• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think they'll do anything special for the 1,000th episode?

Azureth

Reaction score
Just curious if you think they'll do anything special for the 1,000th episode. Also, when do you think that it will be?

I doubt it. I don't think the total number of episodes of the Pokémon anime matters as much in Japan as it does to some fans. The Japanese version of Pokémon doesn't use seasons like the dub does, so I doubt the total number of episodes even matters to the writers and creators.

Besides that, there's already the 20-year anniversary to celebrate the very first episode airing on April 1, 1997. It appears this will be celebrated with a special episode focusing on Ash and Pikachu's bond airing on April 6 this year (although this episode is not 100% confirmed yet at the time I write this). M20 will also be an obvious celebration of the the 20-year anniversary.

So no, I don't think the 1000th episode will hold anything special, it could just as well become a meaningless filler episode.

To answer your question of when the 1000th episode will air: I've done some calculations. It will most definitely not air this year, but somewhere in the beginning of 2018 or somewhat later depending on how many one-week-breaks there will be in the meantime. Also, what the 1000th episode will be may be different for some sites and people. Some people consider Snow Way Out and Holiday Hi-Jynx to be regular episodes, while others consider them to be specials. Bulbapedia for example does not consider them to be regular episodes.

Wow! This is the exact same question I was going to ask. I was happy that the 1000th episode would fall under the Sun and Moon Arc, but I guess there won't be anything special due to SM020 and M20. Just another number for the series.

Eh, probably not.

Japan doesn't seem to especially care about the episode count for a TV show. It seems to be more about anniversaries than how many episodes. Shoot, many anime's story structures/mechanics make it almost impossible to do something special for a high episode count anyway.

Heck, the reason Pocket Monsters keeps starting over the count each series is so they don't have to add 'em up. Us gaijin may make a big deal when a show reaches a certain number of episodes, but to the Japanese it's just another day at the office.

Last edited:
They've skipped over so many episodes at this point that I'd wonder if this will even count as the 1000th.

No one will know which episode is actually is the 1000th one because it's completely depends on how you count them:
  • Two Christmas Specials
  • Clip Show episodes
  • Banned episodes
Should they count or not? Which ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, why not? Maybe they will thought about 2 hours Special Episode such as the new movie is completely different from the previous. The previous always take a movie in the region that he traveled, but this time they made a movie that explained the past of Ash, because they reached to Movie 20; so Why not?

But I do agree with Neo Blaze for what he said. mostly Pokemon is not the aanime who cared about where they reached in the episodes

So, My answer is Maybe.

In true Pokemon fashion, it will be a random filler episode. Not even one to introduce a new Pokemon, it will be one of those filler episodes... like the gadget festival just before the Kalos League.

No one will know which episode is actually is the 1000th one because it's completely depends on how you count them:
  • Two Christmas Specials
  • Clip Show episodes
  • Banned episodes
Should they count or not? Which ones?
Apparently they count clip show episodes, and discounted the rest.
It's going to be a Lillie focused episode hmm
New main character revealed!

clear_files.png

I like these. They even remembered Tracey!

I'm genuinely, truly surprised that they remembered this amongst all the 20th anniversary stuff, I'd say.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom