• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Dogasu said:
I'm more surprised that Musashi and Kojirou bothered to register as passengers using their real names, though. Wouldn't you think they'd at least use some kind of alias?

Maybe some of the grunts told them. I mean, we can assume that, if J&J were being mourned, that all the grunts got off the ship as well as the passengers.

JB88 said:
Wait, what??

Ash is all "Professor Oak, why are you at the beach with my mom?" and Oak gets really frantic and starts stuttering and grabs the info about the bikini contest to change the subject. I'm not sure what Ash said in the original though, I'd have to check that one again.

Or maybe they got the idea...when you know they kinna did their motto letting everyone know their name on the ship.

Blackjack Palazzo said:
Ash is all "Professor Oak, why are you at the beach with my mom?" and Oak gets really frantic and starts stuttering and grabs the info about the bikini contest to change the subject.

Oh. *in best Cartman voice* Uh oh! I remember little things like those lookede weird in the show. You'd think they'd censor a couple of things, but not innuendos (if they are any) like those.

Team Rocket's actions on the St. Anne wasn't terrorism, it was high-scale robbery.

Team Rocket's actions on the St. Anne wasn't terrorism, it was high-scale robbery.

You know, under certain cases, high-scaled robbery can be considered the same thing as Terrorism. I mean, take this week's episode of "Heroes", for example: 4 of the escapees from Level 5 (well, technically three, as one of them wasn't exactly himself at that time, if you know what I mean.) planned a Bank robbery in the middle of the day to steal cash. However, The ringleader, Benjamin Washington, AKA, "Knox", the black guy with the power of Superstrength [which is unique because it enhances by terrified victims.], had other plans than just stealing a lot of cash as he reveals to Peter [as he is trapped in Jesse's body by his future self] that he also intends to make people fearful so he can become stronger, as well as lure Noah Bennet out into the open so they can exact revenge on him for locking them away, which in itself is a terrorist plot, since he intends to instill fear and terror on the hostages.

Plus, I think after they robbed the people, they may have planned to set off a bomb on the St. Anne [considering how they went as far as to try and masquerade as most of the crew to infiltrate the place, as well as Giovanni being involved [which, knowing his Global Domination plots {a key motivation for terrorism, not to mention}, he probably wouldn't waste time on just robbing people of their Pokemon, and probably had some of his men set up some sort of bomb on the St. Anne to be triggered by remote detonation when they succeeded.]

BTW, that reminds me, Dogasu, when you do the comparison of "Island of the Giant Pokemon", can you also mention whether the digital-deep Giovanni was also present in the Japanese version? I'm asking on behalf of someone named Charaxes from Pokecommunity (he's a very big fan of your site.), since he was wondering if Giovanni really sounded digital in the original version of the episode or not (In case you're wondering what I'm meaning. In the scene where Team Rocket talks to Jessie and James via the phone [and especially the ending of said episode], even though Giovanni was seen (sort of) without a monitor in any form, he still sounded deeply digital in those scenes, and since the previous comparison didn't mention it, he was wondering if it was dub-added or not.)

Anyways, that's all for now.

Yeah, it's dub-added.

And while we're on the topic of the St. Anne (kind of)...I wonder what the Rocket-Dan's escape plan was? Were they going to hitch a ride back to their base on a helicopter? Were they going to hijack the ship and drive it to a nearby port?

Anyways...I've watched the next episode and have taken notes, so now all I've got to do is write the comparison and take the screencaps. That'll probably take two or three days.

I dunno about that. If the ship was owned by the Rocket-Dan, don't you think the captain would be in on it?

And who says he wasn't? I didn't see him fighting...

Or alternately they could have been planning to take him too.

I assume it was theirs because it seems like an awful lot of work for an operation run by the two of them to get all those agents on board. Certainly real life organizations could manage it, but on the other hand they also don't have officers like J&J.

See, the way I see it, the St. Anne was a ship owned by some third party that we don't know about that was hijacked by the Rocket-Dan. I also think that it's pretty likely that Sakaki was the one who organized getting everyone onboard, not Musashi and Kojirou; all the latter did was hand out some tickets and perform their motto. They didn't seem to really be in charge there; we just think they may have been in charge because they're the Rockets we saw the most.

As for the captain...he probably wasn't fighting because he didn't have any pokemon XP

That's the way I always understood the plot, too. Hiding on an already established cruise ship and robbing the passengers like that is a lot more efficient than buying an entire ship for the sole purpose of robbing the passengers, which would also get your own name involved, being the owner of the ship and all.

They didn't seem to really be in charge there; we just think they may have been in charge because they're the Rockets we saw the most.

And because Giovanni gave them direct orders and not anyone else (notice that the contact point wasn't even on the ship). And every other agent we saw was a grunt, which, at that point anyway, they outranked.

Also, if Gio owned the ship, he could put on some sort of story about how it was hijacked. I mean, he owned or at least partially owned that theme park, and that was probably public knowledge (given that he's a public figure in addition to his hidden occupation)...but I don't think that would stop him from assigning "random" Team activities there. It's not like the police are smart enough to link the then Viridian Gym Leader to Team Rocket. I mean, someone like Lance *may* know but be unable to prove it publically.

Also, if Gio owned the ship, he could put on some sort of story about how it was hijacked. I mean, he owned or at least partially owned that theme park, and that was probably public knowledge (given that he's a public figure in addition to his hidden occupation)...but I don't think that would stop him from assigning "random" Team activities there. It's not like the police are smart enough to link the then Viridian Gym Leader to Team Rocket. I mean, someone like Lance *may* know but be unable to prove it publically.

Funny thing is, the "Theme Park" seemed to act more like a weapons testing bed than an actual theme park. What, with the majority of the mechaniloid Pokemon actually attacking them? I mean, Charizard seemed to aim for Ash and co. when he let out that fireball, Blastoise attempted to spray the Pokemon castaways with a lethal amount of water (considering it's acceleration and concentrated use, it's power can disintegrate them), and we definitely know without a doubt that it was definitely aiming for the Pokemon, since it heard squirtle (it turned it's head when Squirtle called out to it.), Kabutops looked like it was trying to MOW TR dowm, Rhydon just so happened to reveal itself when Meowth shouted for food, the Robotic Zapdos seemed to attack Ash and Co, Moltres was seen trying to fry TR, and all the three starter evos were chasing the pokemon. The only Mechaniloid who wasn't seen trying to attack the gang at some point or another was Pikachu, which even then, TR, albeit unintentionally, started dragging the giant Pikachu with Kabutops before it could get the chance to attack them.). I mean, theme park attractions (MECHANICAL ones, i mean) don't attack tourists/pedestrians in an effort to try and kill them unless something went haywire in it's programming. In fact, I'm starting to think it wasn't even a theme park at all (the tour guide seemed to be a bit idiotic, since she didn't seem to realize how they seemed to be attacking pedestrians). I mean, just because it has the word "Land" in a places name doesn't mean it's a theme park, I mean, look at Zanzibar Land from the "Metal Gear" series! That was a military installation/country, and not a theme park.

I mean, he obviously had to be upset at something if it directly impacted his goals (I bet he wouldn't really care if was destroyed if it was only a mere theme park. Heck, he didn't even care when several Blimps were destroyed due to their being old and decrepit, as evidenced in the OI episodes.), So, it makes me think that, knowing his plans to conquer Pokeria, he probably used the Island as an illegal military installation to manufacture Pokemon Mechs comparable to the Metal Gears to unleash them onto Pokeria.

BTW, that reminds me, they never showed Rhydon and Moltres being among the pokemon mechaniloids when they "died", yet they were hinted at being "killed" when Giovanni got the call, so, how did they get destroyed if they weren't there?

I mean, just because it has the word "Land" in a places name doesn't mean it's a theme park, I mean, look at Zanzibar Land from the "Metal Gear" series! That was a military installation/country, and not a theme park.

This had a roller coaster and a tour guide. It was a theme park.

I think they were programmed with attacks so they would fight each other and to serve as a security system. Don't go off the path! Don't walk on the grass! Or else!

This had a roller coaster and a tour guide. It was a theme park.

I think they were programmed with attacks so they would fight each other and to serve as a security system. Don't go off the path! Don't walk on the grass! Or else!

The problem, though, is that several of those attacks had the power to KILL them, not merely just scare them away. Plus, they seemed to be working together to try and kill them. Even IF it was a security system, they shouldn't have that much power to actually kill a person (as I said, most theme park robots don't have the security rationale to kill a person.)

Also, that "roller coaster" thing didn't look much like a roller coaster (all it was was a mine cart on tracks, that was activated by a lever by the passengers, and it's "Tracks" were not even complete.) I mean, a rollercoaster, for the most part, contains more than one passenger car, it's activated by operators within the complex, not by a lever in the ride itself that can be activated by the Passengers, and the Track would need to be complete.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom