• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global event failure

The GTS has provided me an opportunity to get some nice Pokemon that I won't normally get. For example, I easily got Cryogonal, Ferroseed, Seedot, Chimchar and Turtwig without much hassle. I hope that within this period, I could get pretty much what I need, though I won't hold my hopes on Pokemon with their Hidden Ability.

Thanks for reading.

Traded five pokemon. The best trade imo was a Moon Ball Eevee asking for a Joltik. I had transferred over one a few days ago, so I sent it over.

The event started on the 31th. Today, on the 2nd of February, with more than one week left for the end, is already at 680k.
If it continues like that, Nintendo is going to have to create a bonus reward for 4kk...
And I'm okay with that 8D

Since the Magnemite Coil isn;'t working out for me, I decided to trade for Minchino (specifically with Skill Link), I wound up with a Luxury Ball one before the HA one and embarked in the most complex breeding job I ever did.

Now I'm gunning for missing Vivillon patterns and maybe high IV foreign Ditto non-yellow Minior. Using the Minchino from said breeding job

The first goal is reached! :D On to a bonus Friend Ball we go!

Though since it's again only one I would probably never use it ^^; But that load of FC is definitely welcome, now I can go and get that Rate Kitchen so leveling up is less of a pain.

Let's hope GF learns from this and hands out more bonuses with the next missions.

Aaaand now we will receive a Friend Ball on the 14th 8D
On our way to 3kk and get... hum... Something else? I'm going to hope they make some cool reward if we get to 3kk and triple the goal.
Like Brazil's last president (now impeached) said: Let's make a goal. When we reach the goal, we double the goal. And when we reach that, let's double the goal again.
I'm not sure what she meant by that, but anyway...

Aaaand now we will receive a Friend Ball on the 14th 8D
On our way to 3kk and get... hum... Something else? I'm going to hope they make some cool reward if we get to 3kk and triple the goal.
Like Brazil's last president (now impeached) said: Let's make a goal. When we reach the goal, we double the goal. And when we reach that, let's double the goal again.
I'm not sure what she meant by that, but anyway...

She meant you should always strive to be better and never rest your laurels on being good enough.

And, congrats to those who accomplished the Friend Ball!

Quadrupled the target number, lol nice work chaps

Well, now that I more or less finished my Shinx breeding project, time to surf the GTS before the event is over.

Somebody put up a Luray asking for any old Shinx (seriously!?), so I gave them one of mine (HA + Moon Ball + egg moves). Then I promptly traded him off for an Alolan Vulpix elsewhere on the GTS, because I'm not giving up my Beast ball Luxray for anything.

Great that we're getting the prizes. Congrats to everyone.

The next event is collecting BP from the Battle Tree. Personally, I don't feel like dragging myself through the Hax/Lag Tree unless the prize is good (Moon Ball plz Moon Ball)

The problem with these Global Events is that, not only do they set the bar way too high, but they overestimate the power of the wi-fi avenue thing. Face it, the avenue is a complete downgrade of the far superior PSS, which, as I feel, should've been left intact. I get they wanted to make it similar to Join Avenue so that people can get bonus goodies, but the place itself is a chore, let alone having it "host" these Global Event missions. Maybe if the avenue thing was more a bonus, like it was in B2W2, and they made the PSS the main deal, it would work better. But they didn't, which is the problem. Sure, it grants free FCs, BP and such, but those a small rewards for the time, effort, and overall tedious work needed to get through the events. It's why I don't bother with them, no matter what the prize, as it's too much work for not enough reward, and dealing with the wi-fi avenue thing itself is bothersome. Maybe next time they do something like this (like maybe on the Switch or the 3DS's successor, whichever of those becomes the case), then maybe they'll learn from this and make the process smoother and more refined, with something like Join Avenue as an added bonus to complement the gathered FCs and such, again like B2W2. Gotta give Gen V props, as even with an aging system, they still did a heck of a job with Unova as a whole and its bonus features that worked with wi-fi.

The problem with these Global Events is that, not only do they set the bar way too high, but they overestimate the power of the wi-fi avenue thing. Face it, the avenue is a complete downgrade of the far superior PSS, which, as I feel, should've been left intact. I get they wanted to make it similar to Join Avenue so that people can get bonus goodies, but the place itself is a chore, let alone having it "host" these Global Event missions. Maybe if the avenue thing was more a bonus, like it was in B2W2, and they made the PSS the main deal, it would work better. But they didn't, which is the problem. Sure, it grants free FCs, BP and such, but those a small rewards for the time, effort, and overall tedious work needed to get through the events. It's why I don't bother with them, no matter what the prize, as it's too much work for not enough reward, and dealing with the wi-fi avenue thing itself is bothersome. Maybe next time they do something like this (like maybe on the Switch or the 3DS's successor, whichever of those becomes the case), then maybe they'll learn from this and make the process smoother and more refined, with something like Join Avenue as an added bonus to complement the gathered FCs and such, again like B2W2. Gotta give Gen V props, as even with an aging system, they still did a heck of a job with Unova as a whole and its bonus features that worked with wi-fi.
But we just destroyed a Global Mission, with 4 million trades vs 1 million needed, and the next one seems kinda easy, too.

But we just destroyed a Global Mission, with 4 million trades vs 1 million needed, and the next one seems kinda easy, too.

Even so, if we still use this system, it'll be a chore at best. Besides, trades are easier than QR code stuff, since it uses an older and still-effective method that was put into play years ago. They did learn a bit, seeing how the trading goal was more "realistic" compared to the first one, which should've been implemented at day 1 instead of when everyone finished the main playthrough. But the point is that these Global missions need to have more realistic goals and use a better system. The last one was more realistic, as it used a system for trading that's been in play for a very long time, not something brand new yet flawed like QR codes, which was part of the first mission's downfall. My point is that they need to set the goal to a level that EVERYONE can work with, not something that only the hardest of the hardcore can achieve. The next challenge isn't as easy as you think, as the Battle Tree requires competitively trained Mons in order to survive, which pretty much kicks out every causal player. If you use competitively bred killing machines, then you'll be fine, but if you're using everyday Mons, then you're as good as roadkill. If they want players to be encouraged to partake in these things, they need realistic goals that anyone can achieve, not select groups in the fandom, like competitive players or hardcore collectors. That's what I mean.

^ Yeah, this is why I'm out for the next one. I wouldn't call myself a "casual" gamer in general, but Pokemon is what I play to take a break from the other stuff. Not to rag on people who are obsessed with EVs and IVs and all this stuff, cause everyone's different and I like that everyone's different and likes different things, but that's just not me. At least not with Pokemon. My first experience with the Battle Tree was cake-walking my way through the battle with Blue and handing him his ass, and then immediately being served a metric crapton of humble pie as a lowly office worker handed me my ass on a silver platter with "LOLOLOL" written in spraypaint all around the rim.

Even so, if we still use this system, it'll be a chore at best. Besides, trades are easier than QR code stuff, since it uses an older and still-effective method that was put into play years ago. They did learn a bit, seeing how the trading goal was more "realistic" compared to the first one, which should've been implemented at day 1 instead of when everyone finished the main playthrough. But the point is that these Global missions need to have more realistic goals and use a better system. The last one was more realistic, as it used a system for trading that's been in play for a very long time, not something brand new yet flawed like QR codes, which was part of the first mission's downfall. My point is that they need to set the goal to a level that EVERYONE can work with, not something that only the hardest of the hardcore can achieve. The next challenge isn't as easy as you think, as the Battle Tree requires competitively trained Mons in order to survive, which pretty much kicks out every causal player. If you use competitively bred killing machines, then you'll be fine, but if you're using everyday Mons, then you're as good as roadkill. If they want players to be encouraged to partake in these things, they need realistic goals that anyone can achieve, not select groups in the fandom, like competitive players or hardcore collectors. That's what I mean.
OK. I do agree that GF makes some outrageous Global missions, but I'm looking at the positives more and really just use these missions to farm FC (though funny enough this time I didn't sign up for the global mission because I was an idiot). Festival Plaza may be hated by some people, but I love it.

The next challenge isn't as easy as you think, as the Battle Tree requires competitively trained Mons in order to survive, which pretty much kicks out every causal player. If you use competitively bred killing machines, then you'll be fine, but if you're using everyday Mons, then you're as good as roadkill. If they want players to be encouraged to partake in these things, they need realistic goals that anyone can achieve, not select groups in the fandom, like competitive players or hardcore collectors. That's what I mean.

Well, at least you don't need to spend hours training up a team. As long as you use one of the top teams in the Global Link website, you're pretty much set. I never battled competitively before and yet I managed to blow through lots of battles with almost no trouble just by using the number 1 ranked team.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom