• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Gladiator (2000 film) Mafia - ENDGAME - Commodus's Reign - MAFIA VICTORY

Status
Not open for further replies.
The player that becomes Vanilla might decide to hide the role that the Mafia Vanillized, so the Mafia’s Rolecop would counter such a thing. Additionally, the player is not permanently Vanillized because if the Vannilizer died, then they would get their original role back, even if they did not know this.

If I made Publicizer a Cop, and Death Delayer a Doctor, then they would be automatically cleared as per Bulbagarden’s forum meta and the game would become a claim game. Publicizing a Cop check is overpowered, so the delay and temporary decreased vote power amends this power imbalance. Death Delayer is a guaranteed death delay for the entire game, which doctor does not provide. I believe that also taking into account the other roles in the game and the Publicizer and Death Delayer’s own unique strengths and weaknesses compared to their role’s traditional versions, that ultimately they were balanced while also not being too obvious; and they could even be countered with the Mafia’s own role and the Beloved.

I did not read the game after I subbed out and I'll have a look at it maybe next week.

1. What did you think of the game? Did you enjoy it?
Sadly, I did not have fun. It was these tinfoils I was seeing so much I did not like that I was seeing in the game. Tinfoils is mostly the cause of town losing just from my experience. The moment I was suspected for being a milleriser I knew town was going to lose and it looked like a lost cause. Once in a while I will tinfoil and my tinfoils don't turn out on influencing the game which is a good thing.
2. What did you think of name claims being hidden and revealed until death?
I did not mind the name claims being hidden and revealed until death.
3. What did you think of the balance of the game?

This setup looks scum sided. I'll just talk about my role from what I noticed and pretty much my role would only be able to catch one scum if targeting the right scum and I noticed Space was the godfather who I had as a possible check target. I think if I did target Space she would have been getting town read on day 3. Either way, targeting Ex or Space would have both been sending town to their doom.
4. Is there anything else you feel I could have or should have done?

I think it was just the balancing of the roles.

Sadly, I did not have fun. It was these tinfoils I was seeing so much I did not like that I was seeing in the game. Tinfoils is mostly the cause of town losing just from my experience. The moment I was suspected for being a milleriser I knew town was going to lose and it looked like a lost cause. Once in a while I will tinfoil and my tinfoils don't turn out on influencing the game which is a good thing.
Sorry on that one, half of it was me and the rest was Ex missing that the miller was part of his role, he brought up the idea of milleriser in the first place :(

HD basically wanted temporary Godfathers and Millers, and the latter to not be insta-claimable, but the end result was this. For mafia it was clear immediately, for town not as much.

@Jinjo your N1 check on ExLight was perfect as he flipped Town. It’s the tracking on you and vannilizing on ExLight and perceived framer that made you really unlucky. I did not even think of such a scenario ever happening because of how incredibly low the odds of it happening are, with the Miller being interpreted as a Framer not even crossing my mind.

There was also an Innocent Child in the set up who would not necessarily have to use their role to prove themselves and become 0.5x, but they died first. A DawningWinds nightkill would have even resulted in two guaranteed Day phases for town, but this role was claimed and even lynched. If Publicizer was used and Beloved was killed in the same night, the result would come out after the 1st Day Phase of the Beloved’s death if both the Publicizer and chosen player were not lynched.

Yeah so many things swinged badly for town :( Jinjo checking the Miller who was un-millered by vanillise might have been THE only good one.

Yeah so many things swinged badly for town :( Jinjo checking the Miller who was un-millered by vanillise might have been THE only good one.
He was going to flip Town anyway as the result in Day 3 is based on ExLight of when he was not yet a Miller in N1.

@Zexy @ExLight When you see I’m town I expect you to profusely apologize and beg for my forgiveness. :)

Especially you Zexy. When will you learn about me :(
@Zexy @ExLight

Also ExLight, READ BRUH! Half of town’s mishaps could have been avoided if you just read what human said. And then you went gung-ho on trying to lynch our cop and doc! Wtf man.

Great job mafia, especially Jamie! Town deserves this loss, the sheer amount of mistakes on towns side is embarrassing. Even if we had lynched Space, we never would have lynched Jamie I don’t think.

Thanks for hosting Human!

Yeah, huge sorry, Mido, I was single-handedly about 50% of the reason we lost, maybe a bit more, maybe less, debatable. But close to that. Which is bad when you are one of 8 town.

Scum game here was somehow near-perfect aside of Space being everyone's #3 scum read all game (yet never acted on) and Jamie vanllising the miller who was also copped.

Gotta agree Mido had it together the most out of the town actives and was suspected way too much for it :(
She was the only one to make a really decent Jamie case after his claim change.

Also ExLight, READ BRUH! Half of town’s mishaps could have been avoided if you just read what human said.
I know :cry: :cry:

@Zexy @ExLight When you see I’m town I expect you to profusely apologize and beg for my forgiveness. :)
A1DCF513-6257-4514-92E0-98BD59907927.gif

Yeah, huge sorry, Mido, I was single-handedly about 50% of the reason we lost, maybe a bit more, maybe less, debatable. But close to that. Which is bad when you are one of 8 town.

Scum game here was somehow near-perfect aside of Space being everyone's #3 scum read all game (yet never acted on) and Jamie vanllising the miller who was also copped.
Less than 50%. You actually were open to different ideas and considered stuff. You do gotta stop with the tinfoil theories though. They are always wrong. Three games of it man. Three games!

FT UPDATED
. and i kinda liked that i got commodus, ngl. yes i have shit taste
Commodus is definitely the twisted evil type. I would actually compare him to the main villain of Case 4 of Justice for All from Ace Attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom