• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Not everything on Adult Swim is dark, though. With a Y7/PG rating, it could make it.

Yeah, I know but but the word adult and Pokemon do not go well together unless handled well so it might give some the wrong idea and I believe Nick/Nicktoons have aired TV-PG shows. And like I said if a TV-Y7 rated DBZ Kai could be aired there then PokeSpe would be no problem. I can imagine Viz dubbing with TPCi since Viz has dubbed Anime versions of some of their licensed Manga. First, uncut (as in no cursing but with violence left in so it's PG at best on DVD). Then edited for TV.

Yeah, I know but but the word adult and Pokemon do not go well together unless handled well so it might give some the wrong idea and I believe Nick/Nicktoons have aired TV-PG shows. And like I said if a TV-Y7 rated DBZ Kai could be aired there then PokeSpe would be no problem. I can imagine Viz dubbing with TPCi since Viz has dubbed Anime versions of some of their licensed Manga. First, uncut (as in no cursing but with violence left in so it's PG at best on DVD). Then edited for TV.

That much is true. Really, it's a selfish hope because I dislike Nickelodeon (and don't get Nicktoons), but everything you outlined would definitely be a possibility.

Pokemon is not going to be on Adult Swim unless it's an American-made, Harvey Birdman-esque show.

An animated adaption of a comic book that's printed in a magazine aimed at grade-schoolers is not Adult Swim material, lol. Even Bleach is pushing it.

Pokemon is not going to be on Adult Swim unless it's an American-made, Harvey Birdman-esque show.

An animated adaption of a comic book that's printed in a magazine aimed at grade-schoolers is not Adult Swim material, lol. Even Bleach is pushing it.

Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, and all of the other anime Adult Swim airs or has aired are American-made Harvey Birdman-esque shows? Who knew!!

That's not what I meant.

Pokemon has maintained a family friendly image for the last 15 or so years owing to its success in the West. As long as it remains relative and lucrative, there's no way they're going to risk its family friendly image by putting it on Adult Swim, not to mention that'd be a horrible decision for Adult Swim as well since I doubt it'd earn good ratings. When I said Harvey Birdman-esque, I meant a show that appeals to nostalgia and mocks the series, airing long after the original has any cultural relevance...not a Pokemon Special anime, which isn't by any means an adult series whatsoever. It's a straight-up kid's manga, and it's about as violent and dark as your usual shonen, probably even less so. Naruto, Bleach, and Inuyasha, since you brought them up, are aimed at pre-teens, and they're "darker" than Pokemon Special easily.

Naruto, Bleach, and Inuyasha, while they do have younger fans, were brought over to the West and marketed for an older audience. Pokemon was not. There's no way they'd risk the series' family friendly image.

I apologize for misunderstanding what you meant, then.

What's to say they wouldn't target a pre-teen audience with a Pokemon Special anime in the western world, though? I'm not saying to go overboard with violence or dark/adult themes so as to tarnish their family-friendly image, but they could very easily attempt to capture a slightly older (though not necessarily adult) audience. Granted, please understand I'm not saying it will be picked up by Adult Swim, or even that it's likely (saying that it becomes an anime and gets picked up for translation in the first place); simply that it's a possible alternative to Nickelodeon/Nicktoons.

I apologize for misunderstanding what you meant, then.

What's to say they wouldn't target a pre-teen audience with a Pokemon Special anime in the western world, though? I'm not saying to go overboard with violence or dark/adult themes so as to tarnish their family-friendly image, but they could very easily attempt to capture a slightly older (though not necessarily adult) audience. Granted, please understand I'm not saying it will be picked up by Adult Swim, or even that it's likely (saying that it becomes an anime and gets picked up for translation in the first place); simply that it's a possible alternative to Nickelodeon/Nicktoons.

Nick isn't so bad. Sure, their new shows lately aren't quite good with some exceptions IMO but they handled DBZ Kai fairly well and the series is more popular now. Though non-AS CN is possible, Nick wouldn't be too bad. Plus, they'd just air the show and nothing much else.

But that's just me.

It would be interesting, to say the least. Pokémon Adventures isn't incredibly incredibly dark, if you get what I mean. Well, I can't say too much, as I've only read the RGB saga and the Yellow chapter.

It would be amazing if Pocket Monsters Special anime comes out. But still 100 voted for it - its not a big number but it is something. What would be interesting to see is how the fanbase would split. I mean now we are split to manga/anime but then I would say quite a big portion of fans would come to "our side" because the special version of anime would be much more mature + since we have such a big story already here that would give us at least 50 episodes if you ask me :D

While some do die in the RS chapter, they ARE resurrected so it's sorta like "Temporary Cartoon Death" where characters come back to live later on. So yeah, that'll most likely be fine, especially if it's rated G so everyone can enjoy it like the games. For apparent Pokemon deaths in the Special Manga, they'll be toned down, probably.

I'd LOVE an animated version of Pocket Monsters Special/Pokemon Adventures! <3

The plot would actually move, the Gym Leaders would get actual roles, we'd have an actual cast (including changing up heroes instead of keeping the same obnoxious little snot a lot of us got sick of long ago), we'd see Team Rocket & Giovanni done right, a much better version of the Kyogre vs. Groudon battle, a Celebi who isn't a DiD, and a Mewtwo who isn't Super Hamlet, among other welcome changes.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom