• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Of course I would treat my dog well and groom him," Elle remarked.

"Not a big fan of wartime speeches," Winter responded. "Let them duke it out in there and hope for the best in the aftermath, you know?"

----

After Merlin's speech, the conversation took a darker turn. Summer's light outburst garnered the attention of one of the more... conservative individuals.

"With all due respect, I believe the words of a... deposed family should be wiped clean from the records," he stated. "She dishonors what we stand for."

Summer glared at the man for a long moment before simply chuckling. "If anything, you should be asking me to say more. Given that my relatives went down the road you're all seeming to consider and well... deposed family is putting the end result rather nicely." She said with a bright smile before looking towards Merlin. She bowed to him very slightly before turning away. "I can read a room as well as anybody, and I can tell it's time for me to make my leave." With that, she walked off.

Felicity's lips quirked somewhat. A smile of sorts. "Nothing gets done anyway," she said, kneeling down to pet Twix. "They all fight like stubborn kids."

"Lumi." With the simple utterance of his name, the eagle owl silently soared out of the meeting room, gently landing on Kotori's beckoning hand. "That meeting of theirs is getting nowhere." The young girl scowled under the hood, both owly brothers watching Summer's retreat.

"Stubborn kids with the authority to level kingdoms; the worst kind," Winter responded. She looked to Twix with a small smile. "Poor thing, you don't need to be exposed to all this madness."

-----

The dismissal of Summer's word did not go unnoticed by Merlin. He offered a glance to the mage who derided her, and made a mental note to deal with it later.

"Anything else that needs to be said?" One of Merlin's attendants asked of the council. There seemed to be some conversation among themselves before a verdict seemed to be reached.

A near 50/50 split on the validity of the treaty.

The elder mage had prepared for this, it seemed. "Then if we are to remain steadfast to our laws, the treaty will be put into Armistice Seven. Local adherence to the law of the treaty will not be enforced," he stated. "So it is decreed under the stars of the Patrons."

With a tap of his stave, it was made so.

Now, the floodgates were opening. News would reach the outside quickly, with those within the courtyards or otherwise having some sort of ear open being informed to the state of the treaty.

Felicity laughed. "Someone who gets it. I'm Felicity by the way," she said. Twix ran up to Winner and jumped up at her, clearly excited to be meeting someone new. She wanted a pet. "This is Twix."

Winter bent down to rub the pupper. "Aw, she's so adorable~ The cutest little slice of pie I've ever seen," she said. Still petting Twix, she looked back to Felicity. "I'm Winter. Good to meet you, Felicity."

"That's that, I suppose... Maman won't be happy. I don't know why she doesn't just send someone else here, though. Regardless of the family's infamy, it's not as if our opinion would actually matter.." Kotori shook her head in exasperation, and wondered, with a passing thought, if she could just disappear for a moment without anyone caring.

Entertaining the notion itself seemed absurd, but it was morbidly amusing in its own right.

"Would be nice if I could become one of the shadows our family is so famous for, you know?" The blind girl sighed again, leaning against the wall.

Winter smiled a bit. "From what I see, you definitely are," she responded to Felicity.

----

In the courtyard, an uproar began following the news. "Ya hear that? We don't gotta follow that dumb treaty no more," a male said. "It ain't got nothin' to do with us."

A group of males started to cheer, then they turned to the nearest group. "Meaning, we ain't doin' nothing wrong if we fuck some shit up, right?" Then, without another word, a fist was swung that hit another male's face from a separate group. The punch was thrown back, and the assailant's friends decided to all join in attacking the boy.

That boy's friends were incensed and joined in the fight. Soon enough, a brawl broke out between the two. A group of six and a group of five; eleven people fighting, and the news hadn't even been revealed for ten minutes.

Felicity only laughed in response. "What a charmer," she commented, smiling somewhat. She then reached down to pick up Twix, holding the small Dachshund in her arms.

Victor heard the announcement about the laws of the treaty not being enforced, at first he was a bit confused about what this would mean, but that all went away as soon as he heard people beginning to fight not too far away. "What the fuck?" he said in shock, it was actually something that made him want to laugh with how quickly people had gotten nuts over the news. "We should probably head inside the building," he said towards Elle, his face becoming serious. "Wouldn't want to get caught between these people's pissing contest."

"I'm Elle," she replied calmly, "Ehh, I'm not going to move just because they can't handle themselves."

Ares had been in the courtyard being his family was unknown. Hell he didn't even know about the whole history and he didn't care now or ever. The detective did though. And she wasn't going to like this. He did though. He wanted to get in the fighting and knock the idiots around for the act of idiocy. The detective would scold him though and he didn't feel like dealing with that.

Bella couldn't believe the result. After so many years of peace they now wanted to basically start a war. And Merlin himself wasn't that great. Light and Dark wouldn't agree? That was completely false. She was light and was friends with dark. Granted she was constantly trying to put him in jail, but that was her job. This whole situation however was ridiculous and became more so when she exited the room and heard the fighting.

It wasn't hard to find Ares in his black garb and tall height. She was surprised he wasn't fighting, but was also happy. "Can I kick their asses?" He asked the moment she walked up to them.

"No. Last thing we need is for you to accidentally kill one and forever trap their soul."

"There is no true evidence that that occurs."

She didn't bother responding. She had just formed an idea to stop at least some of the ridiculously brawling and she was just irritated enough to do it. Taking out her special revolver she changed the bullets to some blanks and some real, and then fired it off three times into the air.

Summer heard the gunshots but she didn't smell the requisite gunpowder. As a master of pyrotechnics, it was her element to know these things. "Wonder why that's the case. Blanks or some other modification... interesting." She mused as she left the scene. She'd already brought more attention onto herself than she planned. As she left, she noticed a girl holding a dachshund in her arms. Summer smiled as she walked over. "Who's a good boy?" She cooed as she leaned over and booped the snoot. The fire mage smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I couldn't resist."

"I felt the same way," Winter responded to Summer.

---

No one minded or cared about the gunshots. The fight simply continued as per normal.

In fact, it simply began to escalate as more and more people were pulled into the brawl. Soon enough, a blast of magical energy was lobbed through the air, and an explosion occurred that sent a flew people tumbling backwards. Some retaliatory shots were fired, which went wildly in different directions.

---

One of those shots were aimed at Summer, Winter, and Felicity who stood farther away. Turning on her heel, Winter created a gale of wind energy, countering it before it could hit. It was redirected, being sent back into the crowd.

"Why in the..." She noticed a few heads turn in her directions. They weren't happy. Guess people couldn't handle bad news. "We... might be in for a fight, now."

Another stray bolt of energy was thrown at Elle and Vincent.

Yet another was aimed, this time deliberately, at Ares and Bella.

"Then we move," Elle replied simply, "How hard is it to move?" when she saw the bolt coming towards her, she picked up Beau and started running. "Okay, now we move! The precious must be protected!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom