• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Crystal Elite 4

Turtle Tamer Kammy

ლ(≖益≖ლ)
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a team to take down the Crystal E4. The last time I played Sliver was probably 3 or 4 years ago and even so, the teams are probably a bit different in Crystal, right? Has anyone here recently played Crystal? What did you use/recommend to beat the E4?

If memory serves, the E4 didn't change much at all. Perhaps a level tweak or moveset change, but nothing important.

As for suggestions, you want a sturdy Water-type with an Ice-type attack for the many Pokemon with an Ice weakness you'll face. Lapras fits this role well, but Feraligatr and Quagsire also work well enough. I'd recommend back up coverage with a powerful Psychic-type, namely Alakazam. With Psychic and the elemental punches, Alakazam can nearly fell each of the E4 by its lonesome. I'd recommend a Fighting-type, or at least a Pokemon with a formidable Attack score such as Granbull, Ursaring or Golem. The rest of the team could just be Pokemon that pack a punch. An Electric-type couldn't hurt, nor could a Flying-type. The sturdy Water-type, offensively minded Psychic-type and sturdy physical Pokemon should be enough to ensure you trounce those who stand in your way.

The thing that's brilliant is that I happened upon a used copy of Red at EB and yeah... it pretty much has every awesome generation Pokemon at a decent level XD

Splendid...Well,the E4 should be a breeze, then. A team at even lv.50 will raze the E4, so best of luck.

An Espeon with Bite and Psychic is a good bet. It can largely defeat Will and Bruno on its own.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom