• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: guzmania's minific anthology

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
hello hello hi hi hi... i've gotten into. drabble writing the past while and whenever i get stuck with EL i just work on these

i come bearing tiny awful character studies yay. ft gladion and silver, bc you know how it be

Family Portrait
Yes, he wore their clothes. He took their name. He fought alongside them, and happily so. What they hated, he hated. What they wanted, he wanted for them. He didn’t know when it all fell apart, but it did. It was Lillie, probably. The one he wanted to protect so badly. He tried, but he didn’t do well enough. So he quit pretending to be someone he wasn’t, for her sake.
Now he’s wearing a suit and tie, standing with his sister and Lusamine. The photographer clicks his shutter. Gladion smiles.
Some would say it looked more like a grimace.

The Catching Show
He didn’t know life could be so beautiful.
“C’mon, Silver! Let’s go have some fun!” Lyra’s eyes were bright, her warm hand’s tight grip jerking his arm. He rolled his eyes, but he would never be able to resist her. So off he went, following behind as she dragged him to the entrance of Pal Park.
They left an hour later. Silver was all scowls and folded arms, like usual. Lyra, though, was beaming. You wouldn’t think that the boy was the actual winner, but he was. Somehow, for the very first time in his life...
He opened his eyes.

Welcome to the drabble train my friend~

I must say, you've started out really well, I like these two a lot. In fact, that's just what I love about drabbles, the sheer amount of description and feelings you can pack into an 100 word excerpt is admirable, and it's clear you certainly have the skill. Keep up the good work!

• Staff
Welcome to the drabble train my friend~

I must say, you've started out really well, I like these two a lot. In fact, that's just what I love about drabbles, the sheer amount of description and feelings you can pack into an 100 word excerpt is admirable, and it's clear you certainly have the skill. Keep up the good work!
MEOW THANKS
yeah same, i wanted to see how much of an emotional punch i could pack into something so short...
i think what gladion's is about is fairly obvious but i feel like silver's is a little less clear-cut than i intended (ironic because i try to keep the meanings of my work ambiguous in most scenarios)... he's dreaming about actually befriending lyra as well as being able to beat her at something for once, two things he really wants but feels that he can never have, but by the time he starts getting kind of used to his dream world, he wakes up. while i left what happens next to the reader's interpretation, naturally, from the author's perspective i think he would feel this deep sense of longing and loneliness. perhaps anger, even, because the only two things he wants just feel so unreachable to him.

• Staff
Protector
When they met, he was caught so off-guard by how similar they were.
They didn’t look alike at all, and their personalities were very different. Guzma was loud, brash, extroverted. Gladion was quieter and snarkier. But there was that look in the kid’s eyes, so reminiscent of his own. Thus, the boss saw himself in the boy and reached out his hand.
Now, Guzma wonders if he misjudged. If maybe he made a mistake. Skull is no more; what remains of it are but the bonds formed through it. Gladion was, naturally, long gone.
Maybe that’s what made them alike.

My Dream
In his sleep, there are hands around his neck.
“I wanted to live! It’s your fault I couldn’t!” His voice, or his father’s? Cyrus cannot tell.
Nevertheless, he wakes up in a cold sweat. He can tell falling back asleep is an impossibility for him, so he doesn’t even try.
A few hours later, it’s time for him to get to work. He arrives at his headquarters and gives out his orders. As his underlings bustle about, he stands there with arms folded behind his back, powerful, all-knowing. None of them will ever know what it is he dreams about.

Uminaoshi
What do you do when you’ve been freed from the cage you’ve spent your entire life in?
N isn’t sure. What’s he even allowed to do? The only existence he knew was under Ghetsis’s rule. He realized far too late how abused he was, but now he knew. But that was all he knew, and he was, fittingly, left alone in the world.
Hilda laid him to rest, metaphorically speaking. After his defeat, N never stood a chance. She didn’t mean to, but she might as well have killed him.
On Zekrom’s back, he can only dream of being reborn.

only one note this time. uminaoshi is the title of a maretu song. most literally, the title means "rebirth," but a more accurate translation would be "being born again, in the hope of doing it correctly the next time."

• Staff
me? writing fluff (...mostly) drabbles? who wouldve guessed
well i got sick of writing angst 24/7 so here we are :>

Moon
Lillie always hated getting on her knees.
It was a motion she associated with desperation, hopelessness, misery even. Getting down like she was bowing, pleading with her mother over toys or clothes or attention or love. A neverending struggle, filled to the brim with tears and meaningless words. Yet struggle she did, and now she is here. On her knees yet again.
But standing in front of her now is someone different. A decade has passed, and the womanly figure before her belongs to a person more loving and caring than Lusamine ever could be...
“Selene, will you marry me?”

Signs of Affection
Ethan cleared his throat. “So, we heard the news.”
“N-News?”
Lyra glanced at Ethan, then at Silver, and shouted out: “I couldn’t decide who I loved more, so I decided to love you both!”
Ethan didn’t have any kind of impactful statement planned, so in lieu of one he echoed his girlfriend- “Yeah, what she said!”
The couple locked eyes again before turning back to their rival. “Be our boyfriend!”
Silver was dumbfounded. They both loved him... both loved him back?
Is such a thing even possible? he thought momentarily, and looked at their outstretched hands. Actually... yes it is.

SELENE X LILLIE SELENE X LILLIE YESSSSSSSSSS

ahem, pardon my fangirling, but this is some good fluff stop being so good at this dang it lmao

• Staff
sabotageshipping double drabble :> also some transfem!grusha x rika from rika's pov but their names are never mentioned so i guess it can be whoever??

Valentine's Day
“You have frosting on your nose,” Steven told Wallace for the fourth time that evening.
Winona peered at her significant other, then wiped off the cream with her finger and licked it. He grinned.
“Hey, now, you’re not supposed to do that to people unless you like them,” Wallace responded teasingly, lifting her hand and kissing it.
Steven raised an eyebrow, then scoffed and shook his head, a smile playing on the corners of his lips. “Always such a romantic.”
Wallace hugged the heir from behind without warning, making Steven flinch and speckles of batter fly out of the bowl and dot the countertop and wall... and the men. “You too, dear.”
Steven frowned. “And now you have brownie dough on your nose.”
Winona observed the spectacle gleefully from the sink as she washed her hands. “It’s your turn to help him take care of that.”
“Yes, perhaps so.” The Champion gently wiped the uncooked dessert from his boyfriend’s face, and gave him a chaste peck on the lips while he was at it. The pilot smirked, still watching as she took the newest batch out of the oven.
“Unfair, Steven. You need to kiss me too.”
“Come here, then.”

Finally Home
“You seem so much happier,” I said, her hand in mine.
“How could I not be? I’ve finally been given the opportunity to feel like myself.” She rolled onto her side and winced. “Oof.”
“Hey, don’t. No careless moving around, remember?” As gently as I could, I laid her down on her back. She narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms grumpily, but she didn’t quite seem angry. That was just her personality.
“I’m tired.” Fair. Bottom surgery could do that to you.
“Then get some rest.”
“Only if you stay with me.”
“I wouldn’t dream of leaving you anyway.”

im officially addicted to drabble/microfic writing btw so im gonna be annoying and probably start posting here multiple times a day

• Staff
hello everyone i am back with some romance and some angst and some whatever... a couple pokemon but also some other series. all tagged with their respective franchise... also i tried writing in first person yaaaay
content warnings this time around: one includes themes of suicide (i put it in a spoiler for ya)

Blackout (Ace Attorney)
the world is so colorful
(the creamy olive of mia’s skin, the gentle lavender of the magatama necklace she always wears, the rich brown of the coffee i drink with her every morning)
(the white and blue of that uniform, the pale pink of that dress)
(the endless darkness of dahlia’s eyes)
the word is so black
black noise, black touch, black field of vision
(black coffee)
when you wake up, “color” loses its meaning
red suit, red paper, red mugs, red courtroom
red mountain, red bridge, are these tears or blood?
the world has never been colorful at all

Taking it Slow (Pokemon)
“Keep it simple,” my brother told me. “But say it like you mean it.”
I trusted him with that, but... “I prefer to let my moves express my feelings.”
He paused. “I know that, li’l sis, but you have to expand your horizons sometimes. And there are some things that can’t be said with just a Pokemon battle.”
“Why not? She’d get it.”
“I think she might appreciate it a little more if you told her outright, though.”
I shrugged and left. Just as I thought, she was waiting outside expectantly. I breathed in, and...
“Go out with me, Gloria.”

Egoist (Street Fighter)
common knowledge im on top of the world
(it’s a purchased position, courtesy of being a silver-spoon nepo baby with a vacant throne to fill)
everyone already knows im the best
(i rehearsed that line the way i rehearsed my moves)
haters tell me im full of shit, i say my shit’s too stylish for them to fly with
(do you know who hates me most of all?)
everyone loves me. they want me, to be me
(“me’s” the photos they force me to take for my insta)
yeah. top of the world, right?
and im about to jump off

...Nobody in Particular. (Pokemon - Autumn 2023 one-shot contest epilogue)
“And... cut!”
Guzma threw his arms down in indignation. “Come on, man! What the hell was that?”
Brendan shook his head. “You already know. Breaking the fourth wall is a whole thing in fiction. Plus the themes of something showing promise but never truly fulfilling its purpose was super relevant for the site at the time.”
“You lied! You told me Ghetsis and Looker and Ogerpon were all gonna show and everything!... Site?!
“Oh, that. White lie. I needed to get you to participate somehow.”
“That’s not a white lie!”
Legend has it their bickering continued until the next contest.

"Maybe you need to take a break from trying to write stuff like this." (OMORI)
“Hey, Omori, guess what?”
“What?” Judging from the ear-to-ear grin on Kel’s face, he had a pretty good idea of what his friend was about to say, but...
“Orange... Joever!”
Omori blinked. Kel doubled over in laughter at his own nonsensical joke.
“Seeeee? Joever... like over, and Joe... because orange... Joe...” he wheezed between fits of guffawing. The stoic boy looked away in second-hand embarrassment for his ally, who was now nearly contorting on the floor.
Sighting, he turned toward the person sitting in the corner rapidly scribbling notes. “Do you really have to write a drabble about this?”
“Yeah.”

Find Your Rhythm (and Dance Your Own Dance) (Pokemon, 1.5x drabble)
“What was the purpose of that?”
Courtney cupped her cheek subconsciously. The feeling of having such a thing pressed against them... was like anything she had experienced before.
Shelly rolled her eyes. “To express my love for you, obviously.” Man oh man. Years since they met, months since they dated, and throughout all this time, the ex-Magma admin was just as robotic as ever.
Though the scientist-turned-pirate was pretty into that.
“...In that case, I will now... kiss you back.” Before Shelly could even respond, Courtney pulled her in - and planted one on her lips!
When the violet-haired girl detached herself a few seconds later, all Shelly could do was stare at her, mouth still parted and eyes widened. “Wow.”
Courtney cocked her head. “Was this... enjoyable?”
“No kidding, Coco.” A smile began to spread across Shelly’s face. “We have got to do that more often.”
And so they did.

Moon
Lillie always hated getting on her knees.
It was a motion she associated with desperation, hopelessness, misery even. Getting down like she was bowing, pleading with her mother over toys or clothes or attention or love. A neverending struggle, filled to the brim with tears and meaningless words. Yet struggle she did, and now she is here. On her knees yet again.
But standing in front of her now is someone different. A decade has passed, and the womanly figure before her belongs to a person more loving and caring than Lusamine ever could be...
“Selene, will you marry me?
LILLIE LILLIE LILLIE i love it absolutely amazing

Hi I never knew you posted the Sabotage Drabble whaaaaaaaaa omg it’s so cute???? The love through kisses and hand gestures (yes wiping frosting off your SO’s face with your finger is hand gestures, why not). It’s so simple but so cute!!!! And little Winona wanting a kiss from Steven too to “be even” it’s so cute it’s my favourite part.

This is a plea for you to ping me in any other drabbles you do of ThemTM so I don’t miss them

And the Rika and Grusha drabble is so cute too ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Rika is so supportive ahhhhhhhhhhh (I am screaming a lot I’m sorry it’s just,,,,,, the feels)

OMG THANK U i will absolutely be writing more of them in the future bc i absolutely adore them so!! more to look forward to hehe (and i will totally ping you (and also thank you honestly that means a lot :bulbaCute:))

and yESSSSSS i love them... rika is best partner fr fr

samisen fluff for vday (should've finished this sooner but i was held up with another writing project. three actually but i digress)!!!!
it's cute romance? or romance that is meant to be cute and sweet and fluffy idk

Sum of my parts

Lyra woke up to a boy on top of her.

"Lee! Lee, wake up! Wake up, Lee!"

She sighed, but Ethan's grinning face mere inches from hers was too cute to get mad at. "I'm awake, obviously."

"Guess what day it is! Guess! What! Day! It iiiiiiis!!"

Couldn't he at least brush his teeth before yelling, no matter how affectionately so, in her face? "Valentine's Day."

He pulled himself off of her and sat on her thighs. It hurt a little with his full weight, but she didn't really mind. "Don't you know what that means?"

"Yeah, duh. It's- oh my gosh!" She jolted up, making Ethan flinch. "It's Valentine's Day!"

That's what he just said. "That's what I just said," replied the boy, blinking confusedly. Lyra noticed that he was still in pajamas but wearing his hat for some dumb reason.

He was just way too adorable!

She practically fell (pounced?) on top of him, embracing him as tightly as she could. "It's the most romantic day of the year!"

"No it's not."

They both turned to face their doorway. In entered a lean, pale young man dressed in a frilly pink apron and precariously balancing two plates of waffles.

Lyra climbed off of the bed. "Silver!"

"Yeah, yeah, it's me. You know this holiday was invented for candy companies to sell chocolate at ridiculous prices, right?" Yet he was looking down and blushing. "You're lucky I care for you guys. Come on, eat it before it gets cold."

His girlfriend gratefully swiped one of the dishes from him, beaming. "Oh, that's the apron I bought you! See, I always knew you were a really nice guy!"

"No I am not. I'm a jerk. You can say it." Silver huffed. "Come on, Eth-"

He didn't have to tell him twice. In a flash, Ethan was wrapped around his redheaded partner, having practically tackled him and knocking the other plate to the floor with a resounding shatter.

"Come ON, Ethan!" Scowling, Silver angrily gestured to the melange of waffle, porcelain shards, and maple syrup decorating the bedroom. Thank Arceus for hardwood floors.

"Whoops! Sorry."

Years ago, back when they were just budding acquaintances and Ethan was only barely settling into his role as the Indigo League Champion, he was pretty sure Silver would have socked him in the face. Now, he just frowned and shook his head. "It's whatever. I have more anyway. Go on and eat. I can clean this up."

"No..." Lyra pointed at Silver with a pout. "You eat!" Jabbing her finger at Ethan, she added, "And you clean up!"

"If you really want me to..." Ethan glanced at Silver. He shrugged. "Then let's all clean up!"

"Heeeey! What do I have to do with this?" She glared at the clumsier of her boyfriends, who was looking at her with a sheepish but slightly impish expression.

She couldn't resist that!

"Okay, okay! That's it. If we all work together, it'll go way quicker!"

Ethan whooped. Silver mumbled something akin to "It's 'way more quickly'...".

~
They finished in five minutes. Lyra mopped up the syrup with a washcloth and wipes, Silver picked out the shards and disposed of them, and Ethan observed his partners jovially.

"Awesome teamwork!" he declared at the end, puffing out his chest with pride. Lyra and Silver exchanged a knowing look, completely aware that their boyfriend hardly contributed anything to the supposed group project.

"The rest of the waffles are probably cold now," remarked a somewhat grouchy Silver, arms folded.

Lyra pat him on the head, an action he typically pretended to not absolutely adore. "But they're still gonna be great, because you made them!"

Ethan tossed his hands above his head, that cheesy grin still plastered wide across his face as genuinely as ever. "I love you guys!"

"I love you too, Ethan! And I love you, Silver!" Lyra gripped both of their hands in hers.

Welp, Silver had no choice. And besides, even if he had trouble saying it, it was the truth. "...Love you both."

please get used to everything i write having titles that are only tangentially related to the fics themselves kthxbai

Back
Top Bottom