• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Eevee-lutions in GO

It seems like Eevee nicknamed Sakura evolve into Espeon.
It also seems like Eevee nicknamed Tamao evolve into Umbreon.

It seems like Eevee nicknamed Sakura evolve into Espeon.
It also seems like Eevee nicknamed Tamao evolve into Umbreon.

How did you discover this? Did someone release this information.

Twitter, more than one source. Not sure who originally found it out to credit them.

Perfect. I had plenty of Eevee and candy saved up in the event that we couldn't force an Espeon and Umbreon. Now I'll be able to evolve them the next time I lucky egg evolution Pokémon, so I can get double the exp points for registering new Pokémon.

That is pretty lucky. I was worried it would be randomized again, but at least we can have a sure fire way to get an Espeon and Umbreon this way. I have over two hundred Eevee candy, so I have more than enough. I may wait until I can get some of the evolution items to evolve them in order to do the standard Lucky Egg method of gaining more experience.

I'm now done with all 5 Eeveelution Pokedex registers. I've got more than 25 Candy ready, I am considering saving the first 50 for Gen IV. After than that I'm not sure what Eeveelutions I should be trying to get, Vaporeon/Espeon are the best ones but the latter isn't easy to get, the Sakura trick only works once and walking Eevee around as a Buddy is not worth it imo, I can get other good Psychic-types instead.

Yet Jolteon/Flareon aren't really bad either, and them alongside Vaporeon are all available as Raid Pokemon anyway nowadays.

I'm still waiting for good Eevee to evolve into Espeon and Umbreon. Saving the nickname trick for both of them, but I really want an Espeon soon.

Caught a Wonder Eevee and decided to evolve it; it became a Vaporeon with perfect moveset :D
Already started powering it up until I was out of Stardust, it now stands at 1679 CP. It's going to take some more time to be really good but it's pretty nice.

I'm still waiting for good Eevee to evolve into Espeon and Umbreon. Saving the nickname trick for both of them, but I really want an Espeon soon.
If you don't want to waste the nickname, you can walk an Eevee for 10km as your buddy, and evolve it when it's daytime in the game to get an Espeon, too. Nighttime for Umbreon. They have to still be assigned as your buddy when you evolve.

The first three evolutions are still random, though (without the name trick).

The cool part with Eeveelutions is that as of now, 4 out of 5 are quite useful (poor Umbreon...)

My Wonder Vaporeon, the only Eeveelution worth powering up, has now made it to #5 of the Top 6 status and should soon hit #5; it's a really nice Pokemon, the best one I have with a full Water-type moveset. I had to use a Charged TM because I got the worst option (Water Pulse) but now it's pretty good.

walking Eevee around as a Buddy is not worth it imo, I can get other good Psychic-types instead
me before I had to deal with the pain that is getting Alakazam (let alone 6 of them)
Espeon is the best Psychic type that's not Mewtwo in the game, and it's quite easy to get thanks to the 10km Buddy day evolve trick (easier than Alakazam at least, I'm now struggling to get the 2nd done even during the event).
me now :p
---
Vaporeon's still doing fine even though I tend to need to use it more rarely now that Entei are out of the way and I'm getting better answers to Tyranitar.
Thankfully, I got a bit lucky with a Flareon and a Jolteon catch respectively too, both above 2000 CP and with their good movesets, IV is bad but I wouldn't get them past Level 30 anyway.

The one I plan focusing the most on is Espeon, and while I'd like some more of the others it's way too risky to just evolve at random and I won't try it until I get 6 Espeon at least (OK, I might compromise with 4 because of the 2 Alakazam, we'll see).

As explained in the Halloween event thread:
Espeon (and Eevee in general): Espeon is the best Psychic type that's not Mewtwo in the game, and it's quite easy to get thanks to the 10km Buddy day evolve trick (easier than Alakazam at least, I'm now struggling to get the 2nd done even during the event). 25 Candies is nothing for an evolution, I already have 119 and you bet that by the time I have 6 good Eevee to evolve I'll have much much more. Walking 60km is gonna hurt a bit but it doesn't need to happen during the event (I'd rather make better use of the Buddy distance than that...), what needs to happen now is get as much Eevee Candy and Eevee worth evolving as possible. And thankfully of course, there's an Eevee nest in town; else I wouldn't even be posting about this. I plan to get there tomorrow for the first and hopefully only time, as I'd rather not lose out on many regular sessions. But if I really need to I'll go there again, I don't mind.
so I'm quite looking forward to visit said nest tomorrow and hope I can get some good things out of it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom