• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen II New side of the cloning glitch. Give any pokémon any move.

irritatedanus

Reaction score
I found this hack when I was browsing forums of glitches for pokemon crystal. There was this really long and obscure post from 2003 or something. It had a lot more detail than my post because the guy who made it spent hundreds of hours fully exploring this glitch. I have only performed it around five times successfully, but I can at least report my findings. I have looked for hours for the forum that I saw this glitch on, however, i cant find it. Its not even registered on bulbapedia or any other websites that i know of. If anyone knows what im talking about or where to find it, plz tell me.

Essentially this glitch boils down to the cloning glitch, but done enough to where it eventually switches movesets, stats, names, and potentially IVs between two pokemon in your party. Since IVs determine shininess, then you can make any existing pokemon you have shiny. The hardest part of this is guiding the process to get the desired outcome.

Useful for:

Making any pokemon shiny

Giving any pokemon any moves

Unlimited possibilities

Bad stuff:

Takes a long time

Does not corrupt save file or game, but can result in corrupted pokemon so set aside a special box for the failures

Step 1. Obtain shiny gyrados from lake of rage, find an item to duplicate. Then find the pokemon in which you want to get shiny. Typically this pokemon will also recieve the same name as your gyrados and sometimes its IVs as well as learnset. This can be reversed by visiting the day care people, and then your desired pokemon will be shiny and have its learnset back. I am unsure about its IVs, however, it very well might keep gyrados's. Other times, the end result will be a fake, where it shows the sprite of the desired Pokémon as shiny, but when given to the day care people, it turns into gyrados.

Step 2. Go to the pc and save facing it, but not actually interacting with it. Ensure that there are only three pokemon in your party, with gyrados and the desired pokemon holding onto items you wish to duplicate. The final pokemon should be a pokemon you do not care about, because if shit hits fan, this one will be corrupted.

Step 3. Deposit both the gyrados and desired pokemon into an empty box. Cloning two pokemon at the same time is much more efficient and is basically the only way to get this to work. Exit the pc and make your character face left. Save the game and a 1/2 second after it says "dont turn the power off" turn the game off.

Step 4. Turn the game back on. If your character is facing left, then you turned the game off too late. If your character is facing forward, then you either did it right or you turned the game off too early. Either way, by looking at the alignment of the character, you can time the cloning better. Getting the timing right can drastically reduce the time it takes to complete this glitch.

Step 5. Check the pc. If you have a set of shiny gyrados and desired pokemon(ill refer to this as the 'target') in both the PC and your party then you have completed the first step of the glitch. It is recommended that you set aside a perfect copy of your two cloning pokemon in case something goes wrong. If you set aside a perfect copy of your pokemon in a different box, repeat the previous few steps until you have another cloned pair of pokemon.

Step 6. Put the cloned pair from your box in your party. The order of your party should now be: A low leveled disposable pokemon, and then two pairs of clones. It is important that the clones dont get out of the alternating order; ie A, B , A, B.

Step 7. Repeat the saving process for these four clones. After the saving process is complete there should be 8 clones in both your party and your box. Then repeat the process three more times until you have 20 total clones. Deposit the four clones in your party into the box to completely fill it up.

Step 8. Now exit the pc and face left just as should have been done for the previous clonings. Save the game but now turn the system off about 1/4 of a second after you read "dont turn off the power". This is the trickiest part. It usually takes around 5 or six tries to get the timing right, but it gets easier with practice. You will know it is successful by:

A( happens nearly every time). The names of the pokemon are switched

B (This is the second most common). The the sprites are switched, but the moves remain the same

C. The moves are switched

D. The ivs of them are switched

Step 9.

The way you can differentiate between option B and D is by giving the pokemon to the day care people. If it retains its shinyness, then it is a genuine and the ivs are switched. If it changes back to its original form, then it is a sprite. If you got a sprite then dont despair. The pokemon can still learn the same moves its sprite learns either by leveling or tm. This is what allows you to give any pokemon any move. I suggest doing this glitch with a smeargle because with sketch, you can easily give your pokemon great moves.

Anyways, thats the gist of it. If there are any questions i will try to answer.

1/2 second after the whole phrase has been loaded. Its the same cloning glitch that is currently on the bulbapedia glitch list. This is just repeating it so much that the system data for the box gets switched around.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom