• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 1: Welcome to Tutoriopolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
@returnofMCH @Elementar @MegaPod12 @Lone_Garurumon

Have any questions, or want to play yourself? Click here!: Rules, Guide, and Sign-Ups

---------

Level 1

Ah, the big city. Diners, lights, shops, NPCs bustling around the streets. There's so much worth doing, but unfortunately you don't have time for that right now. Some local thugs heard you came to bust them up, and they're not happy about that. The first of your enemies jumps out from an alleyway.

Tutorial Goon #1
A67i8Y7.png

HP: 15

Just one enemy? What is this, easy mode? Why don't you show them you're not playing around.

Attack by typing Attack Tutorial Goon #1 with [insert weapon here]

Last edited:
  • Staff
I suddenly leap out of the same alleyway and Attack Tutorial Goon #1 with my Basic Dagger! Bet he didn't even know what hit him.
Sneaky, way to attack in character.

Roll: 16
It's a hit!
Damage: 2
I Attack Tutorial Goon #1 with my Basic Sword.
You whack the goon a good one with your sword

Roll: 19 - 1 = 18 (soooo close to a crit with your initial attack roll)
You hit 'em!
Damage: 4+1 = 5
I attack Tutorial Goon #1 with my basic mace
The goon gets bopped in the head with your big heavy stick

Roll: 10 - 2 = 8
Ding dong it's a hit!
Damage: 3
I shoot Tutorial Goon #1 with my Basic Arrows (I'm going to assume I have a bow to do that with, and I don't need to run up and stab him with the arrow)
Naturally, all archers have a beloved bow that they snuggle up with every night as they fall asleep. Ammunition sold separately.

Roll: 16 - 1 = 15
Goon #1 took an arrow to the knee! (let's see how many times I can get away with using that one)

Tutorial Goon #1: 4/15

The poor, pixelated chap was not at all prepared for such skilled warriors. But a good goon never backs down from a fight.

Attack Lone_Garurumon with Goon Fist!

And they landed a hit!
Damage: 1

It is now the player's turn once again

Current HP:
Tutorial Goon #1: 4/15
MegaPod12: 5/5
Elementar: 5/5
returnofMCH: 5/5
LoneGarurumon: 4/5

I shoot another Basic Arrow, squarely at Tutorial Goon #1's chest
Right in the "T"!

Roll: 8 -1 = 7
Hit!
After regrouping with my allies, I give Tutorial Goon #1 another taste of my Basic Dagger.
He sees you coming from a mile away..... BUUUUT

Roll: 20
It's a Critical Hit!!!!
Damage: 2 x 2 = 4
Just in case, I leap in the air and pierce Tutorial Goon #1 with my Basic Sword.
The Goon is already in pretty bad shape, so is rather disgruntled about being attacked yet again

Roll: 7 - 1 = 6
Hit!
Damage: 4 + 1 = 5
I swing my basic mace at him, while flipping the bird at him with my other hand
Goon #1 is both injured and insulted!

Roll: 19 - 2 = 17
Hiiiiiit!

Tutorial Goon #1: 0/15

Congratulations! You have defeated your first enemy! However, there are more to come, as Goon #1 was able to radio for backup just before fading away into non-existence. Two more goons appear from across the street!

ROUND 2
Tutorial Goon #2 (x2)
JU4n9yE.png
JU4n9yE.png

Tutorial Goon #2 #1
HP 12
Atk +1

Tutorial Goon #2 #2
HP 12
Atk +1

Watch out, these guys look like they pack a bit more of a punch! But they should still be pushovers for you guys.

"So you're Goon #2 #1," I say quizzically, shaving my face with my bloodied Basic Dagger, "and you're #2 #2? Huh. I would've went with just #2 and #3. Ah well." The second I finish my sentence, I quickly lash out at Tutorial Goon #poop #2 with my Basic Dagger.
Both goons stare into space like this:
14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Roll: 11
Hit Goon #2 #2!
Seeing MegaPod's attack, I follow up with an attack on Tutorial Goon #2 #2 with my mighty Basic Sword.
Already caught off guard by the rogue's attack, you strike Goon #2 #2 with another surprise attack!

Roll: 7-1 = 6
Hit!
Damage: 4+1 = 5
Coordinating with my allies, I fire a Basic Arrow at Tutorial Goon #2 #2
*thwing*

Roll: 8-1+1 = 8 (I think I forgot to add the +1 last time)
Hit!
I decide to hit tutorial goon 2 #1 instead
Please remember to bold your actions and at least state what weapon you're attacking with (this will become more important once you get more weapons)

Roll: 11-2 = 9
It's a hit!

Tutorial Goon #2 #1: 9/12
Tutorial Goon #2 #1: 2/12

Both have sustained heavy some damage, but the second of the #2 duo is looking far worse for wear.

#2 #2 attacks MegaPod with Goon Fist!
Despite MegaPod's roguish nimbleness, it was a hit!

#2 #1 also attacks MegaPod with Goon Fist! I guess that's what you get for trying to confuse them
And it also hit!

Current HP:
Tutorial Goon #2 #1: 9/12
Tutorial Goon #2 #2: 2/12
MegaPod12: 1/5
Elementar: 5/5
returnofMCH: 5/5
LoneGarurumon: 5/5

I fall from the nearby rooftop and Bite Goon #2 #1 in the face.
'cause I was there the entire time, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom