• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

Fall Out Boy - The Phoenix

"My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them even stole a pack of matches and tried to burn it down. But I... corrected them, sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I... corrected her."

...No idea.

"It's because you have no sense of aesthetics." "Shut up, Inari!!"
Persona 5.

"Heh. You're just as gullible as he said you'd be. Hook, line, and sinker. Lemme give you a little warning, [Name cut out]. That little s**t is a hell of an actor. I'll bet you money he's a born con man. I dunno what he is to you, but if I were you I'd trust the kid as far as I could throw him, and at your age that can't be much."

Blue has no clues, as do I.

Anyway, I'm just going to reuse this one because it amuses me a great deal and it wasn't guessed correctly.
"Get back here, thief! Even if it is uncharacteristic that you would be stealing anything, we're going to ignore that FOR STORY POURPOSES!"
Oh, and if my comment above the quote didn't say as much, Touya was incorrect when he said that it was from a Let's Play, though I can see where he was coming from.

It sounds like something from some kind of abridged series... I'm gonna say Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged.

Honestly thought this one would've been guessed by now. I'll give you guys a couple more chances then I'll reveal the truth.

"I know the [nope, not giving you this word, makes it too easy] didn't choose me, and I don't care. I'm proud to be a small part of something bigger - the people it did choose. My friends, they are my power!"

Kingdom Hearts?

"I don't even fucking care anymore. Everything that I've ever loved, it's GONE! Mario. The princess. Brooklyn. I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY! Everything is gonna die! You hear me, Mario?! THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO ME, MARIOOOOOO!"

Probably from that one live-action Mario movie or one of the TV series I dunno.

It sounds like something from some kind of abridged series... I'm gonna say Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged.
Also incorrect, but you are getting somewhat closer. Somewhat.

Now, I'm going to post two for this post, the first being that one that I used last time:

"Get back here, thief! Even if it is uncharacteristic that you would be stealing anything, we're going to ignore that FOR STORY POURPOSES!"

As for the second... It's something completely different!

"We'll be fiine... Cue 'foreshadowing' sting"

*Ominous music plays as the text 'FORESHADOW?' scrolls onto the screen*

???

Probably from that one live-action Mario movie or one of the TV series I dunno.

No

"I don't even fucking care anymore. Everything that I've ever loved, it's GONE! Mario. The princess. Brooklyn. I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY! Everything is gonna die! You hear me, Mario?! THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO ME, MARIOOOOOO!"

???

"Heh. You're just as gullible as he said you'd be. Hook, line, and sinker. Lemme give you a little warning, [Name cut out]. That little s**t is a hell of an actor. I'll bet you money he's a born con man. I dunno what he is to you, but if I were you I'd trust the kid as far as I could throw him, and at your age that can't be much."

Not getting it.

And my last one was from every other episode of NCIS.

"Torpedo dead ahead!"
"You arrogant ass. You killed us!"

Hunt For Red October.

"This was never the way I planned
Not my intention
I got so brave, drink in hand
Lost my discretion
It's not what, I'm used to
Just wanna try you on
I'm curious for you
Caught my attention"

Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl

Isn't there a GTA game with a character named Mario or something? Is it from that maybe?

Anyway, I'm just going to recycle the one I've been using for a little bit now...

...Along with one from the most recent (as of this post) entry of the series these references come from (or at least the most recent one in video form):

Narrator: "*Sigh* Do you mean to tell me that the prince is [Character R]? Again?"

Character P: "Uh-hum, excuse me, but this is Prince [Character D]. Totally different prince and a totally different story."

Narrator: "No, it's [Character R], and she was already a prince in [episode]."

Character P: "Look, I can't go around making everybody think that I'm a [redacted] shipper. It's Prince [Character D]. OK? And she- I mean, he is totally different from that other prince."

Narrator: "OK, so, [Character R]- uh, [Character B] is a girl. [Character F] is a girl. But Prince [Character D] is a boy."

Character P: "Don't question my logic! We're all just playing a role here, genders means nothing!"

Last edited:
?

Isn't there a GTA game with a character named Mario or something? Is it from that maybe?

There are two unseen minor characters named Mario in the GTA franchise, but GTA has nothing to do with the quote.

Super Mario Bros. X? IDK, just throwing out wild guesses like I do Poké Balls.

"Wow... Wow."
"Light. Light work. Easy!"
*Mike Ross waves hands around in agreement.*
"We got two Mike Rosses today, guys, so..."
"*laughs* I was about to say, I don't even need to talk! I don't even need to talk!"
"Excuse me? Excuse me!"
"You got sooooo much bang for your buck, guys!"

(Bonus points if you can identify the other two people involved in this conversation.)

No clue.

*Sees a plate of food coming*
"So...fine dining. Frozen. Inedible. Nasty. Excrement."

"We all like a show, right? Believe me, this is quite a show. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present...the...Yelpers."

Hotel Hell for the former.

I don't think any of us are gonna get that one.

"You know, your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved eight hundred lives, including your mother's. And yours. I dare you to do better."

Kirby: Planet Robobot

"I was walking down the street when out the corner of my eye
I saw a pretty little thing approaching me
She said I never seen a man, who looks so all alone
Could you use a little company?
If you pay the right price, your evening will be nice
Or you can go and send me on my way
I said your such a sweet young thing
Why'd you do this to yourself?
She looked at me and this is what she said"

Back
Top Bottom