• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 1: Welcome to Tutoriopolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
After retrieving my Throwing Knife, I throw it straight at Tutorial Boss' nasty mouth.
Roll: 9 - 2 = 7
Hit!
Damage: 3 - 1 = 2
I use my Broadsword to hit Tutorial Boss.
Roll: 11 - 2 - 2 = 7
It's a hit!
Damage: 5 - 1 = 4
"My goodness!" I exclaim in response to Tutorial Boss' Smack Talk ability, "You kiss your mother with that mouth!?" I then fire another Weighted Arrow at Tutorial Boss
Roll: 17 - 2 - 2 = 13
Right in this nasty mouth
Damage: 4 - 1 = 3
I swing my heavy mace once more at the tutorial boss
Roll: 16 - 4 - 2 = 10
Hit!
Damage: 4

Tutorial Boss: 25/50

Congratulations, you already have the Boss down to half his health. But now you've eliminated his best goons, injured him, and questioned his dental hygiene, and he's fairly cross about all of that.

Tutorial Boss attacks returnofMCH with Boss Fist
It's a hit!
Damage: 3 + 1 - 1 = 3

Current HP:
Tutorial Boss: 25/50
Elementar: 5/5
returnofMCH: 2/5
Long Garurumon: 5/5
MegaPod12: 5/5

I use my Broadsword again to slice at Tutorial Boss.
(because Elementar is going to be a way for a couple days @MatrixChap will be taking over for him temporarily)

Roll: 12 - 2 - 2 = 8
Hit!
Damage: 5 - 1 = 4
I attack Tutorial Boss with the Throwing Knife once more.
Roll: 17 - 2 - 2 = 13
Hit!
I once again Fire one of my Weighted Arrows at Tutorial Boss

Unfortunately even if ROMCH guarded he'd still likely die if he got hit again. For that purpose I advise simply swinging and hoping for the best.
Roll: 2 - 2 - 2 = -2
Major missage ^( :/ )^
I swing my heavy mace at the boss
Roll: 6 - 4 - 2 = 0
Also a miss, sorry

Tutorial Bos: 19/50

The Boss is feeling smug after that round, and turns his attention from roMCH to attack Elementar with Boss Fist
And it's a hit!
Damage: 3 + 1 = 4

Current HP:
Tutorial Boss: 19/50
Elementar: 1/5
MegaPod12: 5/5

Ok, thanks~

----------------------

Swearing under my breath, I fire another Weighted Arrow at Tutorial Boss
Roll: 17 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 13 (I think I've been forgetting to include your acc modifier but I don't think it's made a difference at this point)
Hit!
I expertly toss my Throwing Knife straight at Tutorial Boss.
Roll: 20
Crit!
Damage: 3 x 2 - 1 = 5
I violently swing my Broadsword at Tutorial Boss.
Roll: 5 - 2 - 2 = 1
Unfortunately that's a miss
I whack the boss with my heavy mace.
Roll: 14 - 4 - 2 = 8
Hit!
Damage: 3 + 1 = 4

Tutorial Boss: 7/50

The Boss is looking a little shaken, but is still holding his cool. He attacks MegaPod with Boss Fist
And it hit
Damage: 3

Current HP:
Tutorial Boss: 7/50
Elementar: 1/5
MegaPod12: 1/5

I use my Broadsword to attack Tutorial Boss in the hope that I can help finish it.
Roll: 16 - 2 - 2 = 12
Hit!
Damage: 4 + 1 - 1 = 4
I fire a Weighted Arrow at Tutorial Boss to help finish him off.
Roll: 17 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 14
Hit!
Down but not out, I leap back up on my feet and tell our opponent, "It was knife knowing you." I then attack Tutorial Boss with the Throwing Knife.
Roll: 10 - 2 - 2 = 6
Hit!
hopefully for the last time I swing my heavy mace at the tutorial boss.
Roll: 5 - 4 - 2 = -1
It's a miss, but fortunately...

Tutorial Boss: 0/50

The Boss stumbles to the ground and mutters as many generic insults and taunts as he can before exploding into a cloud of pixels.

Congratulations, players. You have defeated the Level Boss, and therefore cleared Level 1! A 16-bit portal opens up in front of the Boss's desk.

CONTINUE?

You now have the option to continue or quit playing. If you quit you will be replaced by the next player in line. Once everyone has confirmed one or the other here, I will contact the current players in the sign-ups thread and allow you to select new classes if you desire.

------------

You are now all considered level 2. Once you have confirmed your characters, you each will receive 5 more total HP and 1 stat point of your choice. Additionally, the following are all the changes to your stats, abilities, and weapons lists gained with this new level:

Fighter
Stats
  • Atk +2
Abilities
  • Counter: If targeted by an enemy’s direct attack, that enemy take 5 damage (ignoring defense) after the attack or resolves. This damage is dealt even if the attacker misses.
Weapons
  • Basic Spear
    • Damage: 4
    • Accuracy: -1
    • Direct OR Indirect
    • Classes: Fighter, Tank

Tank
Stats
  • Def +2
Abilities
  • Raise Shield: +1 Def --> +2 Def
Weapons
  • Basic Spear
    • Damage: 4
    • Accuracy: -1
    • Direct OR Indirect
    • Classes: Fighter, Tank

Archer
Stats
  • Aim +2
Abiliites
  • Hyper Focus: This turn, take -2 to Ddg. Next turn, receive +2 Crit and +2 Aim.
Weapons
  • Barbed Arrows
    • Damage: 3
    • Accuracy: -2
    • Indirect
    • Properties: successful critical hit deals x3 damage and inflicts -1 Ddg on target for the rest of the fight. This effect can stack with itself.
    • Classes: Archer

Rogue
Stats:
  • Crit +2
Abiliites
  • Hide: Hide from enemy sight, enemies have 50% chance of failing with attacks and abilities that target user while hidden. Cancelled when the user attacks, is spotted by an enemy, or is targeted by an ally. Attacking while hidden grants +1 Crit to that attack
Weapons
  • Poison Dagger
    • Damage: 2
    • Accuracy: +0
    • Direct
    • Properties: successful crit leaves enemy poisoned, causing them to take 2 damage after each of their turns for the remainder of the fight. This effect does not stack with itself.
    • Classes: Rogue

NEW CLASS: Blue Mage
Experts in healing and empowering magics, Blue Mages are the ultimate direct support class. Although their damage output is minimal, having a Blue Mage is never a bad idea to have around to help your team sustain in a long fight.

Abilities
  • Self Healing: Restore 1 HP at the end of every turn.
  • Spell of Healing: Restores 3 HP to the target
  • Spell of Agility: +4 ally's Ddg this turn
Weapons
  • Magic Fist
    • Damage: 1 x level
    • Accuracy: -2
    • Direct

Mechanics Update:
  • Weapons used by Mage classes do not apply an Atk modifier to damage.
  • Weapons used by Mage classes ignore all non-magic Def modifiers.
  • Weapons used by Mage classes cannot be given to other players as most weapons can. Despite their name they are treated more as offensive abilities than actual weapons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom