• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misfit Angel's Corner

Misfit Angel

Normal is an illusion
Reaction score
I'm not much of an artist, but sometimes I'm inspired or filled with sudden bursts of motivation. Tonight was one such night.

Ps2S4Y6.png

Hand drew every bit of the wooden pier, the character (Andrea) was lifted from previous work, and the Furret is a mashup of some official sprites. The wood texture is a bit repetitive, but considering it was made in the style of 16-bit tilesets, I think it looks fine enough.

P7a1KNj.png

Something simple this time, a convenience store. Character for scale. I've considered changing the green trim along the bottom and windows, but I can't find a decent color.

1rgyesi.png

And a hospital/urgent care center. Needs some work on the corner roof, but I don't have the patience tonight.

Last edited:
aAQPU6O.gif

Tried my hand at drawing the pieces and putting them together for some scenery. I'm not sure if I like the trees.

dOInOyq.png

Doing a bit of work on interior design. Missing: tables, chairs and a few other decorations.

I like the attention to detail in the room, it's a great start and I would love to see you fill it out more.

Ask and ye shall receive.

1CZb22o.png

Updated with some furnishings and a better tile floor for the kitchen area. The only thing I'm not sold on at this point is the plaid tablecloth.

You make some very nice sprites. Very reminiscent of Pokémon while also quite obviously being in your own style.

really cute and nice pixel work :> i bet it would do nicely in a pokemon rom hack! i'd play it, for sure.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), they wouldn't work out well for such a purpose. While the colors seem bland and simplistic, there are too many to fit the hardware limitations imposed by a Gameboy Advance. I intentionally designed them this way to discourage someone from coming along and straight copy/pasting them, as I intend to use these for a non-Pokemon RPG project. I suppose someone who really wanted to use them would regardless, but I try to make things difficult for others. :p

0tYeODr.png

I'm doing some experimentation with some non-standard flags. I based the flag for Storm Island (intended to represent an American overseas territory) on the American Shield, but flipped the colors and lowered the stars/bars count. Glastonfell (intended to be an in-universe representation of Scotland) doesn't have a specific design that I used as a basis, but I did stick with Scottish colors at least.

qHhNk4J.png

Experimenting a bit with a cave environment.

I hand draw the stuff in MSPaint, then put the pieces together as a tileset using Game Maker Studio. For colors, I use a gradient creation tool I made last year, which creates four shades of the same color. The rest is trial and error with getting textures and shading right.

For what it's worth, the latest piece I posted (Andrea in the cavern) is actually a screenshot from an RPG engine I've been putting together for the past month.

3PbPiXC.png

Toying with some ideas for a user interface for my RPG project. The idea is that you'll be able to recruit a human party member (think Skyrim, only one follower at a time) and they'll have specific perks available to them. The perk on this one is quite unbalanced, since she serves as an introduction to the friend system.

The mugshot was made by my dear friend @Caitlin;

Everything looks great! And to second shadow tracker the water looks awesome!

BqDPdtx.png

I tried to make a laboratory setting. I'm not sure if I like the tile floor. I feel like the color choice is working, but not the actual tile patterns themselves.

I think they look pretty great myself. Although I'm no good at interior design.

hnUTHzO.png

Basic toying with a castle/dungeon environment. I have a few more tiles drawn (and a lot more color variety) but my main concern at the moment is the corners. Not sure if I like how they turned out.

And more of the tiles. Some shading work needs to be done around the corners and pillars, but since I'm working with separate tilesets and mspaint, those will have to wait. If you want a (accidentally blurry) 2x view like above, click!

...aaaaaand one last version, I promise, to show the complexity of the maps the tiles can create. Once again, a 2x view (not blurry this time!) can be seen with a click. The treasure chests are a placeholder and taken from Final Fantasy 5, that's why they don't match.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom