• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Halloween Event

I'm also excited! I still don't have the Drowzee and Gastly lines.
Bonus Candy is also a great thing; I'm not transferring anything for these next few days so that I can transfer all of them during the event.
Hopefully I'll get enough time to play and get a Hypno. Not that optimistic about Gengar, but Haunter shouldn't be too hard.

It sounds like a pretty cool event. I've caught Drowzee and evolved one to a Hypno, but I wouldn't mind catching more of them since they're so rare around me. The Gastly line in particular is quite handy too since I've only hatched two Gastly up to this point. Being able to capture Gastly and Haunter would be quite useful, especially when trying to get all the way up to a Gengar.

The candy bonus rewards for everything else sounds awesome too. I'm so close to getting enough candies to get an Exeggutor, but if I can get to that point faster and possibly make a large dent for at least one other Pokemon like a Horsea or Grimer as my Buddy Pokemon, then that would be awesome. I hope that they have these kind of events more often since it would make evolving Pokemon so much easier and less time consuming. I wonder if we'll get more candy when we hatch Pokemon during this event as well.

I wonder if we'll get more candy when we hatch Pokemon during this event as well.
The Bulbanews article states: "Hatching Eggs will earn twice as much Candy."

If I actually knew that earlier I'd probably stop playing for these few days and hatch those 2 5km eggs I hatched yesterday during the event :(

The Bulbanews article states: "Hatching Eggs will earn twice as much Candy."

If I actually knew that earlier I'd probably stop playing for these few days and hatch those 2 5km eggs I hatched yesterday during the event :(

If I had known about this event just a couple of days ago, I would have hold off on transferring some of my Pokemon to get more candy. That would have really helped with my Bellsprout and Magnemite in particular. I can still use that for some of the other Pokemon I'm trying to evolve at least. I'm glad that hatching eggs will earn twice as much candy as well. I'll hopefully be able to get to more Pokestops today or tomorrow, so I can get more eggs.

I don't know whats happening in the rest of the world, but; my town is swarming with Cubone and Marowak (as well as everything else mentioned in the trailer).
I'm not complaining, mind. I needed a Marowak, and I've now got my Gengar as well!
Time to grind those medals. :)

I'm starting to think there was a mistake in the announcement; it's Cubone/Marowak, not Zubat/Golbat.
I'm very glad this is the case, though, Cubone is rare otherwise while Zubat would only become even more annoying than it already is :)

I do tend to find more Drowzee and Cubone more than anything else in my area. I don't mind that since I like the Cubone line and I've rarely come across Drowzee, even though I've been able to evolve both Pokemon at least once. Gastly is still pretty infrequent compared to the others, but I'm still hoping that I can catch some more during this event.

Drowzee is super super common where I am, so it was nice to also get Meowth and Cubone more often, because I rarely see those :)

And the extra candies from walking and hatching means I can try to get some candies built up for other Pokemon lines as well!

Seen a lot of Meowth, Drowzee and Gastly and Cubone around my area. Already got enough to evolve 1 Meowth and hoping to be able to evolve Drowzee and Cubone soon before the event ends, its helped with my dex a bit and made me hit Lv 12 so its pretty good, I like this event and I hope they'll have more special events like this,

I've still struggled to get enough Gastly candy, but I do like running into Drowzee more often, if only because I rarely find any Psychic Pokemon. I kind of wish that they had included the Abra line since I rarely find one of those, but it doesn't quite fit the Halloween theme they were going for here. I have a ton of Drowzee and Cubone candy, so I'll probably use that to evolve and power up a few of them later. I definitely hope that they'll have more special events like this in the future. It has done wonders for filling up the Pokedex and I do like how it's been easier to manage getting candy for Pokemon, especially the ones that take ages to get just one candy.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom