• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

i was wondering and im not sure if this has been brought up already, sorry if it has but why is there such a big time gab between posting, not allowing you to post again after god knows how long ?

now it is technically probably not that long, i get that
but still, it is annoying and i am sure i am not the only one who thinks this :p
not a lot of forums have this and if they do, it is like 10 secs or something
your time is longer which makes me want to post less
and yes im a quick poster because i go into more than one thread at a time

anybody feel me here or is it just me who finds it annoying and unnecessary?

thank you :)

I don't think I've ever seen a forum that does not have this. It's good spam prevention, even if it's longer than what other forums have.

How long is it if I may ask? If it's longer than 40 seconds I think I agree that it should be turned down a bit, but not removed altogether.

It's one minute of waiting, at times does make it frustrating when posting in various games, would be best if was between 15 and 30 seconds of waiting, full a minute is too much, at least reduced for certain members who been long on Bulba.

In many of the games is the reason I get ninja'd too much, makes it annoying in them, then I have to go edit my post all the time. In a way I spend more time editing then replying.

I've had problems with that before. A full minute of waiting is just ridiculous, especially since I'm definitely not a spambot.

Okay first and foremost. This was originally posted in Bulbawiki help forum before I just moved into the the General Xenforo/Issues thread. So l do not want to see an argument brewing from this. It was rightly pointed out and it was moved. Keep it to what the issue you have regarding time of posting.

> For blogs, is it possible to bring back a quote option? It's not a huge problem but is rather pesky to have to copy/paste posts and add the quote tags evertime. Not sure if this would have to be fixed to the add-on itself though.

Another idea behind the minute wait time is for users to think about their posts rather than make as many posts as they possibly can. Well, technically I don't know if it's an intention or not but I like to believe so. It might be a good worth seeing if it can be reduced a little in some sections like Fun and Games and Post Count however.

My question is, is it possible to have the old smilies from the last forum, like the various Pokemon? I was really disappointed when I realized that they weren't here.
I would imagine that the images are saved somewhere, though I'm not sure if it's possible for us to bring them back as a function like it was on vB. @Kogoro and @Archiac would know more than I though.

I've noticed that in the blog section, every single blog's date is listed as whatever today is (I.e., Sept. 9, 2016). Has this been reported?
Unfortunately that's an issue with the blog add-on and isn't something we can fix. Not sure how soon/if it will get fixed. :\

@Max1996 The section it's in (Post Count++) is a section where users commonly post rapidly as the threads don't require much thought, so it's very likely to see that in the sub-forum. I myself post like that sometimes as well!

tl;dr, nope, not a glitch. :)

Hopefully this is the right place to report this unlike last time

I've noticed that the link in the description of the Pokemon Ultra RPG forum leads to an error message stating that the thread is not found.

Can someone get rid of the annoying as hell Tapatalk ads that appear on mobile?

Last edited:
Also, for mobile users, is it normal that discord website won't let is open ANY conversation at all till we install the discord app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom