• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

I think that this is AWESOME!

C'MON TPC and Media Factory, we've been waiting for this moment our whole lives as Pokemon (Special) fans!

Yikes, I think I'll pass. I mean PokeSpe gets pretty dark sometimes. To have it in anime form would just be...cruel. :bawl:

Yikes, I think I'll pass. I mean PokeSpe gets pretty dark sometimes. To have it in anime form would just be...cruel. :bawl:

What makes you think that PokeSpe will be any "darker" animated? Granted, it's not out of the question but we don't know that. Plus, it's nothing to cry about.

Really hope an anime does get made, it would be really interesting to see!

Although, I doubt it will happen as they already have a Pokemon anime and I doubt they'd make another.

Although, I doubt it will happen as they already have a Pokemon anime and I doubt they'd make another.

Why not? A lot of franchises have more than two Anime series. Well, a few have two at a time but there's no real reason for there to be so. Besides, another Anime could mean more merchandise for The Pokemon Company as it could attract younger AND older fans. Sorta like Gundam and a lot of Shonen Anime.

Why not? A lot of franchises have more than two Anime series. Well, a few have two at a time but there's no real reason for there to be so. Besides, another Anime could mean more merchandise for The Pokemon Company as it could attract younger AND older fans. Sorta like Gundam and a lot of Shonen Anime.

I don't really know, but it seems like they won't. They have plenty of manga series and spin off games, and yet only one anime series. It's been like that for years, so I don't see them changing that. Maybe we'd get an OVA or tv movie based on PokeSpe, but I can't see an anime happening, as much as I'd want to. Given the length PokeSpe has been running for, you'd think if it was going to get an anime it would have one by now.

I don't really know, but it seems like they won't. They have plenty of manga series and spin off games, and yet only one anime series. It's been like that for years, so I don't see them changing that. Maybe we'd get an OVA or tv movie based on PokeSpe, but I can't see an anime happening, as much as I'd want to. Given the length PokeSpe has been running for, you'd think if it was going to get an anime it would have one by now.

Well, this poll might tell studios that Special has fans who want to see it animated and if they make an Anime out of it, maybe it'll be popular. It might get The Pokemon Company and Media Factory thinking about it more as they may've been unsure at first.

I suppose that with an Anime already, they never saw a point to adapt any of the Manga. But with this poll, they might start taking things into consideration.

Please excuse me if I seem way too optimistic. I just have a tendency to look more on the bright side with opportunities like these.

I would be so super excited if it got an anime. Well, actually, I'd only care to see Black & White. Aw, yeah. Finally get to see my darling N in an anime. Which is all I really want. Oh, but I'd like it to be darker.

What they should do. Which I still cannot fathom WHY considering this is a multi-billion dollar franchise. Is make OVA's. Special yould be perfect for that. You don't run as much risk of ruining the source material, you cater to a different audience and don't conflict with the main anime.

What they should do. Which I still cannot fathom WHY considering this is a multi-billion dollar franchise. Is make OVA's. Special yould be perfect for that. You don't run as much risk of ruining the source material, you cater to a different audience and don't conflict with the main anime.

The trouble with the average OVAs is that if there are few episodes so we might get something akin to Viz's "Best of"s and I'm sure we don't want that. Is it possible to make OVAs with more then ten episodes? Twenty perhaps?

I've seen plenty of OVAs for anime recently. Since when are they going out of style?

As much as I'd like a Pocket Monsters Special anime, what influence does Media Factory or Viz Media have on Japanese animation studios?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom