• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 3: Prepare for Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
... for some reason I thought we were still waiting on someone. So sorry about the wait and thank you for your timeliness everyone. I'll try to update shortly.

Let's finish off Machop with some Weighted Arrows.
Roll: 11
Contact!
Damage: 3
Dammit jack...

After shooting a drunken glare in jack's direction for hesitating in the middle of a battle, Yours Truly yet again starts chanting in the nondescript language of magi, before attempting to mend Elementar's wounds with a Spell of Healing.
You rolled succesffully, restoring +4 HP to Elementar and breaking your own Confusion!
Thankyou :)

I'll continue to attack Machop with my Greatsword.
You are unable to attack this because you were put to sleep by Drowzee's Hypnosis. But I guess it was worth a shot :p

I'll raise my shield and protect elementar.
Elementar receives +2 Def this turn!

Machop:8/40
Elementar: 9/15

Machop attacks Kazekage with Karate Chop!
And it hits!
Damage: 6

Drowzee aims another Hypnosis at Elementar!
... but this time it misses!

Yours Truly restores 1 HP!

Current HP
Machop: 8/40
Drowzee: 30/40
jackatlasred: 12/15
Kazekage: 9/15
Yours Truly: 10/15

Took you long enough, Enzap. :p

Anyway... Yours Truly starts chanting yet again, and, after glancing between Elementar and Kazekage, both of whom are equally wounded, decides that someone with a giant sword can do more damage then someone with a bow and casts a Spell of Heealing on Kazekage.

BTW I think a hit from jack's Heavy Mace and Kaze's Broardsword will finish this 'chop off if I've done my math right, but if you want to, Ele, you can target the thing to try and ensure its death in the event one of them miss (or do something else, up to you/them).

Last edited:
Anyway... Yours Truly starts chanting yet again, and, after glancing between Elementar and Kazekage, both of whom are equally wounded, decides that someone with a giant sword can do more damage then someone with a bow and casts a Spell of Heealing on Kazekage.

BTW I think a hit from jack's Heavy Mace and Kaze's Broardsword will finish this 'chop off if I've done my math right, but if you want to, Ele, you can target the thing to try and ensure its death in the event one of them miss (or do something else, up to you/them).
You restore +4 HP to Kazekage!

Hey don't underestimate archers :p
I will hit the machop with my heavy mace
Roll: 15
Your Heavy Mace collides with Machop's buff bod
Damage: 5

I should note that I made an error in the guide thread, your Heavy Mace actually has -4 accuracy
I shoot some Burning Arrows at Machop.
Roll: 13
Your arrow connects and Burns Machop.
Damage: 3

... and it appears I also left out Burning Arrows from the OP. Gosh darnit I thought I had everything fixed on that. Also just so you're aware if you want to use your Rapid Fire ability you do have to specify that you're doing so by listing the number of arrows you're firing. Sorry if you've been meaning to use it but I didn't pick up on it.
Yeah, I have the Broad/Greatsword. I'm going to try and use the Greatsword to hit Machop.
Roll: 4
You stumble a bit but still hit 'em
Damage: 7

Kazekage: 13/15
Machop: 0/40

Machop has been defeated, but Drowzee still stands! The Team Rocket Grunt looks surprised for a moment but then scowls and curses under his breath. "Man if I lose to these kids the Boss is going to kill me. Drowzee use Confusion!"

Drowzee sends a psychic blasts at Elementar
And it hits!
Damage: 4

The fallen Machop is damaged further by a final burst of flames from Kazekage's arrow!
Damage: 2

Current HP
Machop: 0/40 DEAD
Drowzee: 30/40
Elementar: 5/15
Yours Truly: 11/15

ps you guys are great i suck at updating

I'll use my Greatsword to attack Drowzee.

Also, I'm away for about 2.5 days from now, so I won't be able to post in that time.

Also, I'm away for about 2.5 days from now, so I won't be able to post in that time.
Thanks for letting me know. Since this round is close to over I think we'll be fine to just skip your turn, but if for some reason I'm late updating again I'll just wait for you.

Yours Truly, seeing the... tapir... thing fire a bolt of Psychic energy at Elementar to avenge its fallen comrade, starts chanting and casts a Spell of Healing on Elementar to undo the damage it did.

Also, it looks like I can just heal whatever damage this thing might do, so the rest of you may as well just go all-out until I get Confused because I Jynxed it.

Fyi I had a long, tiring day so to make sure my post is actually coherent and entertaining (in a meaningful way) I'm going to wait for tomorrow to update, so you got some more time to make your move Elementar.

Oh didn't even realize we were still waiting on Jack. XD Glad I held off.

I thought I posted at the beginning of the day. My draft was just saved when I came in

Let's try out Rapid Fire with two Burning Arrows directed at Drowzee.
Roll: 15
Your first shot was a hit!
Damage: 2

Roll: 20
AND YOUR SECOND WAS A CRITICAL HIT!

Each arrow left Drowzee burned!
Roll: 1
Unfrotunately that was a miss :(
Yours Truly, seeing the... tapir... thing fire a bolt of Psychic energy at Elementar to avenge its fallen comrade, starts chanting and casts a Spell of Healing on Elementar to undo the damage it did.
You restore +4 of Elementar's HP
I swing my heavy mace in order to hit the drowzee
Roll: 1
Another miss, that's unfortunate :/

Drowzee: 24

The Team Rocket Grunt snarls and stamps his foot. "Confusion!"

Drowzee obeys and uses its Confusion attack on Elementar again!
And it hits!

Drowzee takes damage from burn!

Current HP
Machop: 0/40 DEAD
Drowzee: 20/40
Elementar: 5/15
Yours Truly: 12/15