• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diamond/Pearl: Where is Fantina? (5th Gym Leader)

Nymn

Reaction score
I have the diamond version but I don't think that affects this situation but whatever lol.

I have completed all the gyms up to the 4th so I'm going back to Fantina for the fourth.

I had first encountered Fantina upon entering the beauty contest or whatever and have not seen here since.

Btw, I only have HM's 1,2,4, and 6, am I missing any? I think I should have surf as well. Also when can I use strength

Please reply I'm pretty much stuck and can only train until i do this...

Oh and this is my first post

Thanks Guys =D

Fantina isn't the fourth Gym Leader to beat; Crasher Wake from Pastoria City is. Want to fight Fantina? Get to Pastoria (right south of Hearthome) and fight Wake first. Also, pick up HM05, Defog, from the Ace Trainer in the Great Marsh Game while you're at it; you'll be needing it. After this, talk to the Galactic Grunt next to the Great Marsh Game, chase him to Valor Lakefront, go to clear the Psyduck on the way to Celestic Town, and THEN you will be able to fight Fantina.

She's the fifth. The fourth is in Pastoria, the town south of Solaceon.

K thanks but its really helpful when you actually read the post instead of just reading the topic and going off of there. Plus it doesn't make you look so stupid =P

Fantina isn't the fourth Gym Leader to beat; Crasher Wake from Pastoria City is. Want to fight Fantina? Get to Pastoria (right south of Hearthome) and fight Wake first. Also, pick up HM05, Defog, from the Ace Trainer in the Great Marsh Game while you're at it; you'll be needing it. After this, talk to the Galactic Grunt next to the Great Marsh Game, chase him to Valor Lakefront, go to clear the Psyduck on the way to Celestic Town, and THEN you will be able to fight Fantina.

Thanks for the actually posting a helpful reply, but just on the side and to clear things up I completed the 4th and stated Fantina was 5th in topic, but no worries.

Also, where is the great marsh game, I don't even remember a great marsh. Would this be because i took route 212 from Hearthome to Prastoria?

thanks

I believe that is what the missunderstandings (even a word?) are about.

Ah my bad that is a typo on my part... grr ...sorry lol

and yes misunderstandings is a word =D

But where and what is the great marsh game?

The Great Marsh is D/P's Safari Zone. It is located North of the Pokemon Center in Pastoria City. The chap on the right, once you have gone inside the actual marsh will give you HM05, Defog.

The Great Marsh is D/P's Safari Zone. It is located North of the Pokemon Center in Pastoria City. The chap on the right, one you have gone inside the actual marsh will give you HM05, Defog.
\

thanks

...After this, talk to the Galactic Grunt next to the Great Marsh Game, chase him to Valor Lakefront, go to clear the Psyduck on the way to Celestic Town...

K sorry for pestering you guys lol, but I started the chase, defeated best friend, and now I lost him. I don't see him anywhere in Valor Lakefront and the two guys are in front of the entrance to the lake.

What am I doing wrong?

alright...

I found him on the beach as I was impatiently pacing through 213...

K thanks but its really helpful when you actually read the post instead of just reading the topic and going off of there. Plus it doesn't make you look so stupid =P

You asked why you couldn't find the fourth gym leader, Fantina. I informed you that she wasn't the fourth gym leader, and was the fifth. I then told you where to find the fourth. I...fail to see the misunderstanding, or what I missed.

K sorry for pestering you guys lol, but I started the chase, defeated best friend, and now I lost him. I don't see him anywhere in Valor Lakefront and the two guys are in front of the entrance to the lake.

He runs in a straight line from Pastoria to Lake Valor, stopping about 3 times between, once in front of the exit out of Pastoria, once on the beach to the east of Pastoria, and once just before reaching Lake Valor (I may be missing one in-between, but that gives you a straight line to follow).

check serebii.net it has lots of info

I have the diamond version but I don't think that affects this situation but whatever lol.

I have completed all the gyms up to the 4th so I'm going back to Fantina for the fourth.

I had first encountered Fantina upon entering the beauty contest or whatever and have not seen here since.

Btw, I only have HM's 1,2,4, and 6, am I missing any? I think I should have surf as well. Also when can I use strength

Please reply I'm pretty much stuck and can only train until i do this...

Oh and this is my first post

Thanks Guys =D

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom