• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I also can't judge because I've done some less than stellar things in my youth," Rose commented, "Can't be a hypocrite and judge them for doing the things I've done in my past."

"I mean I could, but you know what I mean," Rose replied with a laugh.

-----------------------------

"Now, do you want to cooperate?" the voice said to the woman over an intercom. It crackled, and appeared to be distorted slightly as a way to mask the real identity of the person behind it. All she knew was that the voice belonged to a male, supposedly.

"Why would I?" the woman replied in almost a soft whisper, "You're just going to kill me."

"Perhaps, but in exchange for your life, you could tell us what we need to know."

"You've beaten me, starved me, made me your lab rat and destroyed my friends. Why would I help you?"

"Considering you've let out the names and location of your sisters, I don't think you really are in a place to ask why you would need to help me." this caused the woman's face to grow even more pale.

"You're a sick monster..." she growled, "You humans are all sick."

"Don't you remember that you were also once a human?"

"Yes, but in my time, humans weren't like this. Not like they are now. They were in fear of us, and as time went on, the ones that did know of us accepted us and even were our friends. What changed?"

"You were always a threat. The creatures are too much of a threat of us, and if we don't stop, humans will be extinct."

"Then why take gifted humans? Killing them is taking down your numbers too. They're just as mortal as you, yet they can handle us creatures if need me."

"Oh, we don't kill them. They're experiments. If they survive, then they live. Plain and simple. We need those skills to eliminate you." the woman growled as she looked around. If only she was stronger, she could've fought back. Humans were sick. Surely not all of them felt the same way, right? The future as she knew it was bleak. Heck, she couldn't remember the last time she had a vision of the future or past. It wouldn't be long before she died anyways, right? Couldn't they just get it over with.

"Why not kill me now since I'm not talking?"

"Your gift is too important to let go to waste. You'll get some blood in a few hours. Perhaps your mind will be changed by then?" then the intercom went off, and the room was dark again. She sighed as she closed her eyes. It would take a miracle for her to escape this place, but she had to get stronger. At the moment, she was at the mercy of the humans through and through. They knew about her family, and it would be a matter of time before they were found. There wasn't anything she could do now, so she had to see how this would play out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day elapsed into the night, and then it was morning again. Thankfully there wasn't a 7am shopping trip, so people were allowed to awake on their own time. Bria was watching TV, hearing the news about more creature captures and murders. She sighed as she turned it off, and set the remote down on the coffee table. No need to bring the mood down this morning.

In the kitchen, Rose was cooking breakfast yet again, and the aromas permeated throughout the house. Leah was awake, drinking some green tea. Her face was starting to grow more pale, as her eyes looked more sunken and dark. She could make excuses that it was due to lack of sleep and exhaustion, but the older sister knew better. Leah wasn't eating again, and it was becoming evident.

"When was the last time you ate?" she asked.

"I'm not hungry," Leah replied though it wasn't very convincing.

"I know you don't like drinking blood, but you need to do it. Don't drive yourself to a breaking point. We'll get some blood later toda--"

"No!" Leah objected frantically, "I won't." Rose sighed. Leah was stubborn when it came to this, but she knew her feral instincts would give in sooner or later. The red haired vampire walked over to her sister and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"I'm trying to help you," she spoke softly, "If you keep this up and we have to go out in town, there's a chance the scent of others will cause you to be overwhelmed. That puts us at risk, and we can't afford that." Leah wanted to argue, but knew it would get her nowhere. With a defeated sigh, she just nodded and took a sip of her tea. Rose smiled softly as she went back to the stove and continued breakfast.

@Hanzo in Plain Sight @Flaze @Prez @Akame @WolfOwl

Nicolette walked into the kitchen with a serious case of bedhead. "Morning," she mumbled, heading straight for the coffee machine.

Rin was downstairs, snacking on jam bread semi-thoughtfully.

Curiously enough, Eyeris had yet to come back from her "errands" she'd set out for a day prior.

Adrian was sitting at the table. He said nothing having heard this stuff plenty of times, the girls always being difficult. It annoyed him but he didn't bother, they never listened to him.

Final was on the couch with Bria.

Xavier walked in the door. He looked exhausted. His usually impeccable suit was rumpled and a bit of blood stained the shirt underneath. His tie was gone. But he had a smile on his face as he made his way inside. "Coffee." He muttered as a greeting to those at the table before heading into the kitchen. There he saw Nicolette and Rose. He nodded to Nicolette. "You look almost as tired as me." He mused before going to Rose and handing her the bottle in his hand. "Sorry dinner is a day late. I got... Held up." He was massively understating the truth of course. Not that he needed to, he knew that the vampire could smell the blood in the bottle and the blood on him.

"Just made a fresh pot," Rose commented to Nicolette before getting a strong whif of blood. Immediately, she turned her head and saw Xavier standing there with a bottle. Her eyes widened. Did he seriously go out of his way to bring her blood? In a way, she was quite flattered. Leah caught the scent and immediately covered her nose and mouth as she tried to turn her head. Rose smiled politely.

"You know I was just joking about bringing me dinner home, right?"

Xavier blinked twice. He was not aware that she had been joking. He quickly hid this fact though. "Naturally." He said with a smile. "Honestly that was the only part about yesterday that did go right for me." He mused before glancing at Leah. "She's not a fan of the condition I take it?" He muttered. "But doesn't she know that she needs..." He cut himself off. "Of course she knows. Stupid question."

"She knows," Rose replied with a soft smile, "She just doesn't like drinking blood. She's basically a peace-loving, no harm hippie. If she could, she'd rather eat bloody steaks, but that's not enough to sustain a life. Now, I do highly appreciate the blood. I think she'll be better suited since she's gone a while without some. I'll be sure to save some for later though. Thank you, Xavier." with that, she handed the bottle to Leah. The blonde haired vampire frowned, but nodded.

"Thank you, Xavier," the younger sibling replied as she went upstairs.

"Don't take it personally," Rose replied, "Lack of blood makes one rather moody, and well, she doesn't drink in front of people unless necessary."

"So, Final," Bria spoke out loud, "What do you think we should do today?"

Xavier nodded. "No offense taken... I just wish I had noticed the symptoms sooner... Or really at all. It seems that this was a happy accident as it were." He mused as he grabbed a mug of coffee. "Yesterday... Got ugly." He said after a moment. "it seems that plugging leaks is more complicated than one would think."

"'Would you like it if Rin goes and extracts information from the town?' Rin inquires, interest piqued. The network can be useful, most of the time." Rin gestured inconspicuously to their supposed 'brain'.

"If only we could all take a day off," Nicolette said, smirking somewhat. "Go see the views. No blood. Fine dining, maybe..."

"'01001010 01100101 01100001 01101100 01101111 01110101 01110011... Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.' Rin recites Shakespeare in a melodramatic fashion, stifling a snicker." The android was not sorry whatsoever about mocking Adrian's very apparent jealousy.

"Yeah, but for now, we should at least get some food in our systems before we do anything else," Bria replied with a soft smile, "We can't go searching on an empty stomach."

"Um, so since breakfast is ready, come eat?" Rose called out when she heard the door open. Bria immediately went on the defense when she realized that it was the safehouse owners. Within the moment, her breathing relaxed and she walked over to them.

"Did you guys have a safe trip?" she asked casually when she noticed some unfamiliar people behind them. The older couple appeared to be in their early sixties. The woman had greying hair that was taking over her black locks, tanned skin, and chocolate brown eyes. She wore a white, sleeveless blouse that was tailored to fit her correctly, a black skirt, and black heels. She had removed her black coat and placed it on the coat rack before giving Bria a hug.

The man contrasted in appearance from his wife. His skin was rather pale, and his eyes were a light green and his hair was a dull red, and cut rather short. His appearance would have many mistaking him for an average businessman; a black suit and tie, dark, shiny shoes, and a dark grey trench coat that he kept on. He didn't seem to be as friendly as his wife, but did give a nod to Bria nonetheless.

"We did, dear," the woman replied with an Nepalese accent, "We brought some that were left homeless by all of this. It appears we have that have come to seek refuge while we were away?"

"Yes," Bria replied with a nod, "More than what you've brought back, it seems. Rose, Aadya and Elric have returned from their trip." Within moments, Rose had removed her apron, and walked into the kitchen, greeting the two with a smile.

"I'm relieved to see you arrived back," Rose spoke before noticing the new tenants, "Only a few?"

"Yes," Aadya replied with a sad smile, "While we hope the other safe areas remain hidden, there are still the few that need refuge when they can't find it." one of the said refugees was a young man who appeared to be in his early twenties. He had short, curly chocolate brown hair along with some facial scruff, most likely due to not being able to shave in a few days. He had a rather nice jawline, and light green eyes. He had an average frame though he had slight bulk into his arms. A grey t-shirt, and dark jeans were what he was wearing as he smiled politely.

"Hello," the man spoke, "I'm Zachary. It's nice to make your acquaintance."

"Likewise," Rose smiled as she motioned for Zachary to follow her. "Come with me, and I'll show you to your room. Afterwards, we can grab you a bite to eat. Does that fare well with you?"

"Yes, m'am," he spoke with the slightest hint of a Southern accent. With that being said, Rose led Zach up the stairs to find a room.

"Aadya, Elric," Bria spoke up, "I figure it's best that we introduce you to the new tenants."

"I wonder what attracts all these handsome young men to our safe house," Nicolette said, the smirk evident in her voice. She glanced over at both Xavier and Zachary. "Rose, you drench the place in perfume or what?"

Hearing the owners of the safehouse arrive after their trip, Xavier sighed. Of course they'd come home when he looked like a ragamuffin. Of course they'd come home when his tie was missing and his shirt had noticeable bloodstains. Of course they'd come home when he hadn't had a chance to shower, clean up or even stash his weapons. Looking at Nicolette, he smiled sadly. "Suppose I'm not going to make the best first impression with our benefactors, am I?" He mused knowingly. Taking a sip of his coffee, he sighed. "At least the coffee's always good."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom