• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dawning Draws

1687667062343.png
Art from tonight's stream. Nailing down the colours on this was an absolute nightmare, everything looked good until I got to filling in his skin so I changed all the colours like half a bajillion times. I could've just stuck with his canon palette like a normal person but I did not feel like it.
Figuring out the shading was also kinda annoying because I really liked how the screentones over thee shading looked in some places (jacket, hair) and really didn't in others (face). Eventually I realized I could just get rid of it where it was bad and keep it where it was good.

1687667899829.png
More from the stream: I finished the Piers drawing earlier than expected so I spent the last hour of my scheduled block sketching whatever Pokemon the viewers asked of me.

1687667099472.png
Lighting practice. Foreshortening on this is terrible but I almost don't hate the closer hand and also lighting was the point and I feel like I did good at what I wanted to do.

taylor sheet.jpg

nicholi sheet.jpg
Prepping refs because I actually intend to partake in artfight this year. Hunting down my previous pieces made me realize that I basically never draw Nicholi, which was in some ways helpful because I feel like it made me get a better handle on how I want the ref to look. Which is great, except it also kinda made me wanna go back in redo Taylor's. I'm not going to at current probably because I still wanna do Mira and probs some other characters but maybe if I get done with those in time.

mira sheet.jpg

ivy line up.jpg

crystal line up.jpg
Got a Mira reference similar to what I did for Nicholi plus refs for Ivy and Crystal that aren't quite as detailed but do get the general gist across.
stella.jpg
Also my first attack of this years fight, a character named Stella. I loved drawing this character, she has such a fun and simple design. Full credit to the owner of the character, smooshypie, for the design.

1688267788956.png
Main piece from tonight's stream. Wanted to use the Eggexecutor for composition in a way that didn't quite work (I think to really achieve the effect I was shooting for I probably should've used a second Eggexuctor instead of a cloud) but I still like how it turned out.

1688268016683.png
Like last week I finished a tad early and let chat make some requests. As you may be able to tell, they were particularly set on making me draw every Pikachu adjacent Pokemon they could think of, even the one that's not officially official. (Also I had to do a couple of these with my glasses off.)

Last edited:
1688879776246.png
Tonight's stream art. I went like an hour over time doing this so obviously no mini-arts segment today but. I'm not sure I like how the shading on Trevor's hair looks (in my defense his hair looks like a helmet) but otherwise I'm mostly pleased.

arabella.jpg
caspian.jpg
clover and diamond.jpg
kyoko.jpg
lucky.jpg
mari o'nettie.jpg
parvana.jpg
rough ayako.jpg
pearl.jpg
prissy.jpg
ruby.jpg
sparrow.jpg
talia.jpg
tash.jpg
team divine.jpg
the other stella.jpg
violet.jpg
zofia.jpg
Mother Arceus do I hate myself for dumping all this in one post. Here we go with credits:
Lucky and Zofia belong to @Orchid
Pearl and Sparrow belong to @Torchic W. Pip
Arabelle belongs to AkayriSakidoga
Caspian belongs to Ygogh
Lise and Winston belong to @bluering8
Kyoko and Ayako belong to EMIORO
Mari O'Nettie belongs to PianoRoses
Parvana belongs to ghostfiish
Prissystone Sissy belongs to itsgono
Ruby belongs to Jazzycakes
Talia belongs to WesternSkies
Tash belongs to mystic_marsh
Team Divine (Divine Blade, Divine Light, and Divine Pike) belong to MadamLava
Stella belongs to pumpkypiee
And Violet belongs to Roxy_drawzz

Last edited:
1689477555126.png
Stream art.

ambrosia.jpg
livilla.jpg
nova.jpg
rue.jpg
holly.jpg
ruby gloom.jpg
berry.jpg
Holly belongs to @sleepwick
Berry belongs to @UnovanZekrom
Ambrosia and Ruby Gloom belong to yebbn
Livilla belongs to hartesa
Nova belongs to AthenaNuu
Rue belong to laurazuya

cynthia.jpg
This week's art from stream. Intended to do something simple since I was worn out from performing. Ended up being a little more complicated than I was planning but still not too bad.

chiara.jpg
velvet spider.jpg
creampuff.jpg
eleanor.jpg
beezlebub.jpg
zelmira.jpg
caroline.jpg
nyxie.jpg
Chiara belongs to @sleepwick
Velvet Spider belongs to getgrayson
Cream Puff and Beelzebub belong to skinny_box
Eleanor belongs to Amouruex
Zelmira belongs to Sketchbookauthor
Caroline belongs to rabbitlegs
Nyxie belongs to itsgono

1690689087453.png
1690689112953.png
Stream stuff. I finished the first piece stupid early so the second half of the stream I let chat make a bajillion requests. (I think it's actually like fifteen or sixteen about.)

cass shingen.jpg
shin and lulu.jpg
wildcard.jpg
phantom thieves.jpg
Kanna + Sophie.jpg
cressida umeko monte.jpg
rin.jpg
rhitta.jpg
ruby demon.jpg
charolette.jpg
cures.jpg
saryna.jpg
yumi and yusaki.jpg
serena + oktavia.jpg
Cass Shingen and Monte belong to makio
Shin belongs to cinnamonspirits
Lulu belongs to Sa-v
Carina belongs to Yupphire
Candace belongs to Always-Tea-Time
Courtney belongs to vampaurae
White Rabbit belongs to Adamonstro
Wildcard belongs to sulkingsunflowers
Sophie and Kanna belong to pitohui
Cressida belongs to skinny_box
Umeko belongs to @Torchic W. Pip
Rin Matsumi belongs to Aseuki
Rhitta belongs to goosegooseduck
Ruby belongs to Ribbon-Rabbit
Charlotte belongs to sevenreii
Cure Cheer belongs to prettypigeon
Cure Lucky belongs to limlamlemin
Cure Envoy belongs to blueberrybea
Saryna belongs to Frexy
Yumi belongs to eat
Yusaki belongs to MaiDuck
Serena belongs to laurazuya
Oktavia belongs to Komao

Sure didn’t expect to see Cure Cheer here, haha. You’ve got friends in many places, Dawning!
Haha, not exactly. Been artfighting and was just in the mood to draw something mahou so I tag searched; I don't know the owners of most of the characters I've been drawing well/at all.

Glad you enjoy the other pieces as well! Doing the doodle-y pieces at the end of my bulbagarden streams (Saturdays at 7 CDT if you're interested in popping by sometime!) is always fun and relaxing, nice to be able to just do a quick sketch without having to care if it ends up good.

1691293365846.png
Tonight was a bit of a "fuck around and find out" type stream lol. Didn't really have any gen 2 chars in mind ahead of time so I just did somewhat quicker ones of a few of them. I only hate one of these so that's a good sign.

regailia.jpg
alice.jpg
Last artfights for the year!
Regaila belongs to ZelloxErif
Alice belongs to AnnaLerahk

aquaheart wedding designs.jpg

1691293916624.png
Was in the mood to draw something sapphic and I like Aquaheartshipping and designing fun outfits so aquaheart wedding. Felt like they both ended up looking better in the first image where I was figuring out outfit designs but. I don't totally hate the second piece.

Content warning: ...something...?? Religious imagery, strangling, dismemberment but the character is a doll so no blood or gore.
suigintou.jpg
Been watching Rozen Maiden, immediately latched onto Suigintou as my favorite character. Kinda hate this piece, not sure why exactly though. Maybe just cause drawing this type of thing isn't usually my forte. Blanc if you're reading this give me all of your secrets.

Sorry it's been a little while.

1693109038506.png
The stream art. Haven't been streaming the past couple weeks which is relatedly also why I haven't posted so if I had to guess this is the only Pokemon you're getting today.

1693109140699.png
1693109259576.png
1693109243417.png
1693109220202.png
1693109297976.png
1693109325712.png
Yu-Gi-Oh! rarepair week because I am me. Got a couple prompts I wanna go back and catch up on even if they end up being technically late for the submissions so expect a bit more next week and possible the first one in colour also.

1693109485217.png
Perrin!! Gonna be fully honest I don't really like this piece, the pose is all stiff and the face is wrong etc but I had to draw her.

1693109632669.png
Was bored and wanted to design something. Put her up on toyhouse as a character I'm accepting trade offers for.

1693109745376.png
Someday, I will draw a Suigintou that I am happy with. The day I drew this was not that day.

1693109835803.png
1693109900786.png
Mira and Taylor cause I realized when artfight was going on that I didn't have any good thumbnail images for them. Still gotta do Nicholi.

1693109987736.png
Backalley tele piece from the Sleepless Domain discord! The piece I got gave me freedom to do a lot of abstraction and boy did I abstract.

...I feel like there's should be more but I'm not finding it.

1693710354913.png
Started this on stream because I was feeling nostalgic for Pokepark 2. Normally I'd try and continue until the piece was finished but this is like. Only half done at best so no.

1693710428556.png
1693710454852.png

1693710469026.png
Had a couple of thoughts for PMMM OCs I wanted to work on visuals for. Haven't decided if I'm happy with these outfits or not.

1693710593917.png
More with one of the PMMM OCs.

1693710627670.png
For the recent telephone on the SD discord. This may or may not have involved some conscious attempting to send my branch off the rails.

That's it for this week I didn't end up drawing much unfortunately.

Last edited:
Lots of very good stuff here, Dawning! There’s some really great shading on the unfinished piece and on the first Madoka OC’s clothes especially. The last one, meanwhile, reminds me a lot of a certain infamous sequence from Rayman 2: The Great Escape, for those who know about that game.

1694315132207.png
This nonsense is complete! The only Pokemon in this image I'm not realy happy with is Pikachu after all's been finished and I will take 11/12 good Pokemon.

1694315238316.png
Something relatively quick and silly, Taylor dressed up as Miku, vaguely inspired by the project voltage thing reminding me that Miku exists and has a cool and versatile design.

That's it for now as the other two things I finished this week I can't post for a little while unfortunately.

Wow, you're getting visibly better at anatomy! I liked the attempt at foreshortening also. Your colour schemes are nice and easy on the eyes. ^^ I like the backlighting on the Ambrosia piece, you have talent!

And awwww, Suigintou and Megu. ;_;

Forgot to post last week, oops.

1695524635518.png
Last weeks stream stuff

1695524669089.png

1695524704488.png
This weeks stream stuff

1695524799751.png
Entry from ZD's recent drawing competition! Had fun doing this and also crashed photoshop a bit cause this thing is like six or seven hundred layers.

1695524880745.png
Felt like making designs for some aged up Zexal characters, ended up starting with the barely relevant classmates-- I think this is probably like ten-ish years post canon?

1695524954840.png
Crystal portrait. I drew a really shit thing earlier today that I can't post quite yet so I drew this to make myself remember that I can art. I feel like it mostly worked.

1695525023105.png
Another thing with one of the PMMM OCs, really not happy with this pose though I'm not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom