damage for this Pokémon.

Does 4x become 2.25x?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom