• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Gregor the Overlander Mafia-Endgame: Gnawers reign supreme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The natural Greek region is on and the same with the Final GamingSystem(ia). The table hosts full stops and sections of time. What do these mean? How do these relate to the imminent past, where one misguided others to steal their victory.

Icy milk and Weetbix maker are what they are... Their flavours... Or lack, thereof...
I'm not sure what this means, but I think you're alluding to... Percy Jackson Mafia?
Oh, vanilla. right.

I'm not sure what this means, but I think you're alluding to... Percy Jackson Mafia?
Oh, vanilla. right.

Even closer than that... A time just gone past where the Last of the Arcades manipulated the simple villagers. They are in the centre of the table. What are full stops?

Do you mean Zexy, since he is from Greece and Final Arcadia?

Table hosts? As in Periodic Table Hosts?

The Greek Natural Region shares the one body with the Last Arcade. Only one person fits.

You have discovered the period in time that I was alluding to. However, it is not the owners of this time that I refer to, but the Last Arcade.

Well guys let me just say I am playing this game haven't posted tho which is weird. I thought I would of posted sooner.
Either way I don't like elementar or how he is speaking right now. I'll give him a pass for now since we have this whole pika situation.
I might say we go for one of those today and shall things remain my vote would go for Jsach as the others seem to be contributing more and he didn't provide much with his post. Although I'm not one to talk, but then again I don't have a target on my head yet. (Which is great cause I wouldn't defend myself till now which would almost certainly of meant death.)

Apart from that cheffofgames has also contacted me and I see he contacted some of you as well.

Night 1: Fearsome Swatter Everyone Be.

Gregor flinched as more rotten egg water hit his hard hat. He looked back at Boots on his back, checking to make sure she was still doing well. Ripred had ordered them to go through a tunnel that stunk of rotten eggs, and was constantly leaking water. Thus they were all wet and stinky. Not to mention the bats couldn’t move in the tunnel so they were tied to the roaches backs. With each step, each drip of water, the group became more and more irritable. When they finally escaped from the tunnel and Ripred called for a break, they all breathed sighs of relief.

Henry and Luxa detached the bats from the Temp and Ticks backs, helping them to stretch out their wings. Gregor took Boots from the backpack, letting her run a little. Soon food was passed around and everyone ate silently. No one was happy as a result of the tunnel and thus no one cared to talk.

“Do we have to go through another tunnel like that?” Gregor asked as they prepared to leave again.

Ripred sniffed them, and then smiled. “Nope. You don’t smell anymore.”

The group looked at him in confusion. “What do you mean?” Luxa asked.

“You all stunk of human, spinner, so on. Rats would have found us too easily that way. Now that you smell like everything else here we can take the nice much more leisurely route.

Gregor stared dumbfounded. They suffered because of smell. Why couldn’t the Underland be obsessed with something that wasn’t how he smelled.

“Come on now. Move out!” Ripred ordered them all.

They had only been walking for a short time when they heard the noise of running. Luxa and Henry had been walking due to the ceiling being too low to ride their fliers. Immediately however the two had their swords out, their fliers also ready to help out. Ripred crouched into an attack stance, and even the bugs all took up stances, the roaches standing by Gregor to protect Boots.

Five rats came running towards them, Ripred easily taking out three in no time, the fliers and the cousins working against the other two until Ripred helped them out to kill them. Gregor stood with the bugs watching.

“Something be wrong,” Temp quivered.

Gregor however paid him no mind, he was too busy concentrating on the battle in front of him.

He should have paid mind to the roach though for at that moment another rat came from behind him. Its tail shot out, knocking him in the head, and thus onto the ground. It Temp and Tick moved to attack while Boots began crying and shouting. “No hitting! No hitting!”

They didn’t last long. Tick was knocked away, and Temp…Temp was put to sleep with a swipe of the rats claws. Before it could move to do more damage, Ripred had come to the rescue, quickly slashing open the rats neck. He then was yanking Gregor up, dragging him and yelling at the others to run. When they finally got a chance to catch their breath, Boots looked around confused. “Where Temp?” she asked Gregor.

“Asleep Boots. He’s gone to sleep.”

Day 1 Vote Count
Jsach III-(HumanDawn, Lone_Garurumon, Zexy)
Elementar I-(Ereshkigal)

Jsach was lynched. He was:
Dear Jsach,
You are Temp, a Male Crawler.

140109-cockroach-js-1736_176b7cf3f5abac1ad9c35e38ec90af75.jpg
“Be she princess, Overlander, be she? Be she queen, be she?”

You are soft-shelled, and have trouble understanding the others at times. And as a crawler others look down on you. However you perceive danger much better than many of the others, and when it is needed you are very brave. You adore Boots and are the closest to her of all crawlers. You love spending time with her, and actually make a wonderful babysitter.

Because you are so good at taking care of Boots, you are the Babysitter. Each night you may protect someone from nightkills. However if you are targeted then you and the one you’re protecting will die.

You are allied with Sandwich and win when all members of Gorger’s Army have been defeated.
Jsach was the babysitter. He was allied with Sandwich.

It is now night 1. This phase will end Wednesday night, EST.

Last edited:
Is there a sort-of curse with mislynching all the doctor-like roles Day 1? People, please do something to avoid your lynch when you get these roles :(

My theory that Feenie/Jsach/LG are either plain Godfather or Vanilla is out, and this is probably the only doctor variant we have considering how role-light the game looks...
I have some ideas over who I should push tomorrow but I'd rather not post too much about this in the night.

Too bad we can't massclaim this game :(

Is there a sort-of curse with mislynching all the doctor-like roles Day 1? People, please do something to avoid your lynch when you get these roles :(

Yes. It's called "the townies are too busy being scum pawns in day 1 to notice the obvious."

I notice it a lot on here in games.

Yes. It's called "the townies are too busy being scum pawns in day 1 to notice the obvious."

I notice it a lot on here in games.
Really? That's a bold statement to make yourself as a player in this game.
What's the obvious we've been missing, care to reveal to us so we can do it and win the game?

Really? That's a bold statement to make yourself as a player in this game.
What's the obvious we've been missing, care to reveal to us so we can do it and win the game?

The entire meta argument for lynching Jsach relied on Elementar's posts and the idea that scum would avoid posting in the thread. That's a pretty terrible line of reasoning even for a Mafia game, especially since Elementar hinted several people.

There are roles in the Town where being active in the thread on Day 1 is pretty much a great way to die. One of them, and the one that stays consistent from game to game, is Doctor. Any doctor worth their salt should try to avoid the thread Day 1. It's pretty much their greatest chance of living, especially since they have a role where even dropping hints is likely to result in their death rather than do the town any good. In short, it's in their best interests to not say a word beyond what they absolutely have to.

Scum, on the other hand? If there is even a hint they are in danger of getting lynched, it's in their interests to be active on Day 1. That way, they can help drive the lynch voting toward someone they need eliminated but don't want to be caught killing just yet, like say the doctor who is trying to hide from the townie paranoia, and one of the best ways of doing that is starting a wagon and relying on town paranoia and lack of information. Especially when you have an Oracle whose information also implicates the person whose thread actions make them most likely to be a doctor.

If I were scum, I would absolutely love Elementar's role for a Day 1 opening. As long as the town people mentioned didn't try to defend themselves, probably because they're something like Doctor and know any defense would make them look scummy or guarantee their death, then it would be easy to manipulate the revealed information to take out townies. Especially early on, when the town is lacking information and primarily paranoia voting.

Thing is, avoiding the thread too much is pretty much a great way to get lynched too. No player, no matter their role, should avoid the thread; they just need to play in a way that won't make them stand out too much; avoiding the thread too much when most others don't makes you stand out too.

There have still been several inactive scum before that were lynched Day 1 for it (jd in Periodic Table is the first example I can think of).

That's part of why I am not a big fan of the doctor role. It pretty much becomes a game of trying not to get lynched by the people who are theoretically your allies, and not getting shot by the people who are definitely your enemies.

Very, very few people are going to play that well. And for most, avoiding the thread and risking standing out is a lot better than posting and guaranteeing you stand out.

My theory that Feenie/Jsach/LG are either plain Godfather or Vanilla is out, and this is probably the only doctor variant we have considering how role-light the game looks...
I have some ideas over who I should push tomorrow but I'd rather not post too much about this in the night.

Too bad we can't massclaim this game :(

My initial reaction to this post is that for some reason, this post feels too carefully crafted in response to the mislynch.

Doctor is high-risk high-potential gain that also needs luck to pull off, but not pulling it off isn't the end of the world tbh... I don't like this kind of role either tbh although whenever I've got it I've managed to get at least one protection in but would still lose the game somehow Anyway, getting off-topic here.
My initial reaction to this post is that for some reason, this post feels too carefully crafted in response to the mislynch.
I'll be honest here, I was a bit annoyed/afraid of what will happen after seeing the doctor lynch. My mind immediately went to games like MSW, Gameshow or worse Eevee's Superhero Bonanza where I was town and was one of the major reasons Doctors were mislynched and sometimes called out for it, so whenever I see this happen partly because of me I feel like getting in the defensive even as town.

Day 2: Well Now He's Dead.

Elementar was killed. He was:
Dear Elementar,

You are Gregor’s Dad.

Sorry I couldn’t find an image.
“How’s my boy? How’s my little guy?”

Two years, seven months, and thirteen days before the first book you went missing. It turns out you went missing in the Underland. While at first you were founded by the Regalians, you missed your family so much that you left the safety of the city to try to get home. This resulted in your capture by the rats who held you prisoner for those years.

You are quite intelligent and can explain how almost anything works. So intelligent in fact that the rats kept you alive to build weapons for them. You also know how to play the saxophone. However by the time you appear in the book you are delusional and feverish from the years with the rats. As well as quite emaciated.

Due to your feverish and emaciated state you are not able to do much of anything. Thus you are Vanilla. Your vote is your power.

You are allied with Sandwich and win when all members of Gorger’s Army have been defeated.
Elementar was vanilla. He was allied with Sandwich.

It is now Day 2. This phase will end Friday Night, May 26, EST.

So he lied about the Oracle but was still right at some things. That's weird, although I believe he had OC connections with people.
I've had a few OC connections too and would rather wait for them before I proceed with a vote today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom