• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

E3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
We're within a month until E3, so was wondering what you guys are looking forward to? (Or not looking forward to maybe?)

I know as a Pokemon site a lot of people here will be big Nintendo fans - how do you feel about them opting out this year barring the new Legend of Zelda?

Things I'm excited for: first footage of Dishonored 2 gameplay, seeing the new Legend of Zelda in action more and what they are going for with it, maybe an announcement from Rockstar about a Red Dead Redemption sequel/prequel or whatever. Also quietly hoping for a Final Fantasy XII rerelease/remaster (whatever the correct term is) on PS4 and maybe even the same for Skyrim (I think it has been rumoured?). Other than that I'd just like some cool surprises of course :cool:

Obviously I'd like to see some Sun/Moon stuff but they seem like they might be doing their own thing with that and I'm not too fussed about them showing too much before release anyway, I'd like some secrets left for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing more gameplay footage of ReCore and finding out its release date. Same goes for Gears of War 4, minus the release date since it has already been revealed.

Other than that, I'm hoping we get more information on stuff that has been rumored or confirmed as in-the-works for a while now: The Last of Us 2, the PS4 Neo and Xbox One.5, Resident Evil 7, the Resident Evil 2 Remake, receiving more backwards compatible titles for the Xbox One, any new information on Pokemon Sun and Moon that they intend to share, and any price drops for console hardware.

I'm kind of hoping that Nintendo isn't being entirely literal about Zelda Wii U being the only thing shown and is planning to show surprise footage or something of a new project. Aside from that, I'll probably be tuning more into the Sony conference this year.

I'm hoping for an American release date for Persona 5 so I can start counting down the days. Atlus USA as well as Atlus Japan will be at E3 this year, which is really weird and gives me hope that they're going all out for Persona 5. Other than that... I don't have a lot to look forward too lately, other than Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, which is also an Atlus game (and my hype for Persona 5 has taken over my mind).

Nintendo's announcement that Zelda U is the only game playable killed any hype I had for this year, as I'm primarily waiting to see what the NX is like. Not sure I'm even going to watch this year, maybe catch a little of what's going on in Zelda but beyond that I'm not really interested. The other conferences are usually pretty meh.

I'm mostly hoping to finally see an actual Mass Effect: Andromeda trailer, it's about time after being teased with almost nothing at the last two E3's.

I'm also looking forward to seeing more about Zelda U. If the rumour is true that you can also play as a girl this time, I hope they show what she looks like at least.

And I think that's it? I will probably look at all the other conferences I can watch live (which mostly is only about half because timezones) just to see if there's anything interesting, but they're mostly boring imo so many sports games

Well, now that we know that there's more than just Zelda going on at Nintendo's E3, I'm a little more excited. I have to wonder if they backpedaled because of the fanbase's reaction or if this was their plan all along.

Knowing Nintendo, it was probably an error in communication or something along those lines. That said, it is supposed to feature the first live gameplay of Sun and Moon, so that's plenty to look forward to. I could stand for a bit more though. Wonder if they have any surprise announcements or something waiting.

So far E3 for me has been spectacular and it hasn't even started. Naturally I'm excited for the Sun/Moon info but it's always Square that steal the show for me.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age & World of Final Fantasy trailers already released and a Kingdom Hearts 2.8 coming later today. NiER Automata information is expected at E3 & Kingdom Hearts III rumours are abound. Plus there's always Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Final Fantasy XV. Phew!

Between the FXII remaster announcement and Skyrim rumours floating about I'm pretty excited and those are only old games! So that's two things from my first post I can scratch off.

A Gwent trademark has just turned up so I'm stoked for that. It will be a gift from the gods.

Still #1 is Dishonored 2 gameplay, I can't wait to see it Sunday night!

Well, now that we know that there's more than just Zelda going on at Nintendo's E3, I'm a little more excited. I have to wonder if they backpedaled because of the fanbase's reaction or if this was their plan all along.

I'm fairly certain this was the plan all along they just didn't want to announce it. Masuda said months ago he would be at E3 which raised suspicions.

Well, I know I'll have to help cover the Sun and Moon gameplay. Zelda is only mildly interesting at this point unless they have a really big presentation for us.

I'm was hoping to hear more about Mass Effect Andromeda but EA won't be at E3

@Zeb This is the first time I've heard about the Skyrim remaster rumours... Now I'm excited!

@Lunafreya The Final Fantasy stuff hyped me up, but sadly I don't have either console. Perhaps I can get a job and make money for a PS4 during the summer...

Other than that, I'm looking forward to the Pokemon Sun/Moon gameplay and Legend of Zelda. I'm hoping the rumours of voice speaking and female option are true. As for what I'd like? I'd like to see new amiibo lines, specifically Pokemon and LoZ lines. Showing off the Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corrin amiibo would be nice as well. It'd probably be LoZ and Cloud if anything though.

@Lunafreya The Final Fantasy stuff hyped me up, but sadly I don't have either console. Perhaps I can get a job and make money for a PS4 during the summer...

If you're a big FF fan, go with a PS4 out of the two. It has more FF titles on it, like VII & X. Plus if you're into KH, there's speculation on the KH ReMIX collections coming to PS4 at some point. Tai Yasue, in 2014 in the run up to the release of KH HD 2.5 stated that they had no plans for the port, but Square said the same thing about FFXII for PS4 last year.

tl;dr - if you want FFs, go for PS4.

Alternatively, pick one up secondhand, or wait until the PS4 VR is released and standard PS4 models drop in price.

I have a feeling there will be KH 1 and 2 for PS4 around when 3 gets ready to launch. Unless Disney is difficult, or Hikaru, or something.

I'd hold off on a PS4 for now though because there is apparently a new model PS4 coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom