• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to remove the border around our avatars?

Not sure if this has been discussed already (sorry!) but what is the reason for the "Likes Received" and "Trophy Points" being listed under our avatars? There's just something about the fact that each of our "likeability" is listed under us that makes me squirm. And not sure what the purpose of trophy points is in the first place when our post count and likes are anyway listed (and I think that these are the only two components of trophy points?)

On the old forum, we were allowed to have profile pictures as well as avatars. The profile pictures were only visible in the blogs section and when you clicked on user profiles. Will profile pictures not be coming back?

Also, sorry to be really buggy about this, but is there any update on changing the 1-minute limit between posts to 30 seconds, or to remove the restriction entirely?

While vBulletin offered Avatars and Profile Pictures, XenForo has bundled them together as a single Avatar. Profile Pictures will most likely not be returning to the forums.

No update yet on the posting time limit. The new forums have only been live for a couple of months, so we're still gauging spam activity and effectiveness of our various anti-spam measures.

is there any way to re-enable sig pics?
especially since I never saved mine on my computer.

Images that were uploaded to the old forums are generally unavailable. Sorry about that.

Is it possible to remove the border around our avatars?

It may be possible, but it would be a global change if it were to be done. We can look into it, but we make no guarantees that it can be done or even if it will be done.

Not sure if this has been discussed already (sorry!) but what is the reason for the "Likes Received" and "Trophy Points" being listed under our avatars? There's just something about the fact that each of our "likeability" is listed under us that makes me squirm. And not sure what the purpose of trophy points is in the first place when our post count and likes are anyway listed (and I think that these are the only two components of trophy points?)

They're just general statistics that can prove to be interesting little tidbits. I wouldn't really consider the Likes Received to be a measure of likeability, since individuals with a large number of posts will generally have a higher number of likes to someone who has a small number of posts. Additionally, the old forums listed both "Likes Given" and "Likes Received" in the same location, placed under an expandable button.

As for Trophy Points, they're an interesting little system that comes with the XenForo package and we think it could prove to offer some new types of fun to the BMGf. We have some ideas on additional ways to use them, but the current (and default) Trophies are based solely on post and like numbers. Keep your eye out for additional Trophy types, since we will be adding more that aren't related to number of posts or likes.

Ok, for some reason I can't post in Conversations about anything of any length. Specifically I'm trying to post 300 words copy-pasted in, and all I'm getting is the loading bar rippling for a while, and nothing happening

Ok, for some reason I can't post in Conversations about anything of any length. Specifically I'm trying to post 300 words copy-pasted in, and all I'm getting is the loading bar rippling for a while, and nothing happening

Just tested this by sending a 320 word (1784 character) message to another staff member, and it went through with no issues. I'm inclined to believe that you're having a connection issue with the server, causing the message sending to time out.

If I edit a post, and mention someone in that edit, the mention doesn't seem to work.

Like this: @Archaic

Ok, hate to be pain with raising this again, but I'm getting a similar issue with posts now. 200-odd words/1,500 characters and I can't post it, that's really restrictive. If there's nothing that can be done about it, well, that's it, but any insights here at all?

EDIT: Ok, seems to be a problem on my end. Apparently switching internet connections solves the problem

Last edited:
Any ETA on when usergroups/permission groups will be fixed? I am a member of the text RPG Fizzy Bubbles, many parts of which are exclusive to the BMG branch. It's hard to participate when I don't have posting permissions, nor can the mods give them to me. I understand that this is a minority issue however.

Cheers.

If I edit a post, and mention someone in that edit, the mention doesn't seem to work.

Like this: @Archaic
I believe that was an issue on the old forums as well. IIRC, they should work, but it's delayed, and depends on the user in question having not already read that post (or having another relevant notification for the same thread).

Any ETA on when usergroups/permission groups will be fixed? I am a member of the text RPG Fizzy Bubbles, many parts of which are exclusive to the BMG branch. It's hard to participate when I don't have posting permissions, nor can the mods give them to me. I understand that this is a minority issue however.

Cheers.
If it wasn't for my home flooding earlier this week, it'd already be fixed. As things currently stand, it's probably going to be done next week, around the same time I handle sending out contest prizes.

Are my old blog posts gone forever or can I restore them?
There's currently no way to restore them. We will be trying to provide a way to do that in the near future. It's something I'd wanted to try and have ready this month, but that didn't prove possible due to a few unexpected issues (including the aforementioned home flooding).

If it wasn't for my home flooding earlier this week, it'd already be fixed. As things currently stand, it's probably going to be done next week, around the same time I handle sending out contest prizes.

Sorry to hear about your home. The weather around Aus has just been fabulous hey. (In Sydney we just had 38 degree weather and a freak thunderstorm.) Anyway, thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear about your home. The weather around Aus has just been fabulous hey. (In Sydney we just had 38 degree weather and a freak thunderstorm.) Anyway, thanks for the update.
I'd be a little less frustrated if it was from the weather, but it was actually a plumbing issue. Toilet cistern fell off the wall in the middle of the night. And since my wife and I were overseas for summer...

I'd be a little less frustrated if it was from the weather, but it was actually a plumbing issue. Toilet cistern fell off the wall in the middle of the night. And since my wife and I were overseas for summer...

Ooft. Okay then.

My post count seems to increase randomly. Several others have reported that error as well. There was one time when mine went from about 1400 to about 1600, and recently it went from about 1725 to about 1785. Why is that?

Is there any way to increase the amount of time you have to edit a PM or just get rid of it altogether? It's a completely stupid restriction to begin with that I don't understand, honestly, and 5 minutes is way too short a time anyway. Had to just now awkwardly split a PM into two parts just because of a combination of this and XF completely choking on some formatting have no idea how that happened...), and had minor troubles with it in the past.

Last edited:
There are still issues with mentions. Specifically, I've been mentioning all the players in my mafia game, but not everybody has been receiving the notifications.
Specific examples are IGN and Kakashi Hatake.

I don't know if this was brought up recently, or if this is being worked on, so forgive me if you have already answered this.

It turns out that posts in threads that get archived in F&G now count towards your post count.

Is there any way to increase the amount of time you have to edit a VM or just get rid of it altogether? It's a completely stupid restriction to begin with that I don't understand, honestly, and 5 minutes is way too short a time anyway. Had to just now awkwardly split a VM into two parts just because of a combination of this and XF completely choking on some formatting have no idea how that happened...), and had minor troubles with it in the past.

Same with PMs? I like the idea of PM threads being actual forum threads that are simply private instead of how VB did it, but they are only editable for a short period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom