• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global event failure

I add like 1 for each event so that I can get all that free swag. That 4000 FC for doing one GTS trade, damn son

Did anyone here participate in the GTS global mission and traded less than 5 Pokémon? So you got the Friend Ball but not the 5 Rare Candies?

If someone did, can you tell me what the Wonder Card says when you redeem the code for the Friend Ball? If you've already redeemed the code, you can check the card in the card album option in Mystery Gift.

Sweet, the new global mission is even easier than the previous one. I was worried that maybe BP earned with rental teams wouldn't count, but they do. We are pretty much guaranteed to get the Heavy Ball.

Looks like they may have underestimated the goal for this one...

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/836645375398260736

Also, I don't know if it has been brought up here, but somebody pointed out to me that the text dump from the game seems to reveal what the remaining missions are. I'll cross out the ones that have already been held:

Catch a lot of Pokémon!
Trade Pokémon at the GTS!

Hatch a lot of Eggs!
Harvest Poké Beans!
Get high scores with your Poké Finder!
Find Pokémon using Island Scan!
Catch Crabrawler!
Defend your Champion title!
Fish Pokémon at rare spots!
Win Battle Royals!
Try your luck!
Get BP at the Battle Tree!

Catch as many wild Pokémon as possible during the mission period!
Trade as many Pokémon as possible at the GTS during the mission period!

Hatch as many Pokémon Eggs as possible during the mission period!
Harvest as many Poké Beans as possible on Poké Pelago during the mission period!
Take as many photos that exceed 10,000 points as possible with your Poké Finder!
Find as many Pokémon as possible using Island Scan!
Catch as many Crabrawler as possible! They’re hiding behind Berries!
Defend your Pokémon League Champion title as many times as possible during the mission period!
Find fishing spots with bubbles coming out, and fish as many Pokémon or items as possible during the mission period!
Win as many Master Rank Battle Royals as possible during the mission period!
Win as many lotos as possible at Festival Plaza and tourist bureaus during the mission period!
Earn as many Battle Points as possible at the Battle Tree during the mission period!

Pfffff we already made it?! Damn that's hilarious haha

And fun to know what the other missions are going to be, though they don't seem to be listed in order so we don't know which one's coming next.

My opinion on them:
I can see this ony become another guaranteed success, everyone's constantly breeding for competitives or shinies.

Harvest as many Poké Beans as possible on Poké Pelago during the mission period!
Poké Beans are so easy to get in large numbers, so probably again not a problem.

Take as many photos that exceed 10,000 points as possible with your Poké Finder!
Not so sure about this one, I don't think anyone's using the thing anymore and it wasn't the most popular feature. Can't remember if it was hard to take a picture with that many points though.

Also not sure about this one, no one needs/wants a box full of Crabrawler, it requires you to fly all over the region to find Berry piles and they only regenerate once a day I think. Don't think many people will be motivated enough for this, I sure ain't.

Defend your Pokémon League Champion title as many times as possible during the mission period!
This means having to go through the E4 multiple times, don't think a lot of people are up for that. Though it's one of the best and only ways to gain Exp. postgame, so could be a success anyway.

Find fishing spots with bubbles coming out, and fish as many Pokémon or items as possible during the mission period!
Probably gonna be a success, fishing's not very hard (especially at the bubbling spot at Seafolk) and both Pokémon and items count, so it's not too hard.

Another one I'm not sure about, there's been a lot of complaining about the Battle Royals and how unfair it seems with all AI players constantly ganging up on you. I've won about two Master Rank Royals but it's definitely not easy and not sure if a lot of people have the patience for that. It requires actually getting to the Master Rank too, another thing that's not too easy.

Win as many lotos as possible at Festival Plaza and tourist bureaus during the mission period!

Though it's easy to do, it can only be done once a day, so people would have to do this daily to make it a success. If the goal's low enough, this probably won't be a problem though.

I literally just got back from school, and saw that it was already past the goal. I'm actually surprised at how fast it was. Maybe we are actually trying for once?

Do they retain those Balls when moved from IV?
Yes. If you look around on the GTS, you can find Weedles on Park Balls, the ones for the Bug Catching Contest, for example. I think people didn't bother with the balls the mons were in because, when bred, they would just go on normal balls.

I literally just got back from school, and saw that it was already past the goal. I'm actually surprised at how fast it was. Maybe we are actually trying for once?
I'd like to say that yes, we are trying, but I can't. 250k BP? That is crazy low for something that, while may be a bit annoying, isn't that difficult, specially with Rental Teams existing. If I were GF/Nintendo, I'd put the goal to 1kk, would make people be like "oh man, that is a bit high, wonder if we will be able to do it". Not 250k, where the only thing people would be able to say is "oh man, I wonder if- Nevermind, it's done".

Do they retain those Balls when moved from IV?

I... assume so? Shit, you know what... *digs out copy of SS and B2* 'Scuse me for a moment...

... *throws rocks at PokeBank server that doesn't want to connect*

... well now that Bank isn't being stupid I transferred over a Ledyba, Murkrow, and Mightyena in Moon Balls from SS to Sun, so I'ma say yes. ^^;;

Got 120 points and counting guys go to smogons battle tree discussion they have a chart on all moves and the trainers Pokemon and some team suggestions

Also fought kiawe twice in a row when can I fight my bae Anabel so I can recruit her for doubles!

Catch a lot of Pokémon!
Trade Pokémon at the GTS!

Hatch a lot of Eggs!
Harvest Poké Beans!
Get high scores with your Poké Finder!
Find Pokémon using Island Scan!
Catch Crabrawler!
Defend your Champion title!
Fish Pokémon at rare spots!
Win Battle Royals!
Try your luck!
Get BP at the Battle Tree!

Catch as many wild Pokémon as possible during the mission period!
Trade as many Pokémon as possible at the GTS during the mission period!

Find as many Pokémon as possible using Island Scan!
Earn as many Battle Points as possible at the Battle Tree during the mission period!

Interesting. There are 7 Apricorn balls and 2 of them were already used for the missions. If we are lucky, Ipresume that would would get the remaning 5 from the following missions:

• Eggs
  • Beans
  • Fishing
  • Title Defense
  • And maybe Crabrawler or Lotteries.

The BP mission ends in 6 hours, and we've reached 15 million out of 250,000 BP. They hugely underestimated this one. I feel like this is due to the fact that you get a minimum of 2BP per win in super singles, and that the lack of postgame means that people now have nothing better to do than play the battle tree over and over again.

The newest Mission has been announced: Hatch a lot of Eggs!

Goal
: Hatch at least 200,000 Pokémon Eggs (bonus goal: 400,000+ Eggs)
Reward: 4,000 FC (2,000 for non-PGL members)
Reward bonus goal: Love Ball
Bonus reward: 5 Rare Candies (hatch at least 3 Eggs)

The newest Mission has been announced: Hatch a lot of Eggs!

Goal
: Hatch at least 200,000 Pokémon Eggs (bonus goal: 400,000+ Eggs)
Reward: 4,000 FC (2,000 for non-PGL members)
Reward bonus goal: Love Ball
Bonus reward: 5 Rare Candies (hatch at least 3 Eggs)
Oh nice. I was putting off Masuda Methoding for a while.

Yay. 200.000 eggs have to be hatched.
This mission will be soooo haaaard...
SERIOUSLY, NINTENDO/GAME FREAK? 200 THOUSAND? I CAN DO 1% OF THAT ALONE ON A WEEK! LET ALONE A FEW MILLION PEOPLE!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom