• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Epidemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Jimmy

sell ecstacy at dragoncon!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
(@Stitsworth @Lone_Garurumon @Kirby4ever)

--------------------
"...and numerous sightings of infected Absol have been made on Route 120. If you're around there, make sure to watch out for them. That's it for updates, here's 'Special Brew.'"

Though Winona remained completely stoic as she peered through her rifle's scope, she was internally grateful to hear an old favorite playing through her little personal radio. She couldn't afford to show it, though; sure, her little sniper nest (an old watchtower) felt safe, but you never knew when a zed might've been smart enough to use a ladder. She'd already had to dealt with that a couple times.

When she heard the door creak open, though, the flying ace correctly assumed it was Flannery. "Hey, Winnie! I found a couple cans of clam chowder down near that general store."

"That's nice, Flannery." Her tone was just as expressionless as her face. "I think there's a couple zeds approaching the tower, so be prepared for the gunshots." The former gym leader complied, holding her hands over her ears once she plopped down the chowder cans on a nearby table.

Three shots later, Winona flashed a quick thumbs-up, prompting her to put her hands down and take a seat next to her friend. "So, you're still good on ammo, right? Because if you need me to get you any, you can as-"

"Flannery." Winona finally pulled away from the scope, turning to Flannery with an irritated expression. "I know you want to talk to me, but I'm busy right now. Wait until I'm finished."

Sighing sadly, Flannery turned away. "Fine... I'm sorry." And as Winona got back to work, she dug into her pocket and pulled out a lighter, beginning to flick it on and off.

Roark was making his way through what was left of Oreburgh City. As he approached the fortifications by Route 207, he couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. As he came closer to it, he could easily tell what was wrong; there was a massive hole in the barriers he'd set up. He had no clue how, he had no clue when, but somehow they'd broken down the blockade. "Dammit." He muttered under his breath. Now he knew what he was feeling as he walked down the streets. When he was quiet, he could hear feet dragging down the various streets. Had they been smart enough to stay out of sight until he was here and vulnerable? He took his shovel out of the straps on his back, and loosened his gun in its holster. He began to make slow movements back towards the Gym, hoping he could make it back and find some way to hold out as he packed the Pokemon's Pokeballs into a bag so he could make it out. He had made it maybe a hundred metres down the street before he saw about three of them come out into his path. "Well, it looks like I'm gonna have to get through you." He said as he took out the three in front of him with three well placed swings. He then broke into a sprint as he made for the Gym.

Max and Bonnie were able to get through Terminus Cave quickly and easily since there's no zombies in there yet, but it may not be like this for long, so they can only be in the cave for a short time. Once all three of them go into Zygarde's chamber, Max let his Gallade out of his Pokeball. "Gallade, I want you to keep watch and look out for zombies. If you see them, please tell us and teleport us back outside so we can back into the car to escape." They did find an abandoned care that is still working on the outskirts of Lumiose city, they were lucky that it was empty and has keys inside, so they got in and quickly took the back roads to Terminus Cave since going through towns and cities would be too risky, especially since they have a two year old.

Gallade nods and telepathically tells him, "Alright I'm on it!" He looks around the chamber and sees several tunnels. One tunnel is the main tunnel that leads straight outside, the others are made by miners years ago. 15 feet from the tunnels is a large underground lake where Zygarde is at and it glows green, but there's no algae. The lake is only shallow for about 5 feet before it quickly becomes deep.

Bonnie takes Jake out of the stroller and goes over to the lake. The reason she took Jake out of the stroller is because if anything happens, the stroller won't fall into the lake and he'll drown while strapped in. Jake fellows Bonnie to the lake until they stopped at the banks of the lake. Bonnie takes a look around for any of the Zygarde cores, but they're hiding from the zombies. "Zygarde, are you in here?" She called for them. It wasn't until a few moments she sees all five Zygarde cores swimming up to her and Jake after getting out of their hiding spots. Bonnie goes to the Zygarde cores' level, glad to see that they're okay, "Zygarde I'm glad that you're okay! The reason why we're here is because we want to keep you safe and get out out of here. If zombies managed to come and start swimming in the lake, if can be a death trap for you!"

"We did try to restore the ecosystem because of the damage caused by the zombies, but nothing happened except for larger trees and plants in towns and cities. Since we don't want to create more damage to them, we went here to hide from from the zombies." One of the Zygarde cores responded through telepathy.

"That's because the zombies are infected by some kind of disease that no one knows about and are trying to find a cure. Until then, there's not much you can do. I'm sorry about that Zygarde." Max explained to them.

"If they bite you," Bonnie started explaining as she puts the Zygarde core in her bag that Serena made for her a few years ago, "you'll be infected by the zombie as well, and I don't know what would happen if they bite one of you."

Jake picks up one of the Zygarde cores and goes to his mother, "Please don't cry, Mommy."

Just as Bonnie puts the forth Zygarde core into her bag, suddenly a Noibat flies into the chamber. "Guys, a Noibat had just flown into the chamber and it doesn't look normal!!" Gallade told everyone in the chamber frantically through telepathy as he runs to the group. Bonnie quickly scoops up Jake who is holding the Zygarde core as Max takes out his gun to shoot the zombie Noibat down. Gallade quickly teleports everyone outside, leaving only the stroller.

After leaving the nightmare that was Castelia City, Corey found himself running for his life on route 4 trialed by his Arcanine. Corey went to the nearest building and slammed his back to the wall by the door. He returned his Arcanine and let out his Lucario. "Luc, I need help clearing this building, bud. You got my back?" The Lucario nodded and Corey drew his sidearm and opened the door. It was poorly lit inside, flipping the electrical switch brought forth no solace, so Corey began clearing the large room in near darkness. There was one large room once you entered the building, a kitchen to the right and two doors off the kitchen. Once there were no signs of the flesh eating assholes out in the open, Corey went to the nearest door, opening it briskly. Seeing nothing immediately, he snuck into the room flanked by his Lucario. Realizing it was a bathroom, Corey drew the shower curtain quickly and saw nothing. Once he began to turn around, he heard his Lucario let out a cry, a Z grabbing the Pokémon from behind. Corey quickly drew his truncheon, executing a quick strike to the head, sending the bastard off balance. Lucario pivoted and sent a Blaze Kick through the chest of the Z.

"The head, Luc!" Corey growled, setting loose two rounds from his pistol into the head of the disfigured Z, rendering it "lifeless" on the floor. Panicked the Lucario began looking himself over for any injuries and Corey gave him a hand, searching for any bites. "You're good, bud. Damn, keep your head right, you know better then that. You can't have my back if you're staring at the back of it. Check the other room, I'll sweep the kitchen better."

"I know, I don't know how I didn't sense the creature coming up behind me. I will try harder from now on." Luc told Corey telepathically.

After patting his Lucario on the shoulder, Corey went for the kitchen, looking around the island for any Z's lying on the floor. After coming up with nothing and Lucario returning without altercation they went to barricading the front door to be able to rest for the night. Corey threw out his three remaining pokeballs, releasing his Arcanine, Luxray and Pidgeot to stretch their legs. Or, stretch them as much as they could in his Arcanine's case.

"Sorry Nine, it's a tight squeeze, but it seems secure in here. I found some beans and spam in the kitchen. Not a gourmet meal, but it's something." Corey gave each of his Pokémon a meal and began devouring some food himself. After finishing, Corey went back to the mangled Z and searched the body for anything useful. After finding only a knife and a lighter, Corey pocketed the items and had Luc help him drag the body into the bedroom. When Corey returned from the bedroom, his Luxray and Arcanine were sleeping next to each other on the floor, back to back. Corey went over and laid next to the Arcanine, resting his head on the large beasts warm furry stomach, falling to sleep in peace for the first time in quite some time.

Last edited:
Once they had got outside, they quickly get into the car and Max drove the car quickly to get away from any possible zombie in the area. Gallade is watching out for any zombie who may near by as Max drove. Bonnie sees a bag in the seat next to her and Jake, she reaches for the bag that had been sitting in the car since before they took off with it, and takes a look inside of it. The bag has apples, a few cans of soup along with a can opener, and some bottles of water. "Looks like that this bag has some food in it, Max." Said Bonnie as she takes the can opener and put it into her pocket.

"That's a good thing since we already had some food we took from home, but it's nice to have some extra." Max replied as he finds a hidden house that they can sleep in for the night. "We're going to sleep here for the night since it's already late and we had a long day. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to contact other survivors if the satellites are working and see if we can find a way to meet them so we all can work together." Max has a laptop that he always carries around with, but is unsure if he can contact survivors if they don't have anyways of communication with them.

Once everyone got out of then car, Max and Gallade goes into the house to check for any zombies. The house is a mess, the lights are on but barely working, and there's a "dead" zombie in the middle of a bedroom, Max uses his gun to shoot the zombie in the head and in the heart to make sure that it's "extra dead", then closes the door. Gallade uses psychic to pick up some large heavy objects and block the door with them to be sure that they're safe. They checked around the house and the basement to be sure that there aren't anymore zombies. Once Bonnie comes into the house with Jake and the Pokemon with them, they even took the keys and food into the house as well to make sure no one steals them over night. Gallade helped Max moving objects around to block windows enough but let sunlight through, block the basement, and the other doors. They still let the main entrance of the house easy to go though in case of an emergency. Bonnie puts down Jake, and then she lets Cinccino and Inkay out of their pokeballs while Dedenne goes out of her jacket pocket, Max lets out his Vaporeon and starts getting food out for everyone after Bonnie gives it to him. Bonnie changes Jake's diaper and puts the dirty diaper into the trash can in the kitchen and comes back into the living room. Max drains the water out of the can of meat and veggie soup and gives the right amount to Jake, and gives the rest of it to Dedenne, then he gives everyone and himself a meal. While everyone is eating, all five Zygarde cores check the surrounding area for zombies by using the cells to be sure that there's none coming. One will stay up over night and keep watch while everyone sleeps. Once everyone finished eating, Cinccino cleans the bowls and utencles with her tail.

"What we gonna do to the cans?" Asked Jake as he looks on the cans left on the side of the room.

"We're going to leave them here since they're empty and don't serve much to us anymore since we empty them." Max answered to Jake as he lays him onto Vaporeon as Vaporeon is falling asleep. Vaporeon wraps his tail around Jake to protect him as Jake is already falling asleep. Max sleeps on the couch as Bonnie sleeps on the chair as she holds the Zygarde cores safe. The other Pokemon goes to sleep close to each other and everyone else.

As Roark neared the Gym, he found that there was at least a dozen of them around the door to the Gym. How did they get so close to the Gym? How long had they been waiting for him? He had absolutely no chance of getting into the Gym, so he bolted for the Oreburgh Gate. Maybe he could get away and sneak back to get back to the Pokemon in the Gym. He had to unload a few rounds into a few heads as he rushed there, only to find it blocked. Of course! He collapsed the gate himself. "Idiot!" He yelled at himself. He had no way out, and they were closing in on him. A white light suddenly flashed.
"Rampardos!"
His Rampardos was standing between him and them, threatening them with his massive head.
"Rampardos, no! You won't be able to stop them!" He cried, attempting to stop his Pokemon from throwing its life away. And they were indeed not fazed, continuing to move towards Roark and Rampardos as they had no escape.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Come on Rawk! They're gaining on us!" Shaun called out to the Staraptor he was riding, as they fled from a flock of infected Staravia and Murkrow that they had caught the attention of back in Jubilife. He tried to take aim at one of them, but found it impossible to keep his hand steady and hold on at the same time with all of the dodging and weaving Rawk was doing. "We need to lose them! Try Double Team!" He shouted to Rawk, and the next instant several copies of Shaun and Rawk were flying alongside them in the sky. While they were confused with the doubles, Rawk dove down to escape. "Are they gone? Are we safe?" Shaun wondered as they continued to soar through the sky. After making a quick look around, they were indeed safe. "I'm sorry to make you work like that buddy." He said as he scratched Rawk's neck. Though in the sudden quiet, he could make out noises, yelling of some kind. He looked down and noticed that they were just above Oreburgh City. Just how far had they flown? As he looked closer though, he could make out a person and a Pokemon pressed against a wall, surrounded. "Rawk, I'm sorry, but you've gotta work a little more. DIVE!" As he got closer to the ground, he pulled out two Pokeballs. "Donna! Koh! Cliff escape!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new pair of lights flashed by Roark as an Excadrill and Electabuzz materialised. As a man on a Staraptor landed next to him, the Electabuzz summoned a green barrier with Protect, and the Excadrill slammed its claw into the wall to cause a Rock Slide. The Excadrill then drilled a hole into the wall and disappeared from sight.
"Come on!" The man called as he recalled the Staraptor hopped into the hole. "What the hell are you waiting for!? Koh can only keep this up for so long!" Already the Electabuzz looked to be approaching its limit.
"N-No, the-" Roark began
"Look! Whatever you want to say, you can say it on the other side, rather than stay here and get crushed by rocks!" The man shouted as he disappeared further into the tunnel. Roark had to admit he had a point, as Rampardos nudged him with its snout, he finally conceded.
"Alright." He recalled Rampardos and got into the hole. Koh the Electabuzz then jumped into the hole as the Protect barrier finally fell, leaving the rocks free to collapse and cover their escape route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom