• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Describe your dream guy/gal!

• Can challenge me intellectually (on a general thinking level, not necessarily a knowledge level)
  • I think a passable sense of humor would fall into place on its own given the above.
  • Prefers a night in over a party/bar (though I can live with being dragged out once in a while :p)
  • Is an open communicator who avoids "games"
  • Can respect if I want some personal time by myself
  • Thinks for herself and doesn't blindly subscribe to every idea of a person/group (including but not limited to: cults, religions, political institutions/commentators)
I really wouldn't want to impose many more "restrictions" or guidelines on what this person should be like. Normally I hate surprises, but I think here I would seek them. Anyone who could show me a new lifestyle, new way of thinking, or even just introduce me to something unknown would be amazing.

Huge tits. Like, massive.
Cow_female_black_white.jpg

Tits not teats!

Hmm let me see.

-Handsome
-Shares an interest in my fave tv shows/music and video games
-Must be taller, older and heavier :B
-Loves Animals
-Has a car (shallow I know)
-Likes my family
-Sense of humor
-Preferably atheist or agnostic
-Generally a nice person

Well...I'd like a girl who's like a big sister to me, caring and kind.

And I'd like if she shared a mutual interest in my various things, like gaming, anime and music.

Well, my dream girl would be kind, understanding and smart. While beauty would not be an important factor, it'd be a nice touch.

My dream girl... Hmmm...

I guess a person who is compassionate and understanding, and reasonable in all degrees. I'd also want her to be cuddly.

Physically speaking, while I hold no exact expectations, I havs my preferences. I like blonde hair and blue eyes, skinny but not bony, and most certainly clean.

I met this guy last night and I don't know if I believe in love at first sight, but this guy had all the qualities that I want in a man. The entire night he was so kind to me making compliments and just be a fun loving guy.

My requirements are:
- Up to 2 years older, never younger (most of my exs are younger (none by more than a year) and it just makes me feel more mature)
- Taller than me (5ft 6)
- Medium length hair

Also, based on previous boyfriends; they've all had dark hair, broad shoulders, thin lips, pale or slightly tanned skin, soft nose and largish eyes. So I guess you could call those preferences, but I don't usually like a guy based on skin/hair colour, size of their eyes etc.

Personality wise, my dream guy is:
- Funny or can at least make me laugh
- Same interests. Bonus points if: Doesn't use loads of memes but is aware of internet culture, will be willing to cosplay with me, and/or likes digimon
- Is a little messy. I can't stand people who are too clean because it's hard to get comfortable with them without worrying that they're judging me.
- Isn't a dick to my friends / someone I'd feel comfortable letting meet my friends. - My friends are crazy, also they like to make loooads jokes and be hugely sarcastic. If my boyfriend found them annoying or offensive, I couldn't be with him.
- No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol.
- Able to handle children. I come from a big family so he has to be able to get on well with my younger siblings.
- Able to commit fully. I don't want to waste my time being in a relationship with someone who has no intentions in getting married or having children ever, because if we're still together after 10 years and then the topic of "We should get married/have a baby" comes up and they say they're not interested - I'd feel like I wasted my time, because I want to get married and have children.
- a gamer but wont play Minecraft for HOURS and ignore me. (I've actually lost multiple boyfriends to Minecraft. I'm not even joking.) - I can get that you want to play games sometimes (believe me, I do too), but if I traveled 200 miles to visit you and all I end up doing is sitting on your bed awkwardly playing with a rubix cube while you play your damn game that you could play any day, I'd be super annoyed.
- Not a sporty athletic type. I'm cool with getting healthy and whatever but I'd appreciate not being woken up at 6am while you blender some weird green vegetables into a smoothie before you go out in your tight pants to jog around in the cold for half an hour.
- Understanding. Sometimes I have trouble in social situations, I need someone who will cuddle me and tell me it's okay.

aka my boyfriend, who meets all above requirements and more

My dream partner just has to be calm, respectful, and open-minded. That's all I require in anyone, really.

Mmm, I'm married to my dream guy already, but haha. I'll share the traits I love in a man.

-Masculine & athletic. Someone who can go to the gym with me. Nice muscles are a pluuuuus~
-Tan/darker skin
-Dark hair, light eyes
-Facial hair (well maintained, and hygienic as a whole)
-Tends to act tough but is a real softie at heart, passionate and dedicated, and funny. I love a guy who makes me laugh.
-Willing to overlook all the things I do wrong and accept my sarcastic and snarky attitude
-No piercings or tats, ew
-GOTTA LOVE CATS
My sweet fits just about all of these lucky for me ;)

My dream guy would be into video games, preferably the franchises/genres I'm interested in. (At the very least he must be willing to play those types of games with me every once in a while.) Interest Pokémon is a major plus. :p It would also be cool if he was interested in the same music as me, but I guess that's not a major requirement. But he should be a pizza lover 'cause there's high chance that I would want pizza for dinner (or breakfast... or lunch... or even for a snack, really) at least once a week.

In terms of physical looks, I don't really have any requirements. A friend of mine said that based on a pattern of my past physical interests my dream guy would look something like Matt Bomer with facial hair, but like... I dunno? Maybe? ~__~ My only requirement is that I shouldn't get tired of his face, 'cause that would obviously not be good.

I'm not really sure, if I'm completely honest, since I tend not to have a type as such. But, some ideas of what I reckon I'd fall for in a girl

- Kindness. Having a moral centre and being casually kind makes me melt
- Being reasonably bright, because I don't think I'd be able to connect with someone easily if I can't talk to them on the same intellectual level
- Honesty. I hate playing games. Just tell me how you're feeling, tell me what you want!
- Asexual. One more dread off my mind

Based on my past record, it seems I have a thing for blue eyes and goofy smiles

Oh, and not a mad cat lover. I'm aware this narrows down the pool hugely. I hate cats

Must be dark-skinned. Interracial romance is really a plus for me.
Must be like a big sister to me. Loving and protective.
Must be an omnivore when it comes to food. She's got to like both meat and veggies, since carnivores would be fat, and vegetarians would be health-crazy and obsessed with animal safety (while ignoring that animals do, in fact, eat other animals, and it's natural).

I never really had any specifics for such a person in mind, to be honest. Most of my life, I've just been willing to take whoever will offer me affection and self-esteem without having any seriously off-puting traits. I moreso have a list of things a person shouldn't be than things a person should be. How can I know what I'll like if I haven't met that person? What I even want or desire? Because of these standards, I eventually found someone who was... not what I expected at all. But in a very pleasantly surprising way, as if I never knew what goodness humanity was capable of supplying. And I guess, all of his traits apply now as my "dream" guy/gal. So based on this person, here is the list:
  • Funny. Very very funny. I didn't know this was important, but it really helps to deter depression and increase stability.

• Tall and warm.

• Accepting and kind. This is what I've always wanted the most.

• Teaches and helps me. Gives me guidance. One of my greatest desires as well.

• Intelligent, able to sustain significant conversation.

• Excellently deep and calming voice. I never thought of how important sound was to me. But a voice matters so so much.

• Weird and quirky as all hell, in a way that resonates and clicks with my weirdness. A truly impossible feat, yet it has occurred.
That's all I can think of at the moment, because I do find this hard to describe.

Being in a monogamous, committed relationship for four years makes it pretty impossible for me to describe anyone but my boyfriend so I guess I'll just do that. I always say nobody's perfect, but he's the perfect person for me.

Even though we are both super super busy and there is a FOURTEEN HOUR TIME DIFFERENCE OMG (and he's currently doing his mandatory military service in Korea so even less free time) which makes spending any time together, even on the phone/online, nearly impossible, he always tries to be there for me when I'm having issues. Last fall I decided to go back to university after having been out for two years, and he made sure to be on Skype that morning to support me because I was freaking out. Honestly, I would never have gone back to school if it wasn't for him. He believes in me even when I don't believe in myself. There were so many times that I was ready to give up that semester and the semester that just ended, thoroughly convinced that I was failing a whole bunch of classes. I was ready to just throw my hands up and curl up into a ball and not go to class anymore and he was there to tell me that I could do it and turns out I didn't fail anything ^<__<^;; Both times my lowest grade was a C in one class, and all my other classes were A's and B's (so I felt kind of silly for freaking out, obviously). Point remains that if he hadn't been so supportive and believed in me I would've just quit.

He's also really understanding. I have issues. Like, massive issues. The most relevant problem is that I have borderline personality disorder, which is "marked by a severe instability in interpersonal relationships." I've gotten a lot better over the years but I still flip out over things that my brain makes up. My brain likes to convince me that he's cheating on me and then I get all accusatory, but he doesn't yell or scream at me. He knows eventually the rational side of my brain slaps the hell out of the paranoid side and I realise I was wrong and I apologise. He always tells me not to beat myself up over it but I still feel terrible about it. Regardless, he understands that this is a problem I have and I'm trying to fix it but there's no magic wand to instantly fix it.

He's also smart. I don't know if he's, like, a genius or anything, and I don't mean that we have the same interests. He loves the arts and I don't understand that stuff at all. Meanwhile, I will fanboy-babble on about viruses and bacteria and prions to no end. Yeah, he doesn't understand the difference between T3SS and T2SS, nor is he interested in that stuff beyond "My girlfriend is interested in it so I support her interests" but if I explain something to him he's perfectly capable of understanding what I'm saying (unlike my exes, who would just stare at me with a blank look like slackjawed morons (which they were~ and that's why they're exes~)). I learned the hard way that I can't date an idiot.

I mean, I guess yeah he's hot but the weird thing about me is that, prior to my current boyfriend, there were no guys that would make me drool or anything if they took their shirt off. In fact, I really would rather they did not. If I see guys running around with their shirts off I want to yell at them to put some clothes on, even if they're what most women would find attractive. I'm bi, but I really prefer to see a woman naked than a man, but my boyfriend has been the first guy that I've ever liked looking at ^<__<^;; I don't know what that says about anything but I like to think it's destiny :p He's also the first guy I've ever wanted to have children with. Any other guy I was with it was some sort of "yeah I guess maybe a bunch of years down the line possibly have kids maybe" or at most "we'd use a surrogate to birth them." He's the first one I've ever wanted to actually give birth to children for (I have endometriosis so if I'm off my birth control I will be in massive amounts of pain, so basically he's the only person I ever felt that kind of misery was worth going through. Also, it's not like he's making me choose this btw).

Anyway, we are kind of polar opposites in most things, personality-wise. He's a morning person (like, "I want to go for a run at 4am" kind of morning person), and I don't think anything should exist before 10am, if not noon. He's totally into the arts and I don't understand that stuff, meanwhile I love science and he has zero interest in that. I'm a crazy schizophrenic person with borderline personality disorder, and he's very even-keeled. I will fight someone in a heartbeat, and he's more likely to try to talk them down. We do both act like silly silly people sometimes, and we both love video games. I don't know, man, like, I can't imagine my life without him and I don't ever want to try. He believes in me even when I don't and I'm sure that without him I'd still be some loser with no future, no job, not going to school, just sitting around my parents' house wasting my life away doing nothing. He inspires me to be a better person than I am just because he believes that I am better than I actually am (or maybe he just sees the real me and my lack of self-esteem doesn't let me see it, I don't know). I don't know how he puts up with me, but I'm so glad he does~

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom