• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons)/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

I haven't played The Lost Valley (Natsume version of Harvest Moon.)

There's- A New Beginning and Story of Seasons. In both games, you start out with a tutorial. Since you have to build the town (there are different town restorations, you need to do these before new people move in), ANB starts out a little slow. It does get fun in later seasons though. Story of Seasons- the town is more developed, and diving is how you find a lot of items at first.

Hold up, hold up. Is there a city building mechanic in A New Beginning? Like you make the city how you want?
If so, I'll buy it right now

Hold up, hold up. Is there a city building mechanic in A New Beginning? Like you make the city how you want?
If so, I'll buy it right now

There are restoration plans to follow, but you can customize the town. You have to collect the materials and blueprints though.

There are restoration plans to follow, but you can customize the town. You have to collect the materials and blueprints though.

That sounds perfect. I'm a really big fan of Dark Cloud's semi-free city building mechanic and not a lot of games seem to offer that. Tanks for the info!

Since Popolocrois is technically the new Rune Factory I'm going to assume its cool to post about it here.

Really enjoying it other then the fact that the Prince runs so SLOW.

At least the cape looks cool while he's running.

I now have the third farm. Which is nice, because Autumn produce is the best.

I really like Harvest Moon 2 GBC. All you do is farm, and it's really addictive!

I have all three GBC titles for virtual console now. The island in 3 is nice.

I loved playing Harvest Moon during the 5th console generation, but I haven't played any titles in the series since then. I spent more hours playing Harvest Moon 64 than I could count, and Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for PlayStation remains one of my favorite games to this day. I repurchased Back to Nature on PlayStation 3's virtual console a few years back and I still have an active game file – my farm has actually gotten too big for me to handle, to the point where I just farm all day long and it's boring.

But I have been wanting to try some of the newer games, although I'm not sure where to start. Anyone have any recommendations?

I don't think there are any Harvest Moon games for Xbox, and not sure about PS3. So, these are the games for each system.

3DS- Story of Seasons (newest), A New Beginning (starts out a little slow), Rune Factory 4 (farming sim plus RPG), Return to Popolocrois (RPG plus farming sim), The Lost Valley (Natsume developed, have not heard good things, seasons are broken)
DS (playable on 3DS, of course)- Tale of Two Towns (my fave for the system, liked the unique towns, lots of cooking festivals), Grand Bazaar (all things sold at weekly bazaar, no mine), Sunshine Islands (upgraded version of IoH), Islands of Happiness (controls are all one the touchscreen, which doesn't really work), Harvest Moon DS (fun, but make sure you get a re-print), Harvest Moon DS- Cute (girl version), Rune Factory 1 through 3
GBA- Friends of Mineral Town (boy version), More Friends of Mineral Town (my very favourite game in the series)
Gamecube- A Wonderful Life (no festivals, you age, cute kids), Another Wonderful Life (girl version), Magical Melody (adorable, you collect musical notes)
Wii- Animal Parade, Tree of Tranquility, Rune Factory Frontier (have not played any of these titles)

3DS, Wii, PlayStation 3, GameCube, GameBoy Advance, Xbox One.
If you like Back to Nature I suggest GBA games. I never try any of Wii game too. Magical Melody also good...

And I also strongly suggest A Tale of Two Town, they also out for 3ds version, and also sold on eshop. (You need to meet Mama Howard :3. I recall how we really idolized him back on fogu)

Wind Bazaar also fun for me. But you can only sell your items through Bazaar once a week.

And you maybe want to try Innocent Life for PS2 iirc and PSP.

A New Beginning and SoS is good. But since you seems kinda to like classic, I'm not really suggest that yet.

Damn this brings back so much memories... I really enjoyed Rune Factory 3 because I really liked the whole monster battling + crop growing + dating sim aspect. And everything was so colorful :D I wish they'd localize some of the Harvest Moon series - it's actually a nice change of pace to grow crops and gather minerals and stuff.

Pretty excited for Trio of Towns to release. I definitely plan on having a cabybara as my first pet! XD Been reading Xseed's localization blob over the development and I really hope they bring over all the extra content. 3$ is pretty cheap DLC for me so I wouldn't mind buying it.

I am excited for Trio of Towns too. Want the Siamese cat as my pet, or a few cats.

Re: Harvest Moon/ Rune Factory General Discussion Thread

004-3_zpsc41ac14a.jpg

Uh-oh...I think I broke the Harvest Goddess...

This is not a Glitch it happens on your characters birthday but I'm not sure why though

Ooh didn't know there was a thead here!

I love Rune Factory. I played three on long bus rides a few years back and fell for Karina. So she is my Rune Factory waifu. I never got that far in the first one... the side quest feature in three just wound up keeping my hooked, so one compared was bleh because it had no side quest stuff. I did every quest in 3 I think... lol

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom