• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

From Dusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
@Silent Winter @Crobatman

It was another morning; one not entirely different from others, really.

Snow had gotten up to get started on her morning routine, stretching a bit before getting some coffee started. According to times since past, Old Earth had lots of coffee back then that were different from the brew of now. She would've loved to taste it, considering how she nearly subsisted off of the taste.

It was still quite early, so she kept it running so that she could start getting ready for work and keep it fresh for the rest of her housemates.

Last edited:
Mornings were rather uneventful for Abigail Harris. She usually woke up rather early and took her shower before getting ready. Once she got ready, she would make her trip to the kitchen and begin cooking. She would start with the foods that required baking such as bread pudding, cinnamon rolls, and other pastries. While they baked, she would begin working on pancakes, omelets, bacon, and other staples.

-------------------------------------

Waking up in terror, screaming as she clenched her sheets. It was an everyday occurrence now. Melody Brooks was living a life of misery, and each day was becoming more unbearable. Sweat was pouring down her pale, clammy face while she used her hand to push away some magenta strands of hair from her face. Nothing would ever be the same again, so why pretend? Most of her mornings were her secluding herself from everyone else, and only speaking when spoken to. They couldn't know about her past, or else they'd run from her. They would be gone, and any sense of security would be ripped from her. It wasn't like there was much security to begin with. Sighing, the young woman just got up and changed into some clothes. It wasn't like sleep was an option after all.

-----------------------------------

Unlike most of the tenants, Luna was one who enjoyed sleeping. She would sleep until 12pm if she physically was able. She lived a simple life for the most part, and enjoyed what memories that were made. Currently the woman was sleeping on her stomach, loose strands of her black hair in her face as she was sleeping soundly and covered up. Her ceiling fan was on high, making the room a utopia of sorts.

Snow had gotten her gear on, walking into the kitchen to pick up a bun. On her head were two cordless headphones, maintaining connection with her global connector to listen to some music. Putting the bun in her mouth, she went over to the connector screen in the at the front of the kitchen, sifting through it before changing it to a light newscast that would lightly filter through.

She sent a wink to Abigail as a good morning before walking back into the living room.

Johnny Cruz let out a loud yawn as he opened his eyes, his back hurting like never before as he tried to sit up on the floor. He passed his hand through his messy blond hair as he looked for his glasses through the mess of crumpled papers and parts that were in his room, only to accidentally put his knee on his laptop, which caused him to jump back in fear of having damaging it. He hadn't thankfully. "The night went by really quickly," he said drowsily as he stood up, quickly glancing towards his current project before shrugging and making his way out of the room. "Better get some breakfast.

Alex panted as he made his way into the complex, having jogged for the last hour or so, he tried to gather his breath as he made his way into the living room of the complex, his straight hair hanging down on his forehead due to sweat. He looked down at his timer as he walked inside, seeing Snow all ready to go. "Heading out early today?" he asked, pocketing the timer before glancing toward Abby in the kitchen. "Morning, smells good."

"Yep," Snow said, picking up her weapons near the door. "Got called in for a early patrol duty on Fringe. Heard there's been some issues with the beast population there." He would know that she was doing it for the Scouting Corps, whose next expedition would be in the coming week.

"Be back later tonight or tomorrow. Don't wait up," Snow said, walking out of the door.

"All right, good luck out there," Alex waved at Snow as she made her way out of the house before letting out a sigh, only to see Johnny walk into the living room yawning.

"Morning," he said lazily ot both Abby and Alex. "Man my neck is stiff."

"Maybe if you actually slept on a bed for once," Alex replied, slight annoyance in his voice as he noticed Johnny's glare.

"I was working on my new project thank you very much," Johnny replied defensively before sitting down on one of the couch. "It's something that is sure to make a lot of people's lives easier."

"Whatever," Alex rolled his eyes, making his way towards his room.

"Take care," Abby spoke as she saw Snow leave. That's when she turned to the two boys. "Alright, what would you two like to have? There's plenty to go around. Just remember to save enough for the rest of the guests here. Luna's probably asleep still, and I'm not entirely sure about Melody."

"Well, I heard she had a bad life before coming here, so maybe she just needs time to open up is all," Abby reassured the boys, "Also, let Luna sleep. She's happiest sleeping anyways. She'd just take her food back to her room and fall asleep in the middle of eating it again...like she did last time. It was pretty amusing to see though."

"Well, she stays up at night working on her music," Abby spoke up, "Doesn't she also stream her playing video games from time to time as well? If she stays up all night, then it's not really a surprise that she sleeps until the afternoon hours." it wouldn't be long until Melody walked into the kitchen. Quietly, she grabbed two cinnamon rolls and put them on a plate before sitting it down. She went to the refrigerator and had gotten herself a glass of fat free milk before making her way to her food and beginning to eat breakfast. "Morning, Melody!"

"Good Morning," Melody spoke up quietly before taking a bite of her food.

Snow had taken off to the outskirts of the city, deciding to take her own vehicle. As she drove through the city, she noticed a crowding of people as she left. Protesters. Drawing her gaze upward to the large set of rails in the sky, she suppressed a sigh within herself and continued driving.

Every day they were there. For what reason, she never understood. What part about the reconnection of humanity didn't they get?

When she finally reached her destination - a large gateway lobby, she drove her way through after getting clearance from a soldier. "Gonna go nab some kittens for us, sweetheart."

"No. I'm gonna stop those kittens from eating you alive," she said, driving through.

"We ain't afraid of small-fry! How about you hunters start bagging something worthwhile, huh?!" He yelled to her.

She simply chose to ignore it. It was clear that, upon reaching the gate's exit, that she was now in a different world. It was greener, cultivated with plants with a few sparse tree systems here or there. Deliberate though it may be - scientists were very clear on what type of wild flora they wanted here - it was very much more of a tourist attraction.

It was here that she would set up before leaving. She parked her vehicle, getting out and sitting on the hood. Her kit was with her, where she began the assembly of her equipment.

"Fine," Melody answered before she quietly resumed eating her breakfast. She felt the strong urge to go to the ocean again, but she had to fight it. Every fiber in her being was calling her to the ocean. The thoughts in her head were becoming melodies of the ocean, trying to lure her in. Her face scrunched slightly, but she tried to keep her focus on eating.

"Are you alright, Melody?" Abby asked as she looked at the magenta haired woman, "You're looking a little pale." for just enough time, Melody had snapped back into reality and looked to the others.

"Oh, I'm fine," Melody replied with a false reassurance, "I had a nightmare last night is all, so I'm still trying to get my mind off of it. Actually, I think I'll take my food to go with me if that's alright. I want to get some fresh air." without another word, Abby nodded and fixed up a proper container for her to take her cinnamon rolls in before giving it to Melody. After putting them in the container, Melody put the plate in the sink and smiled nervously. "Thank you. I'll be back sometime later." with that, she scurried out of the door.

"That was unusual," Abby commented as she looked at the boys.

"Yeah," Abby spoke, "I'm sure she'll be fine. Besides, you guys need to eat some more before Luna gets down here. You know how she eats."

"Well, at least you have a chance at the food," Abby remarked with a slight smile, showing she was amused. "I have to wonder how she eats so much and still looks good."

Snow continued her trek through the wildlands directly outside of the territory. Lots of densely forested land lie here, though much of it was mapped by the leaders of the territories. This was where a lot of her time was spent.

This time, however, she was ordered to go deeper into the underbrush to deal with the nesting creatures within. She sighed a bit, moving a few branches out of the way before walking forward. Upon stepping beyond the brush of trees, she found a large open basin that held a small waterfall. Well, small by the standards of most waterfalls on that planet.

She tapped on her gravity tether harness, putting it on standby as she examined the area. Nothing was there. Not yet, anyway. The creatures were stated to be nocturnal, so she had come early to set up. Still, that water looked nice. It was still the late morning, so it would be fine for her to stay there until she needed to get ready.

Snapping her fingers, she activated her gravity tether before leaping from the side of the waterfall's cliffside. The tether slowed her descent, allowing her to touch the bottom quite easily. "This is nice," she said to herself, running a hand through the water.

Now, all she had to do was wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom