• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Delta Emerald Trademarked

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
From Serebii:

Pokémon - Trademarks
A new trademark has been discovered as being registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. This trademark is for デルタエメラルド Delta Emerald. In addition to this, in the US, at the same time as the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire domains were registered, one was registered for Pokémon Delta Emerald. This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years. We'll bring more as it comes

I remember seeing some speculation/discussion about what Rayquaza would have (like Omega and Alpha for Groudon and Kyogre respectively). Guess we know now.

This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years.

I guess they're just covering all their bases and that they won't actually make the game. They'll most likely incorporate elements of Emerald into the games.

I know it won't likely be a game, but I find it interesting that out of all the Greek letters, they chose Delta. Capital Delta is a symbol used for "change in", has been previously used in the TCG, and ORAS has been stated to be a game changer for the metagame.

The symbolism between alpha and omega makes sense as well--its beginning and end. Emerald bridged the gap between the RS plot, and perhaps "Delta" is meant to signify the transition (i.e., change) from the beginning to the end as well.

As far as the main series is concerned, I don't think that they've ever bothered to register (in advance) a title they were actually planning to use. They did register Black and White among various color-based titles in 2008 (including Red, Blue, Green and Yellow again, as well as Gray), but those titles used kanji characters, which the eventual titles didn't use. The official titles were registered in 2010 around their announcement. Basically, if a trademark points to a main series game that doesn't exist yet, chances are that it never will. I think it goes without saying that Delta Emerald won't be an exception.

firepanda said:
Out of curiosity, was anything trademarked for Crystal?
None that was ever reported. Some trademarks are hard to find, but if anything was ever registered for Crystal, it was probably not done by the same person who registered HGSS.

Based on the designs of Groudon & Kyogre on the ORAS boxart, I guess Game Freak would've included the δ symbol in Rayquaza's yellow circles, with the biggest one most likely at the top of its head.

I really hope Rayquaza gets the same treatment that Groudon & Kyogre got for the boxart, I would love to see that!

Based on the designs of Groudon & Kyogre on the ORAS boxart, I guess Game Freak would've included the δ symbol in Rayquaza's yellow circles, with the biggest one most likely at the top of its head.

Watch it be capital delta and we just see random triangles instead.

Watch it be capital delta and we just see random triangles instead.
I would assume Delta Rayquaza(man does that roll off the tongue) would have the head fins combine to create 2 giant Δ and then have the circles replaced with em. Anyway, yeah Delta Emerald is probably trademarked cause its likely gonna be an all new "Green Orb" sort of thing, that needs to have its name trademarked.

I highly doubt it means anything; just Nintendo and GameFreak protecting themselves from possible fakes and such. Much like how they trademarked game names like Water Blue, Grey, Moon Stone etc.

I hate it when emotions and logic collide. On one hand, possible Emerald remake! On the other hand, probably not an Emerald remake. Logic - lets you down every time.

Just because it was trademarked doesn't mean it'll be used. I still don't believe we'll get a remake of Emerald cuz it's never been done before. Doesn't mean parts of Emerald won't be used in ORAS, though.

Trademarks are a fickle mistress (as Hasbro knows all too well from their struggles in Transformers trademarks), and it's best to grab trademarks that could be associated with your products before someone else does (either to squat on it or use it to create a confusingly similar product). Almost certainly doesn't actually mean anything.

Well I mean this is certainly interesting. Like others have said, I doubt it means they are actually making it, but hey, always fun to believe we will get 3 remakes.

Yeah, I highly doubt Emerald will be getting a remake. I only posted the thread because it confirms Rayquaza's link in the Omega/Alpha theme being Delta - something which I saw a few people discussing in another thread.

I would assume Delta Rayquaza(man does that roll off the tongue) would have the head fins combine to create 2 giant Δ and then have the circles replaced with em.

Well Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre's body shapes don't change - only the markings on them. So I would guess they won't be altering Rayquaza's design except the markings too.

I'm gonna place this under unlikely. Nintendo is just being safe. We'll get ORAS with Emerald Plot points and then move onto XY2/Z

Delta Emerald not sound appealing or giving 'vibe' like Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. I agree, I also think Nintendo just play safe...

Not buying it.

They didn't remake Blue, Yellow and Crystal, so there's no reason to think they'll remake Emerald. Heck, remaking a third version actually sounds kind of pointless, IMO.

Like everyone else, I'm assuming this is just Nintendo playing it safe.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom