• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Future Pokemon Game Leaks/Rumors Thread

Y'all maybe they skipped Unova because we might get a Pokémon game based around the US after ZA. Would be really cool to see another Pokémon game based on places in US territory.

According to the website, its Lumiose only.

I am seeing they're referring just to Lumiose and not Kalos, but I remain skeptical. It is possible that they could do a game taking place entirely in one city, but it'd be difficult to pull off without it feeling dull and repetitive. I guess they could create environments such as parks for Grass types, sewers for Poison types, and power plants for Fire and Electric types, but would that be enough to carry a game?

If it means they can focus on one location and dedicate all resources and time into make it fun and interesting over trying to spread those same resources into several big areas and thus they are far less developed than the single big area, i honestly take the former.

It was too early for BW remakes anyway?

all the other mainline remakes (except let's go, but that was a special case) had a 2 year longer gap than the previous remake, except that bdsp was 3 probably because of the pandemic

rgb to frlg - 8 years
gs to hgss - 10 years
rs to oras - 12 years
dp to bdsp - 15 years
bw to bw remake - probably 16 years, or 2026. or maybe an extra year

So I wouldn't look into them "skipping" BW too much. They didn't skip it, it's just too early.

It was too early for BW remakes anyway?

all the other mainline remakes (except let's go, but that was a special case) had a 2 year longer gap than the previous remake, except that bdsp was 3 probably because of the pandemic

rgb to frlg - 8 years
gs to hgss - 10 years
rs to oras - 12 years
dp to bdsp - 15 years
bw to bw remake - probably 16 years, or 2026. or maybe an extra year

So I wouldn't look into them "skipping" BW too much. They didn't skip it, it's just too early.

Well... depends when Gen 10 is coming out anyways.

If Legends ZA is late 2025, then Gen 10 is 2026 and assuming gen 10 gets DLC (Likely), BW remakes won't come before 2028 on its earliest.

Like, i cannot see them doing Legends ZA late 2025 and Unova remakes in 2026, since then we have a 5 year gap between Paldea and the new gen.

remember that 2026 is the 30 year anniversary for pokemon. ive been guessing a new generation for that year. i figured b/w remakes this year though. but maybe it makes sense. gen 2 was remade in gen 4. gen 3 was remade in gen 6. gen 4 was remade in gen 8. so gen 5 will be remade in gen 10 makes sense.
though, gen 1 was remade in gen 3 but early pokemon can be weird so i wouldnt take that too seriously

Lumiose just might be the central hub/storyline focus
Austin John Plays quickly pumped out a reaction video, and mentioned that Lumiose City had to be rebuilt after the Kalos War, so the 'Lumiose City Redevolopment Plan' might be that

It's too early for that.
There is no point in starting 10 generations before the 30-year anniversary.
There's VGC to worry about. It's gonna be really boring if they're stuck on SV for four years straight, and I also doubt that they will miss two consecutive holiday seasons. For this to happen Legends ZA would have to be a Holiday 2025 release, and I highly doubt that because I think that if that was the case they wouldn't have revealed it now and instead they would save it for 2025's Presents.

There's VGC to worry about. It's gonna be really boring if they're stuck on SV for four years straight, and I also doubt that they will miss two consecutive holiday seasons. For this to happen Legends ZA would have to be a Holiday 2025 release, and I highly doubt that because I think that if that was the case they wouldn't have revealed it now and instead they would save it for 2025's Presents.
It's completely normal for a video game franchise to announce a game way in advance.I don't know if you've followed other video game cycles, if yes, you probably realize that they will announce it way in advance with just a tease of the game name to give them the time to work on the game, while giving the fans an indication of what is coming. Why would Pokémon be different? If they want to still be relevant in 2024 onward, they need to act like a vieo game company. Even Assassin's creed are not releasing a game every years anymore, no companies can do that anymore. There is some exceptions, like call of Duty, but those kind of games work every year because they are online focus games and not story focus. They don't have to medelize more than a 1000 monsters either .So yeah, for me it make sens for legend ZA to release november 202. Would even be the best case scenario. With gen 10 in november 2026. Maybe the new studio they just open can work on the remakes in the mean times if people want to play so desperately.

Apparently there is new information related to CoroCoro.

GLK9G5TWUAAljgh.jpg

"Corocoro once again reiterates that this is a new Lumiose City, different from the previous one from X&Y"

"
Corocoro points out that there is a bunch of wild Pokemon all throughout the city"

"
Megas from X&Y and ORAS are returning. The lore of Mega Evolution will be explored again.

"Corocoro points out Zygarde's similarities to the games' logo"

"
"The adventure is set in Lumiose City, but will we be able to meet the Legendaries of the Kalos region?""

"
Corocoro says stay tuned for the next report next month"

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 186920

"Corocoro once again reiterates that this is a new Lumiose City, different from the previous one from X&Y"

"
Corocoro points out that there is a bunch of wild Pokemon all throughout the city"

"
Megas from X&Y and ORAS are returning. The lore of Mega Evolution will be explored again.

"Corocoro points out Zygarde's similarities to the games' logo"

"
"The adventure is set in Lumiose City, but will we be able to meet the Legendaries of the Kalos region?""

"
Corocoro says stay tuned for the next report next month"

Now this is a blast from the past. It's been almost a decade since we've gotten news from CoroCoro. Still, this isn't really significant, this is mainly just some tidbits and hints that seem to be elaborating on things we saw in the trailer.

Now this is a blast from the past. It's been almost a decade since we've gotten news from CoroCoro. Still, this isn't really significant, this is mainly just some tidbits and hints that seem to be elaborating on things we saw in the trailer.
Have we previously known that the lore of Mega Evolutions would be explored?

Back
Top Bottom