• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess What the Above Anime or Manga Is About, Based Solely On Its Title!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
If you’re into anime and/or manga, then you probably know that people can choose some pretty crazy or silly names for their series, right? This thread is meant to celebrate that! Based solely on the name of the series given by the above poster, give a brief description of what you think that it’s about!

For instance, if someone were to post Digimon above me, then my response could be:

Like Pokémon, except digital.

…or something similarly witty, funny, or clever. Or however you’d like to do it!

As for rules? There’s a few:
1) Please don’t respond to someone’s post if you’ve seen their posted series before or otherwise know what it’s about.
2) Or, if you do know what a posted series is about and still want to respond, please give an intentionally silly or witty answer and don’t spoil it for anyone else!
3) Also, if you don’t know what an posted series is about, please refrain from looking up an anime that you don’t know and then posting. The spirit of this game is all about guesses vs. reality, and the above is meant to help preserve that spirit.

As a final note, please do keep both any anime or manga that you post around “PG-13” territory. So obviously no outwardly sexually suggestive or explicit works (like ecchi or hentai), or anything exceedingly violent that would violate forum rules elsewhere. This extends to answers as well, which should also refrain from being mean or overly sardonic (for example, answering “Digimon” with: “like Pokémon, except that it sucks”). Use your best judgement and be nice!

With that said, I’ll go ahead and start with…

Serial Experiments Lain

An anime version of Jake and the Neverland Pirates (this I have recently gotten back into after being out of it for like several years, I’d like to see an anime version of that ngl) or Peter Pan or anything related to Neverland

Miraculous Ladybug (ik it doesn’t really count as anime but the 10-11 year old trailer for it, which several people wish was an anime)

An isekai where the protagonist is reincarnated as a ladybug. “Miraculous” refers to their chances for survival, so good luck with that, Ladybug-kun!
You mean Mister Bug right? /s
I do like this idea, might even make an AU or a next Gen (most likely a next Gen) for this one lol
Digimon Frontier
Digimon in the Old West

Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live

Virtual card games on trains. As if the bikes weren't enough. we're playing whilst riding raging subterranean railways. Don't fall, or you'll probably break someone's heart.

Higurashi: When They Cry.

Back
Top Bottom