• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global event failure

So it seems the goal of the next Global Mission is going to be to trade a lot of Pokémon over the GTS.

HAHAHA! Haha... ha... ....

... oh, you weren't kidding. ^<__<^;; I'm starting to wonder if whoever is in charge of deciding what the global missions are is not just constantly high and/or drunk.

Actually I can see the logic behind this one. Bank just updated and a lot of people would have transferred pokemon over from every other generation but 2 (and even Gen 2 mons are available due to distribution in the rest). Which means there will be trainers looking to use it to get the pokemon not in Alola for one reason or another.

Problem is, the Primary reason for this, the National Dex, is not in game and is locked away in bank, with its reward being obtained with half the effort. And the GTS still leaves a lot to be desired, with the primary case being people asking for the impossible (a level 1-10 Mewtwo for starters, or more commonly, a Diancie) or very greedy. (No Joey, your top percentage Ratata is not worth a Kyogre) trades. which means people might get turned off the concept.

While building a national living dex might still be desirable (after all, Stars and other games would have different line ups and there are other advantages beyond the Shiny Charm) it would be limited to people that have Bank already for that.

Last edited:
Maybe if they set it up so that when a GTS trade gets made, the person searching it gets +1pt while the person who deposited it gets +2 points? Some incentive for people to actually post decent offers.

One of the biggest problems is the timing of these events. They set out an event so early on after the games came out that a lot of people were still probably finishing up the storyline. There's also the issue of how they're setting the goals so high when people are still getting the games and experiencing them for themselves.

And then there's the Festival Plaza, which is kind of tricky to enter a mission compared to the PSS. The prizes are good and useful, but I've basically lost interest in the Festival Plaza once I found out that the EV resetting meals wouldn't work with Pokemon at maximum friendship. I was spending a lot of time trying to improve the Festival Plaza only to be disappointed in it. I'd say that they'd need to reduce the goals a bit at least to see if that would help with the missions being a success.
If that's the case, why not simply use a few of those healing herbs on that Pokemon first? You know, the cheap ones that Pokemon hate? That'll reduce its friendship value.

If that's the case, why not simply use a few of those healing herbs on that Pokemon first? You know, the cheap ones that Pokemon hate? That'll reduce its friendship value.

I didn't consider that, but I'd feel kind of bad lowering the friendship value of my Pokemon at the same time. I could try to do that to make use of the feature, but I already have the EV training items that I need for my Sun team anyway.

The first two events, life were in the way. I have obligations outside of Pokemon, after all.

GTS... No. Not unless they just purge the system of all existing trades. That's pretty much a garbage can, from the few times I've tried to use it.

Pokémon Global Link News-ポケモングローバルリンク インフォメーション
Dang Game Freak. People are just gonna trade Magikarp for Arceus now. Sure does fix the issue (sarcasm).

I just do the Global events just to 1. Get free FC and 2. In case of success, get even more FC and 3. Participate, so I can help reach the goal and get FC. Pretty much the reason is to get FC.

This one CAN work if the player makes the sensible trade. Back when I was trying to stay invested in Sun, I spent all my time in Vast Poni Canyon catching tons of Boldore and then sending them to the GTS for all those utterly hard to get Alola 'mons and other Pokes since I couldn't be bothered to try and catch them myself.

It may have taken a day or so for some of the tougher requests but I got them within an hour or two otherwise. I got what I wanted and others got a two for one trade deal. We all won.

However, I got no interest in this. So good luck guys.

The GTS Global Mission just got more interesting: if you're a member of Global Link, you get five Rare Candies if you trade five or more times. Guess they're trying their best now to get everyone to participate, it definitely works for me :p

Also, the goal is to trade 1,000,000 Pokémon, but if we make it to 2,000,000 everyone gets a Friend Ball as a bonus. Don't think that's enough of a bonus to motivate people extra though, would've worked better if the prize was the whole set of Apricorn Balls.

I do hope we at least reach the goal this time, cause 4,000 FC would be very welcome indeed.

Possibility of receiving 4k FC, 5 Rare Candies, and if we somehow make to 2k, a Friend ball? Welp, now I know what I'll be doing until February 14th...

In case you didn't figure out, it will be trading on the GTS a lot.

Well, the event is actually off to a really good start - 200k and counting. I bet enough people realize that you need to post relatively easy trades for this. (And maybe it might just clean up SOME of the GTS's older clutter in the process.)

Besides, even if the event doesn't go well, at least all that trading means you have better odds at the Loto-ID center, right?

I heard that people are asking Pikipek for Pikipek just for the sake of trading. This should make this a lot more easier

r/pokemon seems to have revived the Magnemite Coil tactic from Gen 5

I did some GTS surfing and I saw a large number of Rockruffs ... in Moon Balls.

I also snagged a shiny Jolteon for the asking price of a simple Gastly -- partly in disbelief. But the OT on his summary page heavily implied he was a hack, so . . . had to euthanize him. Yes I did consider donating him to the WT first, but...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom