1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Eggs in GO!

Discussion in 'Current Events: Pokémon GO' started by Life, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Life

Life oh my

Blog Posts:
    I thought we could use a thread to discuss what everyone has been finding in their eggs, as well as methods you may be using to hatch yours faster!

So far I've only hatched two 2km ones, and got a Rattata and Zubat. The Zubat was new for me so I was happy about that one. Currently I have a 5km and a 10km in incubators, so I'm just waiting to see what hatches from those!

2. Shiny Celebi

Shiny Celebi Legendary
    Head Administrator

Blog Posts:
    Ive hatched 1 5km egg, which hatched into Slowpoke and 1 2km egg which hatched into Magikarp. I have another 2 km egg hatching now as well. I have a lot of eggs collected so am excited to see what will hatch from them sadly my 10km eggs are probaby gonna be a long time to hatch since I havent been able to get out walking for long periods of time yet.

3. Birdyspot

Birdyspot Member

Blog Posts:
    So far, I have hatched 13 eggs and gotten Weedle, Zubat, Geodude, Oddish, Paras, Growlithe, Abra, Diglett, Tentacool (so far, my rarest - never thought I'd be happy to see a Tentacool :p), and I think a couple of Pidgey, Rattata, and/or Spearow. These have all been 2-5km eggs; I haven't found any 10km ones yet.

4. dragon_nataku

dragon_nataku Vice-President in Charge of Volcanoes

Blog Posts:
    I've hatched 15 eggs so far. I think my 10km egg hatched into a Jigglypuff. Not sure, got three that hatched almost at the same time. I think I got an Ekans from an egg, but I caught some in the wild too so not sure. Got a Poliwag, an Abra, Shelder, Onix, Cubone, Tangela, and Staryu from eggs (and a few trash like Pidgey, etc.).

My trick to hatching eggs is if you know you're driving somewhere where you're going to have trouble finding parking, or you're going to be in traffic, turn on the app before you leave the house, plug it into your car, RESIST THE URGE TO PLAY WHILE DRIVING (no really, I'm serious here), and just leave it on. All of that slow-ass driving in traffic or cruising for parking spaces is slow enough that the game registers it as walking.

@Birdyspot I'm so jealous you found a Growlithe :(

Slife likes this.
  5. Birdyspot

Birdyspot Member

Blog Posts:
    This is why I hope trading becomes a thing soon in Go! I see plenty of Growlithe where I live (and the occasional Arcanine) and would gladly trade for some of the stuff people are finding near the ocean. I live near the Rocky Mountains in the U.S., so I'm guessing that may be why I find a lot of "mountain-dwelling" kinds of Pokémon like Growlithe, Ponyta, Geodude, and Rhyhorn.

6. Slife

Slife Hero of Justice

Blog Posts:
    Notable egg hatches for me include a Mankey and Drowzee from 10 km eggs, as well as Tentacool and Slowpoke from 5 km eggs.

I find that riding on a bus also helps eggs hatch since busses usually travel slower and make frequent stops.

7. Falconwing

Falconwing The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
    Deputy Chief of Staff

Blog Posts:
    My one 10km egg that I have hatched resulted in my one and only Scyther. Can't say I'm complaining.

But @Feliciano has a coworker who got a Porygon

8. PikachuColoredPichu

PikachuColoredPichu Evil Overlord

Blog Posts:
    Do not tell me I need to BUY an incubator with real money...

9. Life

Life oh my

Blog Posts:
    Only if you want to do you have to! Upon starting the game everyone has an incubator with unlimited uses, and upon hitting level 6 you'll get another incubator with 3 uses. Afterwards you'll get more upon reaching level 10, 15, and so on, though all will only give you 3 uses each.

10. PikaPaz

PikaPaz Straw Hat Pirate

Blog Posts:
    What's special about the other incubators?

Edit: nvm I realized what the others are for

11. Zexy

Zexy Bringing ME Back

Blog Posts:
    Hatched 2 2km eggs today; Geodude and Pidgey; happy for the first one, the second... well, guess I'll take the XP :)

Hit Level 6 so I got my first 3x Incubator. Placed a 5km Egg in it (halfway done) and another 2km in the unlimited.

TIP: As you get a limited amount of 3x Incubators (unless you buy from the Shop) when you achieve certain levels, you would like to make the best use of them. I wouldn't waste their uses on 2km Eggs, 5km is fine but 10km is even better. If you are about to start working on 2 exact eggs anyway, you should always place the one that takes longer to hatch on the limited Incubator.

12. Disobedient

Disobedient Ice Type Master

Blog Posts:
    I hatched a Snorlax with 956 CP and it has become the centerpiece of my team!

omahanime and Zexy like this.
  13. Slife

Slife Hero of Justice

Blog Posts:
    Hatched an egg that gave me more eggs (Exeggcute).

14. dragon_nataku

Blog Posts:
    lolcat, eggception for @Slife

15. hartyguy

hartyguy New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have hatched more than a few eggs now had have noticed that, other than magikarp, 2km eggs are useless. 5k eggs have been a mix, with notable hatches like geodude, abra, sandshrew and machop. Ive only done two 10k eggs, and have had a pinser and a mr mime!

I would like to see this feature in the main game.

16. CorpseFlower

CorpseFlower Member

Blog Posts:
    Actually, I hatched a Clefairy from a 2k. Don't be so quick to knock 'em.

Also have hatched Drowzee, Bellsprout, Scyther, Magikarps, Pidgeys, Weedles, yadda yadda, and apparently a Mankey??

I say apparently because it just showed up in my list after a restart with 21 candies in tow. I hadn't been incubating an egg, because I had just had three hatch before a wild encounter that made the game freeze, so it is the Mysterious Magical Mankey.

17. UB-01 Kenobi

UB-01 Kenobi If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01

Blog Posts:
    Pokémon GO - Pokémon Eggs

As you can see from the egg listings, 2km eggs are the only eggs that hatch starters, pikachu, clefairy, and jigglypuff, so they are actually quite useful especially considering how easy they are to hatch

The Outrage likes this.
  18. Pory gone?

Pory gone? LEVEL ELEVATION ACHIEVED. SCIENCE IS VICTORIOUS.

Blog Posts:
    Of course a Magikarp egg only gives me 8 candies :( It's still going to take forever to get that Gyarados haha

19. dragon_nataku

Blog Posts:
    I feel your pain! *falls to knees, shakes fists at sky" GYARADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!

omahanime and Pory gone? like this.
  20. hartyguy

hartyguy New Member

Blog Posts:

I guess I need to get more walking done!