• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want characters from the Ash era to appear in Horizons?

skynerel

How could I forget Spinda??!!
Reaction score
Would you like to see characters from the Ash era appear in Horizons? and if they do… would you prefer this characters to be the same version of those who met Ash or would you prefer them to be Alternate Version (like AU Ash)?

It would be kind of nice if they at least confirmed that this series is in the same continuity as the other series. I'm not sure if I could see them bringing in any of Ash's companions. Ash would be relatively easy to do since he's still traveling off-screen and the Horizons cast is traveling around the world too. I'm sure that we'll see Ash again in something. I don't know if he'll be in Horizons. Keeping the focus on the new cast and storyline is probably the better choice in order to make them stand out more on their own, but I'm sure that we'll still get some nostalgia references down the road at least.

Well technically they have already appeared as the hiker from one episode shared design and VA with one seeing in Journeys.

I guess yes, it would be a fun way to keep interest in the series and seeing those characters interacting with the new ones, through I personally prefer if there was some kind of timeskip and they were allowed to wear new clothes. HZ taking place at the same time as Journeys would be a wasted opportunity to do something crazier.

But at the very least, please do not make Ash appear with his JN look and clothes! That does not deserve to be his canon design and it would make me ZERO hyped for his return.

Well technically they have already appeared as the hiker from one episode shared design and VA with one seeing in Journeys.

The “Hiker” is an Ingredients Seller, which are generic NPCs who sell you Curry ingredients in SWSH. His design is lifted straight from the games.

There’s nothing confirming that it’s the same guy and this isn’t yet another Nurse Joy/Jenny/Don George/Porter/some other set of clones situation

At best, I would only want something like a cameo. If we ever get someone like Ash coming back in Horizons, I do not want him to be an adult. I could see him being a little older but not an adult.

If they visit the Galar region again I would love to see an episode of them running into Leon. It would be nice to see what Leon has been up to since losing his World Champion title in the PWC.

I know he is still the regional champion, but maybe losing his World Champion title affected him in some way, leading him to maybe become some sort of mentor, or a researcher assisting Professor Magnolia and Sonia.

The RVT could run into him while in Galar, and he can be help them out with whatever reason the plot of episode has to do with.

It depends on what the writers do with them in the story. If they are a significant part of the story for that episode, arc, or even the series overall and aren't just there for fan service then sure, I wouldn't mind them appearing. But they have to have a role to play other than to say "hey look, we're here." If they're just there for the sake of being there, then no. It has to be done right.

As one who loves when series have older characters appear, I’d be all for it. It’s not even anything that would be remotely strange having a guest appearance considering the fact that quite a few of Ash’s friends do traveling of their own and the RVT are traveling around the world. And it’s not as though the writers are above having characters run into one another without needing to acknowledge that they’re friends of Ash. Just look at when Cilan and Brock met; just a meeting purely by chance. So really I see nothing wrong with such an occurrence especially when it serves as a nice fan service.

I guess yes, it would be a fun way to keep interest in the series and seeing those characters interacting with the new ones, through I personally prefer if there was some kind of timeskip and they were allowed to wear new clothes. HZ taking place at the same time as Journeys would be a wasted opportunity to do something crazier.

But at the very least, please do not make Ash appear with his JN look and clothes! That does not deserve to be his canon design and it would make me ZERO hyped for his return.
Considering they appear to have kept those hideous Pokemon Go eggs (in that singing Sandile episode) I'm not too hopeful. I never liked the Journeys design for Ash's clothing. The shirt is okay, but the hat just looks awful. Also, how come Ash stopped wearing those fingerless gloves he had for several generations?

Considering they appear to have kept those hideous Pokemon Go eggs
One of my many, many gripes with Journeys and beyond. Whose fucking idea was it to make the eggs ugly and bland as shit? Seriously, we went from eggs looking like this:
1708543604717.png
1708543481130.png

in DP and XY to those utter bland-as-hell, boring ass things in Journeys.

1708543725553.png

It just screams lazy writing/animation quality, not to mention the loss of yet another unique thing the anime had going for it to distinguish it from the games.

Last edited:
To be honest, no! I feel Horizons is a fresh start for the anime. If characters with names of Ash’s companions do appear, I think they’ll be more like their game or manga counterparts than their anime counterparts.

Totally yes, but maybe in a 'smaller' way. It may be a bit boring but I'd love for Liko and co. to end up at Butch and/or Cassidy's cafe not knowing their history for a casual rest stop. And maybe then, as they end their time there and leave, you can see Ash's footsteps coming in as the episode comes to a close.

Cheesy but this is the kind of thing I really love. :bulbaLove:

Back
Top Bottom