• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire Emblem Fates Mafia ~ Endgame ~ (Together We Fall) ~ Vallite Forces Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their weapons are named after a pair of incestuous twins from Norse mythology xD

The hints are far beyond the king and queen thing :p

And if you wanna get really weird, said twins birthed a son named Siegfried. Aka Xander's blade.
That's a fair point, but I only read into it as a reference. Most people just comment on the face stroking, which is probably the most blatant part, but that one actually is a mistranslation.

And because you mentioned Siegfried I suddenly want to do a Fate/Apocrypha mafia

Their weapons are named after a pair of incestuous twins from Norse mythology xD

The hints are far beyond the king and queen thing :p

And if you wanna get really weird, said twins birthed a son named Siegfried. Aka Xander's blade.

Also holy hell things went off the rails fast. My big mistake was thinking I could wait a day or two to innocence claim Sakura. Ah well. Thanks for hosting! The flavor text has been terrific.

Wish I hadn't died N1. I also think the mafia was a bit too strong numbers and roles wise, but for such a swingy game its only a slight nitpick
Considering you were nightkilled I don't think you not claiming innocence would have changed anything.

That's a fair point, but I only read into it as a reference. Most people just comment on the face stroking, which is probably the most blatant part, but that one actually is a mistranslation.
I honestly forgot about the face stroking. It's their behavior in both SS and even Heroes that implies. They'd have to purposefully be mistranslating a lot of dialogue to get that kind of implication.

It all happened so fast... and apparently of all roles Takumi shot me, the cruel irony ;_;

>protects Vallite Elieson N1
>protects Vallite SwordMaster N2
>seraph knighted scum Elieson in XYZ Mafia

Good lord, please don't ever let me roll a doc-type role again lmao. It is clearly not my forte. I really believed SM was Nohrian right up to the end though, whoops.

I saw the night actions and I was on my tush laughing at everything that happened...It's nice to know that I come back after a long hiatus and people still cop check or doc me by reflex, MWAHAHA!

Takumi shooting the Takumi fan makes me want to continue the ##BlameTakumi spam that I was throwing out all game.

I voted Darth D2 because he could only have been Vallite or Hoshidan, and as a Nohrian I was fine with either. I didn't think things would end so quick with one more non-Vallite death...

This was what we preyed on all game long. IT wasn't hard to sit back and just be gentle with pushes on little slips of faction here and there, when it's multiball and no matter what, people couldn't stop wanting the opposite town dead. Town really needed to dismiss the idea of multiple towns existing from the get-go, and knowing that it was multiball via the rules only made town's life harder.

Did you enjoy the game?
I did, mainly because of the Actions reveal and the totally expected yet unexpected Cult Leader flip

What did you think of the balance and setup?
Town was weak and Antitown was strong. At its core, the game was 8:7. With numbers that huge, well..
  • Suggestions
    • Town
      • Buff up the roles a bit. The Faith Healer was really chumpy, and add in some passive protection, like Cultproof. It would've made the game much less drastic of a town loss if they could at least begin cult discussion with a reason.
      • Probably would've pulled 2 cult members and given one to each town faction. Azura and Kaze Felicia would've made sense as characters added for either faction tbh, and their roles would've balanced in the game.
    • Cult
      • Altered the cult leader mechanics slightly. Corrin was strong but adding a D1 Lynchproof modifier and negating all abilities on recruits after N1 would've been way more balanced.
      • Did they have a Cult Chat? If they didn't, they should've.
    • Mafia
      • Night Vengeful is ungodly strong in the current setup
      • Anankos was fine (Rolecop + 1x Redirect w/ Info trace)
      • Iago was fine (Standard Jailkeeper)
      • Things get iffy with Hans and Garon though. The Executioner should have a restriction to not be usable in a situation where it'd force a win (since you see now, that it ended the game super abruptly) and the Night Vengeful wasn't really needed. IMO if you did the above Town/Cult changes, it would've been far less OP but still powerful. It's generally bad to punish town for eliminating an Anti-Town though...just my .02 on the matter
      • Personally, I hate silencers, but Bulba has a boner for silencers so I can't really complain I suppose
Did you like the Flavour Text?
Of course. You largely kept the in-character hats on, which I appreciated. Not enough BlameTakumi though
What was your favourite thing in the game?
The core setup being multiball was pretty cool. It's rare to play in games with two towns
If you could change one thing in this game, what would it be?
I wish the cult was more hidden
What did you think of the multi-faction aspect of the game?
Complicated but fun to approach. It's like a puzzle that needed solving, and I like puzzles!
Would you play another game like this in the future?
Yes!

hqdefault.jpg

I'm sorry! Wow I didn't expect that... to happen. I went after FA because I was 100% positive she wasn't with Hoshido (I pretty much figured the last Hoshido member left was Midori besides myself, just a gut feeling. that isn't good reasoning) and I was getting a weird vibe that she was possibly a Vallite so I--unfortunately--decided to shoot. I tried to shoot SwordMaster Night 1 but darn jailkeeper ability mumble grumble.

Elieson said:
Dang Feenie with the trigger finger.
CheffOfGames said:
Feenie not shooting Night 2 so we could play out our plan.
Midorikawa said:
I also think trigger happy @Feenie didnt help much. Why did you shoot FA?
Ahhh I'm sorry I honestly was beginning to suspect FA was a Vallite (that or Nohr but she was seeming off to me like perhaps she was a Vallite). I was thinking about shooting SwordMaster again but after my first shot didn't go through I decided against it because I didn't know what happened and I didn't want to waste another shot. Guess that still makes me trigger happy though.
HumanDawn said:
hOly MOLY THOSE NIGHT ACTIONS... SwordMaster shot... but jailkeeped by Mafia... Space Cop checks scum... but Godfather...
I KNOW it's all so wild when I look at it. I can't believe of all the people Space checked it was godfather.

FinalArcadia said:
It all happened so fast... and apparently of all roles Takumi shot me, the cruel irony ;_;
:sneaky: sorry

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes! I'm sorry it didn't go on longer though!
I have a hard time always answering this since I'm no good with setups or balance.
I thought it was great. You took a lot of time in it, and I thought they were very interesting to read as well. Good job!
The mystique of not knowing who you were aligned with, who was Nohr, who the Vallites were, and if Corrin's Army existed.
I wouldn't kill FA. frowny face
I thought it was an interesting concept, even if it didn't go as well as expected.
Yes!

I honestly forgot about the face stroking. It's their behavior in both SS and even Heroes that implies. They'd have to purposefully be mistranslating a lot of dialogue to get that kind of implication.
Not familiar with their behavior in Heroes, but I'm inclined to dismiss that game as non-canon.
Unfortunately, this subject's a bit of an uncomfortable one for me so I'm likely to say something I shouldn't if it continues for too long >.> and I've said all I can on the matter anyways.

I find it kind of funny how, from the very start of the game we were praising Takumi as a joke :>

I saw the night actions and I was on my tush laughing at everything that happened...It's nice to know that I come back after a long hiatus and people still cop check or doc me by reflex, MWAHAHA!

Takumi shooting the Takumi fan makes me want to continue the ##BlameTakumi spam that I was throwing out all game.

This was what we preyed on all game long. IT wasn't hard to sit back and just be gentle with pushes on little slips of faction here and there, when it's multiball and no matter what, people couldn't stop wanting the opposite town dead. Town really needed to dismiss the idea of multiple towns existing from the get-go, and knowing that it was multiball via the rules only made town's life harder.

Did you enjoy the game?
I did, mainly because of the Actions reveal and the totally expected yet unexpected Cult Leader flip

Town was weak and Antitown was strong. At its core, the game was 8:7. With numbers that huge, well..
  • Suggestions
    • Town
      • Buff up the roles a bit. The Faith Healer was really chumpy, and add in some passive protection, like Cultproof. It would've made the game much less drastic of a town loss if they could at least begin cult discussion with a reason.
      • Probably would've pulled 2 cult members and given one to each town faction. Azura and Kaze Felicia would've made sense as characters added for either faction tbh, and their roles would've balanced in the game.
    • Cult
      • Altered the cult leader mechanics slightly. Corrin was strong but adding a D1 Lynchproof modifier and negating all abilities on recruits after N1 would've been way more balanced.
      • Did they have a Cult Chat? If they didn't, they should've.
    • Mafia
      • Night Vengeful is ungodly strong in the current setup
      • Anankos was fine (Rolecop + 1x Redirect w/ Info trace)
      • Iago was fine (Standard Jailkeeper)
      • Things get iffy with Hans and Garon though. The Executioner should have a restriction to not be usable in a situation where it'd force a win (since you see now, that it ended the game super abruptly) and the Night Vengeful wasn't really needed. IMO if you did the above Town/Cult changes, it would've been far less OP but still powerful. It's generally bad to punish town for eliminating an Anti-Town though...just my .02 on the matter
      • Personally, I hate silencers, but Bulba has a boner for silencers so I can't really complain I suppose
Of course. You largely kept the in-character hats on, which I appreciated. Not enough BlameTakumi though
The core setup being multiball was pretty cool. It's rare to play in games with two towns
I wish the cult was more hidden
Complicated but fun to approach. It's like a puzzle that needed solving, and I like puzzles!
Yes!

Thankyou for the points. However, I've underlined the 8:7 thing. The cult had to lynch the mafia, so why was it 8:7? Thanks for al the pointers again.

Also still willing to write FT if anyone wants it.

Last edited:
Did you enjoy the game?
It all happened so fast, there wasn't much to enjoy, but the small time that it played out was fun.
Damn, Mafia is strong. Without even looking at the cult, a 3-way match already gives mafia a big advantage. Sure, the cult only needed mafia, but as you saw with me, 1 town faction and mafia can gang on the other town which mostly helps the mafia here.
I didn't read it for spoiler reasons. Still, so much FT, I like it. You really put a lot of effort into it. Might I ask for FT tips?
What was your favourite thing in the game? / What did you think of the multi-faction aspect of the game?
The multi-factional war pulled me in. Be careful with the balance though
As I told you in my PM, me pulling through on the protect on RQ.
Yes

I didn't read it for spoiler reasons. Still, so much FT, I like it. You really put a lot of effort into it. Might I ask for FT tips?

Thankyou. For FT tips, you can't go past ME, but if you'd like to ask me some questions, I'm happy to answer them.

The sad thing is, I was totally planning to do something evil...

I was going to use my role to protect someone I needed eliminated, and then try to get NKed that very night. That way, even though I would die, it would quite possibly put Nohr in a stronger position.

Mods, please don't lock this for a little bit. I want to post a prologue and epilogue, even though no one asked for it xD This would be greatly appreciated :)

Prologue ~ Corrupting Future's Heart
Prologue ~ Corrupting Future’s Heart

Soleil viewed the Deeprealms as secure, but as a confinement from life. The loneliness forbade her from interacting with real people. She wanted to be free. She wanted to know her family, and see the world her mother and father spoke of.

Ugh. Forget it. You’ve got a good life here. You’re safe… Like she usually did when she was angry, she grabbed a sword and approached a wooden figure. A large cylindrical base was at the bottom, with a small wooden stem connecting it to a large chest-shaped body and unnaturally looking head. It was devoid of life, but it still satisfied her urge to hit something. She sliced and thrust her sword into the tattered timber, adding to the many scars it already had.

“Stop! Being! So! Negative!” Each swing was more powerful than the first. She stopped afterwards, leant down and sucked in the fresh air of the Deeprealm. That decides it, she thought. I’m going to get back into the real life. She marched with a newfound purpose and approached the end of the Deeprealm. It felt like she stood at the edge of the world, and through the portal would be a universe of people and adventure. This is it. She took a large step forward, placing one foot in the portal. She felt the force try to suck her in and whisk her away. She took her foot back and waited. But are they right? She continued to think about her parents, eventually reimagining a fight when her mother yelled at her father because he flirted with Beruka. Mother is so irritated all the time… And father can’t stop winking at random girls… What would they know? She put her foot back into the portal, and readied her other one. She felt the force of an almighty impact collide with her torso just as she lifted her other leg. She was knocked to the side, unconscious and defenceless.

“That type of thinking is perfect. We need her.”

“Her mother and father were strong retainers for my children. She looks… weaker.”

“Garon, don’t be so negative. Soleil even understood that. And I have a feeling her mother and father told her some stories about their homeland. Maybe we can use that. Now, time for gaining her power…” Anankos’ human form raised his hand and held it above Soleil’s vulnerable body, stretching out his fingers until he felt the power of the First Dragons flowing through his arm. Purple smoke burst out from his hand, covering Soleil like a blanket. Her eyes opened violently and wide, remaining in that state until the smoke had entered her body. Her body stopped tensing and woke. Her eyes glowed in a dark shade of lavender, and small puffs of violet vapour dispersed from her mouth when she spoke.

“I hate the Deeprealms. My parents put me here. I’ll show them my potential.”

“Good. We can help you do that. Just tell us everything you know about your rightful world. That world where you belong.”

“…There were Risen. And they ruined life…”

That was relatively short, but I hope it’s okay. I’ll post the prologue soon. Also, did anyone notice my Star Wars reference in the FT earlier?

Epilogue ~ Heirs of Fate
Epilogue ~ Heirs of Fate

I thought I preferred solitude. I was obviously wrong. Shigure was concealed within a cave in Valla, absorbing the warmth from a fire and singing. The pendant laid on a rock beside him. Its presence gave him mixed feelings. In one way, he hated its existence. It was just another reminder that everyone from his world was gone. The adults… The children… Everyone. After he took Soleil through the portal back home, things were never the same. Even she died. But then it reminded him of the good memories. He didn’t know which were more powerful.

“~Flowing like time. The path is, yours to climb…”

“It is your path.”

Shigure stopped and looked up. Surprisingly, Shigure wasn’t too shocked. “Hello mother. Father.” Azura and Corrin had looked better. Both were fading out of existence. Half their bodies had become completely transparent, with their upper bodies resembling colourful fog.

“I remember the days when you were happy to see us visit.”

“Times change. People die. Things become different.”

“But we’re still here.”

“For how much longer? For how much longer, do I need to see you unexpectedly turn up and pretend that everything’s the same?” When neither parent replied, Shigure looked back down and felt shame. “I’m sorry. I know neither of you deserve that. I’m just… tired.”

“Have you given up?”

“It’s hard not to. Anankos has won. I can’t stop that. I don’t intend to waste my life by throwing myself towards him anyway. I have the pendant, but it’s hardly enough if I’m alone and can’t even get to him alive.”

“What if you had help?”

“…What?”

“That’s right. You can have help.” Corrin finally took over for Azura.

“I hope you don’t mean Faceless. I’m not working with those things.”

“I’m talking about humans.”

Shigure began to question his parents’ fading minds. “They’re all dead. I can’t see how that possibility exists.”

Azura took back over. “They’re only dead in this realm. There are other existences in which Corrin made a different choice.”

“What do you mean?”

“There are existences in which Corrin actually chose to side with each of the kingdoms. There’s a world in which Corrin sided Hoshido and the Hoshidan children lived. And there’s a world in which Corrin sided with Nohr and the Nohrian children lived. They can help you get there.”

“Then I can sing the fourth forbidden verse and seal Anankos away with me forever?”

“There is another way…”

“Can it guarantee success?”

“No, but-“

“Then it doesn’t matter. I’d rather my world live on without me than me living without it. I just need to find them.” When he looked up, he saw his parents’ bodies sharply become smaller. Only their heads were faintly visible under the glow of the dying Vallite sun. “Thankyou. Thankyou for always staying around. It’s… it’s helped me stay sane.”

Corrin and Azura talked in sync. “We wouldn’t want to do anything else than stay by your side. And even if you can’t see us, just listen to our voices.”

“Okay.” He replied to their subtle smiles with a grim, but genuinely grateful smile. His eyes darted downwards for a moment to check on the fire, poking at its core lightly with a singed stick. He glanced back up, finding disappointment when neither of his parents stood where they were a moment ago. “I’ll make you proud. I’ll bring everyone back.”

Again, it’s relatively short, but this ties the main game (or at least, the part I created) to the ‘Heirs of Fate’ DLC package. Hope it’s okay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom