• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire Emblem Fates Mafia ~ Endgame ~ (Together We Fall) ~ Vallite Forces Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the balance and setup?
Did you like the Flavour Text?
What was your favourite thing in the game?
If you could change one thing in this game, what would it be?
What did you think of the multi-faction aspect of the game?
Would you play another game like this in the future?
I did enjoy it. I need to finish the text but I enjoyed what I read.

As for balance I think this was way Mafia strong. Their numbers easily matched nohr and hoshido individually. And our role pms telling us to be the last faction standing makes it hard to work together as well as normal town and mafia, and also makes it harder to decide if someone is vallite or not. We did figure out that vallite is best to take out first but let's face it: no nohrian cared if hoshidians died and vice versa. Vallite had some pretty dang good roles compared to ours and the advantage of knowing each other. I think having hoshido and nohr as opposite factions didn't work well, especially with NOC. It would have worked better as a simple mafia vs town game with the cult as an indep, and just two instead of three to start with or not all die when the leader dies.

On a funny note Ryoma and Xander visited Anankos night 1. Too bad he didn't make the kill and was godfather.

I also think trigger happy @Feenie didnt help much. Why did you shoot FA?

Yeah, Mafia was ridiculous also having Nightkilling Powers along with all of their roles and knowing each other, unlike the other sides which all shared the same win condition. They had a large advantage and I don't think an Independent Cult would have balanced that. Sure it was bastard, but the setup killed most scumhunting

Balance-wise I thought it was OK but just very swingy, which is fine in bastard games imo. Simply put, I didn't expect Cult Leader to ever get lynched. And Hoshido/Nohr had to first ally with each other to defeat Vallites (as they were known to be mafia) before turning against each other.

Biggest mistake Elementar made with the game was marrying his cousin, tbh >.>

And hey, I didn't lie about being Nohrian lol. Just not in the way it got interpreted
I honestly screwed up pretty badly on the first day and it ended up making the rest of the game incredibly tense for me >.>

I was so disappointed when I found that out. As if they pointed towards the pairing then say they're related.
I don't find it that big a deal. For starters we thought we could marry our blood siblings in the game before it came out, and I had long decided to marry Ryoma.

But first cousin honestly isn't that weird. It's legal in Japan and plenty of places in New York. Inbreeding was more common back then. And they had t in awakening with Odin and some of the other characters but it got sensored at least here it did. I'm surprised they didn't sensor this one honestly. And if you really want bad- play sacred stones and get an A support with Ephraim and Eirika. That ending is totally implying them ending up together and their behavior in the game implies that stuff too.

I feel I'm one of those people that doesn't mind it that much when it's fictional. Though I honestly don't see the appeal in Azura for marriage. And it's not like it's shoved down your throat. Her relationship with you is like the avatar and chroms. Close friendship that in some cases could be more. As opposed to Chrom Sumia.

IAnd if you really want bad- play sacred stones and get an A support with Ephraim and Eirika. That ending is totally implying them ending up together and their behavior in the game implies that stuff too.
That's a mistranslation.

I don't find it that big a deal. For starters we thought we could marry our blood siblings in the game before it came out, and I had long decided to marry Ryoma.

But first cousin honestly isn't that weird. It's legal in Japan and plenty of places in New York. Inbreeding was more common back then. And they had t in awakening with Odin and some of the other characters but it got sensored at least here it did. I'm surprised they didn't sensor this one honestly. And if you really want bad- play sacred stones and get an A support with Ephraim and Eirika. That ending is totally implying them ending up together and their behavior in the game implies that stuff too.

The only reason I thought it was weird was because when you pair them up in Revelations, the ending happens as though they aren't married and it focuses on their cousin relationship. That just didn't work out. Otherwise, I'm happy with it. I liked in Awakening how they pointed you towards Sumia for a relationship. That's a thing I missed in Fates. Who would you guys say was the implied married choice for Corrin?

I haven't played Sacred Stones.

Also to anyone who read the FT (I hope you did, because that last post was 3,800+ words :p), would you like a prologue and epilogue like ME did?

That's a mistranslation.
I doubt that. Early FE games allowed five conversations. If you got an A support and the two had an ending it was usually romantic unless explicitly saying it wasn't like Tana and Eirika.

Nope nope nope. I don't even like Sumia and her and chrom supports are so boring. Pies really? I hate ever feeling forced towards a pairing.

I don't think there are any, however female Corrin and Jakob with their children's supports and her and Jakob's conversations it seems like they might be meant for each other. And the sexual tension between the awakening trio in the dlcs is so tangible. But nothing feels forced. Btw Ryoma x Camilla hilarious s support last line. And I just discovered that Hinokas speaking s support line is lame.

I doubt that. Early FE games allowed five conversations. If you got an A support and the two had an ending it was usually romantic unless explicitly saying it wasn't like Tana and Eirika.

Really? That's your basis here? So Ephraim and Myrrh is a romantic ending, I guess.

Oh Elementar if you do another FE fates mafia make the mafia Mikoto, Male Corrin voice 3, and human Anankos. They can be the creepy laugh faction. Seriously they all have these creepy laughs. You can tell they're related.

I may do I Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Mafia once I get that if that's any consolation. I'll try to not make it so bastard and swingy this time.

It all happened so fast... and apparently of all roles Takumi shot me, the cruel irony ;_;

>protects Vallite Elieson N1
>protects Vallite SwordMaster N2
>seraph knighted scum Elieson in XYZ Mafia

Good lord, please don't ever let me roll a doc-type role again lmao. It is clearly not my forte. I really believed SM was Nohrian right up to the end though, whoops.

Did you enjoy the game?
It was short, but sweet. Definitely had fun while it lasted!
What did you think of the balance and setup?
The concept for the game was great and it doesn't seem like we get many multiball games, so I really enjoyed that! Plus it fit Fates very well. Like others have said, it did seem a bit Vallite-heavy role-wise, but the fact that Corrin's Army kicked the bucket immediately might have contributed to that.
Did you like the Flavour Text?
As always, nicely done! I particularly liked that you worked some of the non-role characters in, like the retainers (and Arthur's last words to Elise were sad). And everyone seemed very in-character too!
What was your favourite thing in the game?
that I got a character I like The chaotic setup was pretty fun, and trying to figure out who was what!
If you could change one thing in this game, what would it be?
The cult not getting lynched D1 haha
What did you think of the multi-faction aspect of the game?
Shame it ended so quick, but multi-faction games are fun and like I said, it fit the theme very well here.
Would you play another game like this in the future?
Yes!

Thanks for the game, Elementar and Zexy!
Lol, called it that Sword Master slipped (they were strongman, too...) Should have made a bigger deal about it tbh... I don't know why Darth got lynched, I was honestly confused when he got votes and I only voted him Day 1 out of self preservation.
I voted Darth D2 because he could only have been Vallite or Hoshidan, and as a Nohrian I was fine with either. I didn't think things would end so quick with one more non-Vallite death...

That's a mistranslation.
Their weapons are named after a pair of incestuous twins from Norse mythology xD

The hints are far beyond the king and queen thing :p

And if you wanna get really weird, said twins birthed a son named Siegfried. Aka Xander's blade.

Also holy hell things went off the rails fast. My big mistake was thinking I could wait a day or two to innocence claim Sakura. Ah well. Thanks for hosting! The flavor text has been terrific.

Wish I hadn't died N1. I also think the mafia was a bit too strong numbers and roles wise, but for such a swingy game its only a slight nitpick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom