• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Good places to catch Pokemon

Reaction score
So I've been reading a lot of these threads and several people have mentioned hearing about good places to catch pokemon, or locations of nests, etc. I figure why not collect them all in one place so if several players live near eachother they can all benefit.

Mine is the University of Miami campus (Miami, FL, not like, Ohio or Oklahoma or whatevs other places have a Miami). I dunno if there's still a Dratini nest at the fountain on University Drive (near the Business Admin building and Merrick) but I've caught a bunch there back before the semester started (you know, back when I had time to do anything besides study and sleep ^T__T^ ). I do know that lots of people on campus have a Dragonite so take that as you will~

We also get a crapton of Magikarp in the same place, and also by the Cox science building. We also get a lot of Exeggcute, Venonat, Oddish, Psyduck, and Bellsprout, reasonable amounts of Nidoran M and F, Poliwags, and Slowpokes, and I've also caught Vulpix, Geodude, Growlithe, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Scyther, and Pinsir. I've also sighted Gastly and Snorlax several times but not had time to go find and catch them. I've also caught all three starters a few times on campus.

I'll be editing info about good spots in Athens, Greece in this post's spoiler. It will most probably not be of much use to anybody but you never really know.

Marina Floisvou and the park nearby is the best spot, with lots of Pokestops and people willing to put Lures on them every afternoon. Lots of wild Pokemon, a nest and some spawn points with more rare species (I got a Typhlosion there). There's a great diversity, and a few Dratini spawn points. The Gyms there are a bit hard to keep but you shouldn't be going there for the Gyms anyway.

Syntagma square is also great. The square has 3 Pokestops next to each other and 2 more close by, and there always tends to be at least one with a Lure, sometimes there are more, which makes it even better! Cafe Ethnikon nearby sure gets much more younger people these days. Rare species like Charizard occasionally appear there. It's good to get some of the more generic species before moving to more "exotic" Water-types etc. in Marina Floisvou.

The Mall Athens has lots of Pokemon stacked together (better than Syntagma if there aren't Lures up). It is easy to run out of Pokeballs if you catch too much though. I'd only suggest it very early in the game, the diversity is just too little afterwards.

We have a Discord server for organizing Raids. For any info about that/help with getting Raids done, or whatever else, just contact me privately :)

Last edited:
MN Zoo, Mall of America, MN Renn Fest, almost any of the big parks. The one closest to us has 5 gyms and 9 stops you can get from the road with 7 stops you have to walk further in for. That is only the South side of the park.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom