• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EV Newbie, Have a Quick Question

Lordakira900

Reaction score
Hello!

Although I've been playing Pokemon my whole life, I've never really looked into Natures, Breeding, and EVs. With SM's Battle Tree however, I've been inclined to make more power pokemon >.> Here is what I want to know:

-If I breed a pokemon with good IVs
-Put them on Isle Evelup to max out / allocate their EVs to how I want them
-and then put them into my party with my Level 100 pokemon and battle high-level wild pokemon to instantly level my bred pokemon up...
Q: Will they be as strong as if I leveled them up naturally by going through all the routes, etc?
This might seem like a really dumb question, but I ask because I know that in the old games, if you leveled up pokemon using Rare Candies, or by just using Exp. Share, they would miss out on EVs and be really weak. With what I read, if I breed good IVs, and then max EVs on Isle Evelup, no matter what level they are at they will be as powerful as possible at that level...

Anyways, thanks!

Short answer: Yes.

Every Pokemon stat is calculated in the general format of (species + IV + EV) * Level.

The reason that Rare Candy-raised Pokemon are perceived as "weaker" is that unlike battling, Rare Candies do not give EVs. But in current Gens that is a moot point since you can train EVs directly.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom