• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 3: Prepare for Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yours Truly, casting an anamused glance at the Drowzee, casts another Spell of Healing on Elementar. Yours Truly then uses Taunt on the Team Rocket Grunt.

Yours Truly would offer some words of encuragement here, but Yours Truly can't really think of anything to say. Go ham, you lot. Or something.

And it looks like @jackatlasred's turn will be skipped this time.
Yours Truly, casting an anamused glance at the Drowzee, casts another Spell of Healing on Elementar. Yours Truly then uses Taunt on the Team Rocket Grunt.

Yours Truly would offer some words of encuragement here, but Yours Truly can't really think of anything to say. Go ham, you lot. Or something.
Elementar is restored +4 HP yet again!
I'll hope that my Greatsword hits Drowzee now.
Roll: 9
And hit you do!
Damage: 8
I'll fire some Basic Arrows at Drowzee.
Roll: 19
With Aim, it wasn't naturally in your crit range
Damage: 2

Elementar: 9/15
Drowzee: 10/20

The Team Rocket Grunt orders Drowzee to use Confusion once again, this time at Kazekage!
And it hits!
Damage: 4

Yours Truly restores +1 HP!

Current HP
Machop: 0/40 DEAD
Drowzee: 10/40
Elementar: 9/15
jackatlasred: 12/15
Kazekage: 9/15
Yours Truly: 13/15

Seeing that the Grunt's final Pokémon is on its last legs and that the party can almost certainly survive one more hit from it, Yours Truly chants in the nondescript language of magi and summons a pair of Magic Fists, raises them above the Drowzee's head and brings them crashing down.

Turning to the Grunt, Yours Truly gives him some friendly advice: you know, you should've just kept targeting Elementar - that way I would've been forced to keep healing him.

And that's when he knew - he f***ed up.

I'll use my basic spear on Drowzee only about a week left of school and I'll be good.

Updating soon, been busy lately and i'm pretty tired so this update might take me some time to write out (especially since you'll be progressing to the next round). Sorry for the delay.

I'll use my Broadsword for accuracy on Drowzee this time.
Roll: 4
Your form was a bit sloppy, but you managed a solid hit regardless!
Damage: 6
Oh man. Basic Arrows on Drowzee again.
Roll: 18
Your arrows score a direct hit!
Seeing that the Grunt's final Pokémon is on its last legs and that the party can almost certainly survive one more hit from it, Yours Truly chants in the nondescript language of magi and summons a pair of Magic Fists, raises them above the Drowzee's head and brings them crashing down.

Turning to the Grunt, Yours Truly gives him some friendly advice: you know, you should've just kept targeting Elementar - that way I would've been forced to keep healing him.

And that's when he knew - he f***ed up.
he can't help that his decisions are decided by a dice roll

Roll: 20
AND YOU LAND A CRITICAL HIT!
Damage: 5
I'll use my basic spear on Drowzee only about a week left of school and I'll be good.
Roll: 13
And that is also a hit!
Damage: 3

Drowzee: 0/40

Drowzee collapses from the damage and returns to its Pokéball. Face beet-red, the the Team Rocket Grunt unleashes a string of curses. "W-well you brats may have beaten me, but just you wait, you're NOTHING compared to my Boss! In fact I was just a decoy this whole time, while I've been biding time the Boss has been taking the stuff he needs for his master plan from Silph Co, and now there's nothing you can do about it!" The grunt starts laughing, but is cut short by the police officer from before walking up behind him and slamming his hands into cuffs.

"Yeah we'll see about that tough guy. Hey kids, be useful and head South to Saffron City. The tallest building is the Silph Corporation, see if you can put a stop to this boss character and his so called 'master plan' while I go throw this guy into jail. Which is very far away. Nobody but police officers have ever seen it." And with that she drags the grunt away. Despite the standoffish officer's curtness, you decide it would probably be best to carry out her request, so you head to Saffron City.

When you arrive, you quickly find the Silph Co. building, which is surrounded by more grunts. Fortunately they don't appear to be trying to stop you, so you walk right in. You race through a surprisingly complicated maze of cubicles, dead-ends, and stairs until you find a door that you can't enter without a special card. Thoroughly frustrated, you double back to find this card but in the hallway run into two more Rocket goons, but these two have all white outfits rather than the typical black.

"Hold it right there, brats!" the female demands.

"Our boss is in a meeting, you'd better not disturb him," the male Rocket agrees, preparing a Pokéball for battle.

"Let's show these twerps what happens to kids who think they can mess with Team Rocket!" a voice comes from behind them. A small cat-like Pokémon jumps out in front, and the two humans release their Pokémon.

Round 2
Team Rocket Trio
Spr_Y_Jessie_James.png

Spr_1y_024.png
Spr_1y_110.png
Spr_1y_052.png

Arbok
HP: 40
Atk: +1
Ddg: +2

Weezing
HP: 40
Def: +2
Ddg: +1

Meowth
HP: 30
Atk: +1
Aim: +1
Ddg: +4

I think we should probably go for Meowth first. It'll be the quickest to get rid of, and it has a boost in attack so it'll do the most damage.

I'll attack Meowth with my Greatsword.

Preparing for trouble, Yours Truly starts chanting in the nondescript language of magi, before casting a Spell of Guidance on Elementar to counter-act the Meowth's natural evasiveness.

Also, that Arbok will probably do more damage then the Meowth, so if jack wouldn't mind drawing its attention with a Battle Cry or something...?

Preparing for trouble, Yours Truly starts chanting in the nondescript language of magi, before casting a Spell of Guidance on Elementar to counter-act the Meowth's natural evasiveness.

Also, that Arbok will probably do more damage then the Meowth, so if jack wouldn't mind drawing its attention with a Battle Cry or something...?
Elementar gains +4 Aim this turn!

I'll attack Meowth with my Greatsword.
Roll: 8
Despite Meowth's impressive spryness, you still hit with Yours Truly's help!
Damage: 9

I'll go with a Rapid Fire of 3 Burning Arrows directed at Arbok.
Sorry if this wasn't clear, but you can only use two at a time (for now :p) so I'll treat this as the maximum number for now.

Roll: 20
CRITICAL HIT

Arbok became burned!

Roll #2: 13
A second hit!

Arbok is now double burned

I'll do my battle cry on Arbok
If Arbok attacks this turn it now must attack jackatlasred!

Meowth: 21/30
Arbok: 34/40

Meowth snickers and the two humans laugh loudly. "These kids think they can challenge our boss?" the woman scoffs.

"Please," the man says, "he's the most powerful trainer in the whole region, not to mention the most handsome."

"These twerps have no hope of ever being as attractive as him, or as me for that matter," the woman continues.

"Hey get with the program you two!" Meowth turns and shouts, "This ain't a beauty pageant its a battle! Let's go boys, show them they got no chance at getting to the boss! Take this, Pay Day!"

Meowth throws a handful of sparkling gold coins at Yours Truly.
... but it misses!
The coins scatter around on the ground.

The female Rocket orders Arbok to use Coil!
Arbok's Def, Aim, and Crit will be increased +2 next turn

The male Rocket calls for Weezing to use Smokescreen!
Weezing releases a cloud of smoke at Elementar, lowering his Aim by -4 next turn

Arbok takes damage from burn!

Current HP
Arbok: 30/40
Weezing: 40/40
Elementar: 15/15
Kazekage: 15/15
jackatlasred: 15/15
Yours Truly: 15/15

I shall sharpen my blade because I probably won't be able to hit. Also, do you want me to focus on Meowth or Arbok?

Meowth seems annoying to deal with so meowth for now
I'll hit meowth with my basic spear

Well, it looks like we're going for Meowth then.

Yours Truly, realising that any damage on such a slippery target is good damage, brings forth a pair of Magic Fists and gives Meowth the ol' one-two.

Also, should Arbok use Coil in future, I say that jack use Battle Cry on it and I use a Spell of Agility on him to try and minimize the damage it deals. Assuming he has the health to survive a hit from the thing, that is.

I'll try another Rapid Fire on Weezing, this time with Barbed Arrows. We need some damage on it.

I shall sharpen my blade because I probably won't be able to hit. Also, do you want me to focus on Meowth or Arbok?
You gain +3 Atk and you will ignore +1 Def for your next attack!

Meowth seems annoying to deal with so meowth for now
I'll hit meowth with my basic spear
Roll: -1
You thrust your spear but trip on the money lying on the ground, completely missing

Well, it looks like we're going for Meowth then.

Yours Truly, realising that any damage on such a slippery target is good damage, brings forth a pair of Magic Fists and gives Meowth the ol' one-two.

Also, should Arbok use Coil in future, I say that jack use Battle Cry on it and I use a Spell of Agility on him to try and minimize the damage it deals. Assuming he has the health to survive a hit from the thing, that is.
Roll: 0
Meowth nimbly avoids your magic firsts as well!

I'll try another Rapid Fire on Weezing, this time with Barbed Arrows. We need some damage on it.
Roll: 5
Lucky for you that was a hit!
Damage: 1

Roll: 5
And another one!

Weezing: 38/40

"Hahaha, look at them flailing around like a Magikarp, Jessie!" the male grunt laughs.

"Yes they are pretty pathetic, but your Weezing took a hit, James," Jessie responds. "I guess looks really are what matters in a battle." She twirls her hair a bit.

"I said knock it off!" Meowth screams, taking a moment to give both of his human teammates a scratch in the face. "Geez do I have to do everything around here? I'll help you help me with Helping Hand!"

Meowth performs a little dance and releases a light that engulfs the coiled Arbok, raising its Crit by +4 this turn!

Jessie commands Arbok to unleash its Poison Fang at Elementar!
And it was a critical hit!
Damage: 7
Elementar became poisoned!

James orders Weezing to use Smokescreen on Kazekage, lowering his Aim by -4 for next turn!

Elementar takes damage from poison!

Current HP
Arbok: 30/40
Weezing: 38/40
Elementar: 7/15
Kazekage: 15/15
jackatlasred: 15/15
Yours Truly: 15/15

Last edited:
Status