• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons)/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

Dolce

Patron Saint of Nightmares
Reaction score
Well recently @Octy; convinced me to buy Harvest Moon A New Beginning and I have to say I am hooked to this game. Normally I'd just stick to Rune Factory because I like the odd combo of farming and dungeon crawling, but with the customization of the entire town, and even your own farmer this game is just too great. Plus all the marriage candidates are too cute in my opinion. Heck I can't choose between Yuri, Witch Princess, or Felicity. Though currently Yuri's winning my favor.

Anyways! Feel free to discuss any Harvest Moon or Rune Factory related things like your fave games, which series you prefer, your fave marriage candidates, or if you have A New Beginning/Story of Seasons feel free to trade 3ds friend codes to play on wifi with your friends to trade items and whatnot!

Last edited:
Re: Harvest Moon/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

Okay, I love the Multiplayer option Harvest Moon 3DS: A New Beginning has to offer. It helps raise the affection of your animals, so you can win festivals, and you get items as well. It's a win-win situation.

Also, the marriage candidates are awesome. On my first file, I plan on either going after Allen or Rod. In my second File, I'm already in a relationship with Neil and have him at red heart. I just need to finish upgrading the bed so I can marry him. X3

Also, the new animals such as Yaks is amazing. We also get Llamas, two different colored Alpacas, two different sheep, two different chicken, three different breed of cows (Normal, Jersey, and Bubble)... just so much.

How To Get Married | Harvest Moon: A New Beginning

^ This shows the marriage candidates for the game.

I haven't tried the Harvest Moon for the 3DS yet, but my favorite in the series is Harvest Moon: Animal Parade for the Wii. Harmonica Town as a setting was really pretty, and there were so many possible marriage candidates (and unlike the other games where there is usually only one I'd ever pick, I like a bunch of them). Also, the music was lovely on there.

For Rune Factory, I've only actually played one of those, being Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for the PS3, but it's a great game. However, the one trophy that requires you to get 100 colds is kind of a pain. XD

Does anyone else kind of wish the Harvest Moon series (for console installments) would also be available on PS3 (or Sony systems in general)? Rune Factory worked great there, and I would love to play Harvest Moon games with trophy support.

I found harvest moon on PS3 i think it's called tales something.. dunno

Is it any good?

I'm hoping to get the 3DS games soon. From what I've heard, it sounds a lot better than Tale of Two Towns. (The only HM game I quit halfway through.) I've played the RF games, and they were pretty fun.

There hasn't been any Harvest Moon games released for the PS3 (to my knowledge), but there were a few titles for the Psp. I don't think they were popular or lasted long with the HM community. I think they were the following titles:

Innocent Life
Harvest Moon Boy and Girl
Hero of Leaf Valley

They did have "Save the Homeland" on the Playstation 2, and they had "A wonderful Life: Special Edition" where you had an extra marriage candidate.

Well I usually buy games for my handheld systems like Sunshine Islands, and RF1-3. Are the games on the larger systems any better?

Well, I absolutely loved Animal Parade and Tree of Tranquility (Both on the Wii), so it's hard to pick for me. I even loved all of the Gamecube versions of the games (such as Magical Melody, Another Wonderful Life, A Wonderful Life).

I need to find my copy of Friends of Mineral Town. That game was perfect.

I tried playing "More Friends of Mineral Town", but I had a hard time figuring out where everything was in the game. ;;

I used have that game but I lost it. D: And Cliff, and Trent who were two of my fave guys too. >.<

635388_218602_front.jpg
Oh Big Sis Octy your horrible getting me amped for this. D;

Has RF4's English date been announced yet? I really want to get it! (Unless the plot requires you to seduce and marry a character again.)

I haven't seen much on it yet, just the pic. There's a chance it might be localized but not too sure as of yet. Especially since it was released in Japan on July of 2012. If it were to be released, it would be sometime this year.

Save The Homeland had good music:
[video=youtube;EmDubamJ_Uk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmDubamJ_Uk[/video]

I've only played the first Harvest Moon on the GBC and Friends of Mineral Town on the GBA, I should get back into the series.

The GBC game wasn't all that good, but Friends of Mineral Town, man, I was addicted to that for ages. I fondly remember giving Popuri chocolate every single day for almost two years until she fell in love with me and finally agreed to marry me. It's a pity that she liked my dog, Lub Lub, though.

I also got a good chuckle when I was rich enough to purchase some golden lumber, which enraged the town's people into shouting at me and calling me "Moneybags". Hey, no need to be jealous just because I'm going up in the world!

And not to mention, the terrible translation was a hoot. At one part of the game, a character started talking to me in Japanese! XD

Has RF4's English date been announced yet? I really want to get it! (Unless the plot requires you to seduce and marry a character again.)

The major flaw of RF3 besides being too short.

And looking at the release dates I'd assume we get it soon since it's almost been a year. :I

RF1
08/24/06 JP
08/14/07 US

RF2
01/03/08 JP
11/18/08 US

RF3
10/22/09 JP
11/09/10 US

And not to mention, the terrible translation was a hoot. At one part of the game, a character started talking to me in Japanese! XD

Yes it was! That's the one thing that always made me laugh about Natsume, their translations and typos. xD

oops_13.png

Japanese. xD

oops_16.png

This guy speaks German.

oops_12.png

A cozy sopha. xD

I liked HM DS, HM Island of Happiness, Innocent Life, and Friends of Mineral Town.

I reallly want to play FoMT but I don't have a cartridge for that.

Let's see..~ All in all so far I have played AWL: SE, MM, ToT, AP, FoMT and MFoMT, HMDS and HMDS Cute, IoH, SI, GB and ToTT of the Harvest Moon series (starting out with AWL: SE when I was around nine or ten) and just the first Rune Factory on the DS. While Rune Factory has never been able to capture my attentions much with the hybrid style of gaming, I do respect the awesome fusion and the main HM series has always provided a ridiculously loved escape from city life for me. I adore the series and really can't wait for A New Beginning to come out here in Europe; if one thing has plagued me it is the region locks and huge gap in release dates (especially since the translations aren't exactly perfect when they do get here :p)!

anybody else ever start naming their livestock with themes?

Actually, for my Sheep, I"ve been naming them after fabrics. XD

Velvet, Satin. My Suffolk Sheep will probably be named Silk or Cotton.

My Chickens don't really have a theme as I have them named randomly.
Ruby, Soot, Dante, Sparks, Tiara, Duke, Daisy, and I have to name a new Silkie chick when it hatches. Any name suggestions?

My livestock... Robby (Yak), Sherry (Alpaca), Dani, Millie, and Momo. (Cows)

Oh gosh, I have done that so many times. xD I tend to name my chickens things relating to eggs/cooked forms of them. I almost feel a little bad but I find it so cute having livestock with names related to their produce.

Oooh, oooh!~ Call it... Apricot. There is a train of thought for that, I promise.

I always have a cow called Millie. It just keeps happening. :'D

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom